The Morgan Cup - Want to be a Tour Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice playing AHA and biggsy! AHA, sounds like you got some really tough breaks, and we all have those days. Still, to shoot under 80 with those bad breaks in a tournament setup is really impressive. biggsy, nice playing on a really long track (I looked at your stats on OOB), should give you some good confidence when the holes are shorter at Reunion.

I guess it's a good thing that it took me 15 minutes to get caught up with all of the posts on this thread! Great to see the activity in this thread from supporters of both teams. I haven't posted in this thread during the day because I was busy at work this morning, but luckily got to head out this afternoon and play 18 holes. I got to the course without a tee time, and the guy in the pro shop told me to go to the 10th tee right away to get in front of some groups that were going to tee off a little after that. Anyways, I struggled on the first nine holes with a 46. I had 2 triple bogeys due to lost balls off of the tee, and was really angry at myself walking from the 18th green to the 1st tee. I played more conservatively on the front nine, trying to stay away from penalty shots. My rhythm also got better, and I came home in 38 to shoot 84 for the day. The course had 5 par 3's and I made par on all of those holes, which was really nice. I had some great up and downs with the XFT wedges, will post some details about that in the wedge thread. For what it's worth, the course was 70.4/128 in terms of rating and slope.

Once I get rid of the penalty shots off of the tee, I'm going to be threatening to break 80 pretty regularly. One other thing: the high temperature at the course was 91 degrees, and I walked 18 holes while carrying my bag, and felt great afterwards. I know it's not the Florida heat and humidity, but if felt good to be out there and get some exposure to high temperatures. The funny part about it is that once the temperatures go above 90 degrees here, the courses magically clear out, I finished my round in 3.5 hours and wasn't rushing at all, I could have gotten around in 3 hours if I had tried to do that.

Thanks Ary! Nice playing. You'll get those tee shots worked out. You really brought the round home nicely. Well done!

JRod@530CST checking in....

I absolutely LOVE the support this event is getting from everyone. Yoiu guys are just as important, if not more, than the participants themselves! Please make sure you hit up TMaG, Callaway, and Reunion on Facebook as well. Kinda strange an entire day almost with no feelings hurt.
Can we post on Callaway's Facebook page now?

Good point. Biggsy you suck eggs.
You hit the ball like a girl.

According to Esox, he calls the white clubs "eggs"...I guess I'm getting a little close to my clubs :D

Who's taller? Spank or Chunky???

Yep - jimjc will fit in quite well with you guys. You should send him a PM and offer a supporter tag. In all seriousness, see the Miyazaki shaft thread for the low down...not pretty.
thanks for the heads up.

The power has been out at my house for the past 3 hours or so after a bad storm...I've been following along on tapatalk and I finally resorted to tethering my iphone and laptop, but I'm almost out of power on both.

Hawk, funny stuff my friend. Glad to have you as part of our winning team.

Making 9 dozen Pentas last you three months on a round a week isn't anything to be proud of. Your poor shag bag is full of cartpath burned Pentas that are just begging for a Hacker to hit finally hit them pure.

Hairy went to DOOOK, his shag bag is full of old pictures of Christian Laettner and Danny Ferry, not golf balls.

You paradisians sure do run through a lot of golf balls. Try keeping them out of the woods and you might save a few bucks.
We hit new ones every few holes. These finely tuned clubs deserve fresh...balls. We toss the used ones to the galleries following.

The power has been out at my house for the past 3 hours or so after a bad storm...I've been following along on tapatalk and I finally resorted to tethering my iphone and laptop, but I'm almost out of power on both.

Hawk, funny stuff my friend. Glad to have you as part of our winning team.

I think the same storm is about to hit here.

Hairy went to DOOOK, his shag bag is full of old pictures of Christian Laettner and Danny Ferry, not golf balls.

Thanks Ary! Nice playing. You'll get those tee shots worked out. You really brought the round home nicely. Well done!

Can we post on Callaway's Facebook page now?

Yep, just worked for me about 1 hour ago.

Those guys were before my time. I pull out my picture of Shane Battier whenever I need inspiration on the course.

At least I don't have to use a golf ball that looks like a disco ball to find my ball on the course.

Watch your mouth talking about Chromax that way. They were an original outing supporter. Not that you'd know.

Yeah Ary...Hawk just talks about golf...doesn't play it...

Yeah, I don't play golf. Don't you have an awkward moment to go create?

Oh snap! Duke hate is everywhere!

[activate Sean voice]

Hey there Hawk, hawkster. You play golf like a girl. Duh, even the sun shines on a dog's rear now and then. Maybe you should play golf on your Nintendo if you want to achieve scores you'd like. NOT!

[deactivate Sean voice]

Hey UNCfan6, I enjoy this video a little more. Oh yeah, enjoy your football team's probation that is coming soon too.

Did you seriously just try to talk football smack hairy? There are highschool teams that could beat DOOOK in football dude. The US Women's soccer team could beat DOOOK at football.

duke_desperation2.jpg

This is true Yoccos. After I dispatch of your team in August I will show you the ways padwan.

Did you seriously just try to talk football smack hairy? There are highschool teams that could beat DOOOK in football dude. The US Women's soccer team could beat DOOOK at football.

Please don't bring women's soccer into this. I don't know if I can handle another arymeltdown.

I love everyone in this thread, but I will not anyone making fun of Chromax lol.

I love everyone in this thread, but I will not anyone making fun of Chromax lol.

Exactly. Your teammate has insulted a THP Outing pioneer and you at the same time. Come to team Hackers while you still can, Yoccos. I'll send you a PM in a moment with instructions on adding the tag to your sig.

Hey UNCfan6, I enjoy this video a little more. Oh yeah, enjoy your football team's probation that is coming soon too.

And yet UNC still had as many players drafted in the NFL draft as USC. Even with the probations they will still beat Duke

Exactly. Your teammate has insulted a THP Outing pioneer and you at the same time. Come to team Hackers while you still can, Yoccos. I'll send you a PM in a moment with instructions on adding the tag to your sig.

Did you tell Yoccos about your clubs newest member?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back