The Morgan Cup - Want to be a Tour Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The difference between me and you? I make this look good.

Exactly.

"I want to see you walking tall...looking good and mentally alert at all times."

Kevin

There is. Lemme change that. Wait.... nahhhhh, the weather is too nice right now.

Got a cool glass of ice cold horchata and a golf bag full of clubs I suck at hitting. :)

Is there still friendly banter going on in here?

Cool, glad you're getting the locks chopped off bro. I don't know how you put up with that mess in Florida.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Sent from my Tapatalk App

AHA v Esox (grinders to the end)
TC v biggsy (this is inevitable)
Jrod v rbelbin (I heard Jrod was long, but is he belbin long)
DD v Jake (will the real DD please stand up)
CB v One-T (winner cuts the other's hair?)
CG13 v arydolphin (inevitable matchup)
OEM v ddec (OEM wants everyone, but can he handle ddec?)
adwill v Yoccos (you guys are going to FIFY each other to death)

I'd really like to hear what the forum thinks.

Those look pretty good to me and are close to what I had imagined.

Guns n' Roses is so 1980's....in fact let's look at some Paradisians and what the 80's meant to them:

biggsy in the 80's - last time he actually executed a chip shot
carebear/grimace/rutarde' in the 80's - he wasn't retarded then
hairy dolphin in the 80's - head deep in an encyclopedia and fantasizing about Danny Ferry
esox in the 80's - hammered drunk, hanging out with harry longshanks
one-t in the 80's - still losing to me in every sport we ever played
rbelbin in the 80's - tappin it to the 80's
yoccos in the 80's - strapped to his momma's chest while she was trying her 8th attempt at a border crossing
ddec in the 80's - feverishly trying to decide if he was a Lakers/Celtics/Pistons fan and a Mets or Yankees fan. Wasn't into golf, there was no Tiger Woods at that time.

That is a f*ckin hilarious post by one hardcore motherf*cker!

Actually late 80's early 90's but still bad ass motherf*ckers. In fact, if you two ran into each other in a dark alley, you know, one bad ass mofo to another...you'd run away sucking OEM Bandaid's thumb.

Since we are into breaking down teams and their past lives:

AHA: Taught Diego Maradona how to play eight ball or was it smoke 8 balls? (allegedly)
TC: Still dreaming of the Aboriginal hottie who got away.
DD: I think we found Jimmy Hoffa, oh wait he's still missing.
Jrod: Original injury came from childhood osteoperosis.
adwill: I think he might still have Star Wars posters in his master bedroom.
CG: Ate a lot of Ritalin as a kid.
CB: Le chanvre a grandi sur une ferme.
OEM: Grew up idolizing the best chin beard...Colonel Sanders

Bah this thread always blows up during the day then nothing at night... I need an office job.

I wish I had a 40 hr/week job like most people, but I don't. I have a "when shat needs to be done job, it get's done, no matter the hours/day/week".
I have spent and will be spending a lot of time in this b*tch for the next few weeks. I have some time during the day to read posts on my phone, but it's kind of hard to type responses and keep up with threads while driving. I would be showing up to Reunion with my boss' size 14 in my arse if I messed his $350k combine up.
IMG-20110615-00024.jpg

I have been working on my golf game when I can and have been swinging clubs in the yard at night. I also spent some time working on my putting last night in the basement. I have my matchplay league Sunday morning where I plan to embarrass my opponent and will try to sneak in another round at some point this weekend. One thing is for sure though, I will be ready for war in August.

Maybe, I don't know if the hair salon will allow that, but if they do, then a video there will be.

On a golf related note, I had a GREAT lesson today. I've been hitting the ball great lately, and I wanted to take the lesson now, to get his advice on what I'm doing well, and what to keep working on. He changed my set up with my driver just a tiny bit, and man was I hitting my driver well, irons he didn't want to change a thing, and then we just worked on pitching drills, chipping drills, and putting. We spent about 2 hours together as we really get along, and then he suggested that next week we should go out and play a round of golf. I said of course I was going to ask you about having a playing lesson, and he said no no, just bring beer and lets play a round together. Awesome! He's a great guy and a very good coach, but golfing with him will be a little intimidating as he is currently about a +4 of +5 and holds a tournament HC of +2 but it will be a great time I'm sure.

That's awesome CB. Enjoy the round with him next week, it sounds like it should be fun.

I wish I had a 40 hr/week job like most people, but I don't. I have a "when shat needs to be done job, it get's done, no matter the hours/day/week".
I have spent and will be spending a lot of time in this b*tch for the next few weeks. I have some time during the day to read posts on my phone, but it's kind of hard to type responses and keep up with threads while driving. I would be showing up to Reunion with my boss' size 14 in my arse if I messed his $350k combine up.
IMG-20110615-00024.jpg

I have been working on my golf game when I can and have been swinging clubs in the yard at night. I also spent some time working on my putting last night in the basement. I have my matchplay league Sunday morning where I plan to embarrass my opponent and will try to sneak in another round at some point this weekend. One thing is for sure though, I will be ready for war in August.

you drive one of those things? Damn

you drive one of those things? Damn

Yup. Family (in-law's) business and I haven't gotten away...yet. I've started looking at jobs though so I can actually use my degree. A lot of my friends work M-F 7-3 or M-Th 7-5 and I am starting to become very envious. My 7-? is becoming rather old.

Yup. Family (in-law's) business and I haven't gotten away...yet. I've started looking at jobs though so I can actually use my degree. A lot of my friends work M-F 7-3 or M-Th 7-5 and I am starting to become very envious. My 7-? is becoming rather old.

