The "Mildly Annoying" Thread

Ok - my day to be freaked out. Nicky and I went for a walk and I looked up and 2 coyotes were looking at us - about 20 feet away. They ran off and we ran back to my office. I don't think Nicky even noticed them, but I'm still shaking.

Ok - my day to be freaked out. Nicky and I went for a walk and I looked up and 2 coyotes were looking at us - about 20 feet away. They ran off and we ran back to my office. I don't think Nicky even noticed them, but I'm still shaking.

No big deal, we get them all the time out here. They almost always run away.

Haha. Coyotes don't come out much in the daylight around here, they've been shot at enough to have a healthy fear of people.

You can't shoot within 500 feet of a dwelling here so neighborhood associations hire trackers to catch the coyotes.

You can't shoot within 500 feet of a dwelling here so neighborhood associations hire trackers to catch the coyotes.

Here if you're outside of the city limits you can blast away. At least I think so, we always have without issue.

Here if you're outside of the city limits you can blast away. At least I think so, we always have without issue.

I always try and run them over but Im never lucky enough. We saw them all of the time growing up, they would eat all of the neighborhood cats and chickens. They killed one of Gasmams Emu's a couple of years ago, gutted it right open.

You have emus????

You have emus????

No, she did. The one the coyote got was a crazy one eyed emu who used to chase you around when you were feeding the horses. Now I want an Alpaca.

I bet a one emu egg omelette would be pretty filling. I'd pretend it was the egg of a velociraptor.

Kevin

No, she did. The one the coyote got was a crazy one eyed emu who used to chase you around when you were feeding the horses. Now I want an Alpaca.

So the coyote did her/you a favor then.

Do you want one alpaca or a herd(?) of them? What would you do with them?

Gasman - My memory isn't great, but didn't you post that you were getting a mini pony?

I bet a one emu egg omelette would be pretty filling. I'd pretend it was the egg of a velociraptor.

Kevin
They used to sell them to artists. They would get 20 bucks a pop. I never got to eat them because she would hide them and by the time we would find them they were uneatable. Im sure they would be good though.

Do you want one alpaca or a herd(?) of them? What would you do with them?
What wouldnt you do with an Alpaca?

Gasman - My memory isn't great, but didn't you post that you were getting a mini pony?

It was a mini donkey but the deal fell through. I was pretty bummed out about that one.

A couple of seasons ago on "Top Chef" one of the chefs made an omelette with an ostrich egg. First she couldn't crack it open, and the the omelette came out rubbery and she had to pack her knives and go.

I think she was more ranting than mildly annoyed.

Kevin

Whole Foods always has different eggs for sale, but they are in with the vegetables, not the chicken eggs. I find that odd.

A couple of seasons ago on "Top Chef" one of the chefs made an omelette with an ostrich egg. First she couldn't crack it open, and the the omelette came out rubbery and she had to pack her knives and go.

I think she was more ranting than mildly annoyed.

Kevin

I remember that one.

Kevin

Kevin, you are almost as twisted as me. Almost.

It was a mini donkey but the deal fell through. I was pretty bummed out about that one.

Why not just get a few pigs? They could fill several needs for you.

Nail in the tire on Mrs SAM's car today - she missed work and I had to miss my plans for an afternoon after-work 9 on a beautimous day..... Thank goodness for Road Hazard!

Back