The Morgan Cup - Want to be a Tour Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
THat's a great round P4B. All this love for RXT's is outstanding and well deserved. You're putting a ton of work in and I keep saying this but I know our team is going to peak right around August...

Have fun at that scramble dude. My best rounds are always with my Pops.

I tend to believe that myself actually.

I had league tonight so I had to bail for a few hours there. It's Wednesday so that means it was niiiiiiice and windy like every Wednesday. Started out bogey, bogey, bogey then made pars the rest of the way around for a 39. It might pull me in a couple of bucks in the low net/low gross game we played tonight, but I won't hold by breath though. My start sucked largely in part because we started on hole 5 then made the turn directly into the wind and had to battle clear back to #1 before we got to turn around and get some help. Putter was good today, no birdies but a lot of good solid GIR and 2 putt pars. The Razr X Tours are great, I haven't been this comfortable with a set of irons so fast in my life. Need to get to the range and keep working on a little fix with my driver swing, but tonight for the most part it was solid. I completely hammered 2 drives that gave me further proof that I'm on the right track so it's more about ingraining that into my muscle memory now. Me and my dad are playing in a Father's Day 2 man scramble on Sunday, looking forward to that quite a bit. All in all the game is good, the wind was tough tonight but 2 of the 3 bogeys were just basically because of a little sloppy play.

To be honest, I think your teammates hit the sauce during the day, get all riled up posting, then pass out after dinner.

Kevin

LOL! hilarious

Well said... I just wish I could participate more during the "action" which seems to be in the middle of the day. By the time dark rolls around it seems everyone has calmed down.

Create your own action then.
There is plenty of stuff to talk about in my opinion.

Guys lets remember that this is the Morgan Cup thread.
Trash Talk
Matchups
Course
Preparing
Equipment

But lets try and not have this turn into the banter away thread about jobs and other things. Because you know what, sponsors dont care and frankly neither do we. If you cant be here, we assume there is a reason for it. Not thrilled about it, but we assume there is a reason and respect that.

If you can be here, have a good time. Talk about the event....Or heck there is an entire forum filled with equipment threads around your sponsor as well as thousands of other ones.

So when do the TM staffers start getting their irons? I see an advantage thus far to Team Callaway guys

Thanks DD! Yeah today's round was pretty solid but I knew it could and should have been a little better but I know that is almost always the case so I'm pretty happy with it. I'm really looking forward to getting back in this Father's Day scramble with dad, we used to play in it all the time but his job schedule switched and he had to work that weekend for a few years there, now he's back and I'm pumped!

P4B -- You Dad is a great guy and I enjoyed the heck out of playing with him at WPB! Enjoy your time together :thumb:

So when do the TM staffers start getting their irons? I see an advantage thus far to Team Callaway guys

I honestly have no idea chunky. I'm sure they've put orders in for other things though.

I will say this, there's nothing better than getting a pm from the tour rep.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

I honestly have no idea chunky. I'm sure they've put orders in for other things though.

Second on that, I love hearing from my rep!

Since both teams have the 4 TM Staffers and 4 Callaway Staffers, really no team advantage one way or the other in my opinion to the equipment arriving at different times.

Those are great emails, but they are usually followed by panic and second-guessing (even after a fitting)...don't want to get those selections wrong.

Since both teams have the 4 TM Staffers and 4 Callaway Staffers, really no team advantage one way or the other in my opinion to the equipment arriving at different times.

Those are great emails, but they are usually followed by panic and second-guessing (even after a fitting)...don't want to get those selections wrong.

I was not trying to say that one of the teams is getting an advantage. Just that the guys playing Callaway have been practicing with their irons for a little bit now.

I was not trying to say that one of the teams is getting an advantage. Just that the guys playing Callaway have been practicing with their irons for a little bit now.

Sorry CL, re-reading that sounds more accusational than intended...that lack of advantage is what I've been telling myself as I read the Callaway Irons thread. Considering the original plan was for none of us to get anything until we got down there for the MC, we're all ahead of the curve already.

I'm not going to lie, my heart skips a beat every time I get a PM from my tour rep because I know there's going to be something exciting in it!

Yeah, problem is you would need an elevator to get in it

**I workabilitied that post using Tapatalk**

LOL so would you tough guy

Sorry CL, re-reading that sounds more accusational than intended...that lack of advantage is what I've been telling myself as I read the Callaway Irons thread. Considering the original plan was for none of us to get anything until we got down there for the MC, we're all ahead of the curve already.

I didn't take it as an accusation AD so no worries. I just was clarifying as I could see that saying Team Callaway was a poor way of saying Callaway Staffers.

You both are right. I love hearing from our awesome Callaway Tour Rep. But like AD said, once you hear from him you start second-guessing and over thinking your selections. So far I'm very happy with both of my decisions, but we still have some big ones coming up in the near future.

Can't wait to see the driver selections for Callaway.

Im curious to see if anyone takes the Octane Black. The Darth Vader of drivers.

That is a neat looking driver for sure. I didn't get an opportunity to hit it when I compared the Diablo Octane head to head vs. the Razr Hawk. But yeah I'll say it sure is neat looking!

I'm thinking about it. Talking with JB at the outing after my LM session he recommend I look at the Razr Hawk and Octane Tour because I can get the spin numbers I would need. My recent golf lessons I have been having my driver sit open by alot, so having a 1 degree open driver doesn't scare me all that much ATM. I plan on doing a fitting for the driver.

I would but it needs to be at least 3* more open.

I never second guess myself.

You both are right. I love hearing from our awesome Callaway Tour Rep. But like AD said, once you hear from him you start second-guessing and over thinking your selections. So far I'm very happy with both of my decisions, but we still have some big ones coming up in the near future.

LOL....

Man, everytime I read these Morgan Cup threads I get jealous!!

I just keep saying to myself "it will be you next year" :desire:

I would love to! Sweet looking driver that performs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back