I used to work 6-3 at my old job and loved those hours, except during the winter when it was cold and I had to wake up earlier to shovel and de-ice.

Man you can cut some serious grass with that mower lol

lol. I wonder what my neighbors would think if I drove that home and tried to cut the yard?

I used to work 6-3 at my old job and loved those hours, except during the winter when it was cold and I had to wake up earlier to shovel and de-ice.

Yea, it would suck in the winter but would be awesome during golfing months.

You know, we throw a lot of crap around here about who's playing and who's not, and who's posting and who's not. But bottom line, the bills have to paid and food has to go on the table. We're not professional golfers. I'm lucky, or unlucky depending on how you look at it, that my business has been slow this year which has allowed me to focus on posting, oh yeah, and golfing. Last year when my business was out of control that would have been impossible.

So I, or really we since my wife is my business partner, do fairly well and don't have time for life, or we have a lot of time and have to watch how we're living a little bit. It's always a trade off. I commend the guys that are working their asses off and trying to prepare at the same time.

Hell, if I didn't have to work for a living, I'd be a much better golfer.

Kevin

You know, we throw a lot of crap around here about who's playing and who's not, and who's posting and who's not. But bottom line, the bills have to paid and food has to go on the table. We're not professional golfers. I'm lucky, or unlucky depending on how you look at it, that my business has been slow this year which has allowed me to focus on posting, oh yeah, and golfing. Last year when my business was out of control that would have been impossible.

So I, or really we since my wife is my business partner, do fairly well and don't have time for life, or we have a lot of time and have to watch how we're living a little bit. It's always a trade off. I commend the guys that are working their asses off and trying to prepare at the same time.

Kevin

Well said... I just wish I could participate more during the "action" which seems to be in the middle of the day. By the time dark rolls around it seems everyone has calmed down.

Well said... I just wish I could participate more during the "action" which seems to be in the middle of the day. By the time dark rolls around it seems everyone has calmed down.

To be honest, I think your teammates hit the sauce during the day, get all riled up posting, then pass out after dinner.

Kevin

Kevin

Well said buddy.

I just went out in the yard and swung a bunch with the TM Speed Sleeve. Noticed the moon was full, so I got in a little chipping too. That's how hackers roll.

To be honest, I think your teammates hit the sauce during the day, get all riled up posting, then pass out after dinner.

Kevin
I tend to believe that myself actually.

I had league tonight so I had to bail for a few hours there. It's Wednesday so that means it was niiiiiiice and windy like every Wednesday. Started out bogey, bogey, bogey then made pars the rest of the way around for a 39. It might pull me in a couple of bucks in the low net/low gross game we played tonight, but I won't hold by breath though. My start sucked largely in part because we started on hole 5 then made the turn directly into the wind and had to battle clear back to #1 before we got to turn around and get some help. Putter was good today, no birdies but a lot of good solid GIR and 2 putt pars. The Razr X Tours are great, I haven't been this comfortable with a set of irons so fast in my life. Need to get to the range and keep working on a little fix with my driver swing, but tonight for the most part it was solid. I completely hammered 2 drives that gave me further proof that I'm on the right track so it's more about ingraining that into my muscle memory now. Me and my dad are playing in a Father's Day 2 man scramble on Sunday, looking forward to that quite a bit. All in all the game is good, the wind was tough tonight but 2 of the 3 bogeys were just basically because of a little sloppy play.

I had league tonight so I had to bail for a few hours there. It's Wednesday so that means it was niiiiiiice and windy like every Wednesday. Started out bogey, bogey, bogey then made pars the rest of the way around for a 39. It might pull me in a couple of bucks in the low net/low gross game we played tonight, but I won't hold by breath though. My start sucked largely in part because we started on hole 5 then made the turn directly into the wind and had to battle clear back to #1 before we got to turn around and get some help. Putter was good today, no birdies but a lot of good solid GIR and 2 putt pars. The Razr X Tours are great, I haven't been this comfortable with a set of irons so fast in my life. Need to get to the range and keep working on a little fix with my driver swing, but tonight for the most part it was solid. I completely hammered 2 drives that gave me further proof that I'm on the right track so it's more about ingraining that into my muscle memory now. Me and my dad are playing in a Father's Day 2 man scramble on Sunday, looking forward to that quite a bit. All in all the game is good, the wind was tough tonight but 2 of the 3 bogeys were just basically because of a little sloppy play.

Good stuff man. 39 is solid. Wish I could 2 putt par

Solid round Jake. Good luck this weekend playing with your dad.

now that is awesome! I got to play in a scramble with your dad a the outing. He's a great guy to golf with! I love playing with my old man. Glad to hear those RXT's are treating you well.

Nice round, Jake. That wind play is good training for those powerful FL gales.

Kevin

Solid round Jake. Good luck this weekend playing with your dad.
Thanks DD! Yeah today's round was pretty solid but I knew it could and should have been a little better but I know that is almost always the case so I'm pretty happy with it. I'm really looking forward to getting back in this Father's Day scramble with dad, we used to play in it all the time but his job schedule switched and he had to work that weekend for a few years there, now he's back and I'm pumped!

now that is awesome! I got to play in a scramble with your dad a the outing. He's a great guy to golf with! I love playing with my old man. Glad to hear those RXT's are treating you well.
Yeah my dad talks a lot about how much fun he had in that round. He's a pretty cool guy, it's cool having a dad who's also my buddy.

Nice round, Jake. That wind play is good training for those powerful FL gales.

Kevin
Last 2 times I played in Florida there was no wind but in the event there is wind I'll be ready!

As it gets closer itll pick up more at different times. I miss some weekend action because of work or family stuff. I hate being on call for work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back