The Official 2014-15 NBA Thread

Ugggg, I think today is the day we find out if the Mavs are a lottery team or a contender with the Jordan circus. I don't see this ending in favor of the good guys but would like to be proven wrong.

Holy crap. The dollars are flying everywhere.

Holy crap. The dollars are flying everywhere.

That's a nice frontcourt with Giannis and Jabari Parker.

My Lord, owners just can't help themselves. I know the cap is going up
But the dollars being thrown at marginal players is mind boggling.

Gotta pay to get or keep talent. Especially with all of the restricted players. Thank goodness for profit sharing, I guess.

Its nuts. Reminds me of MLB. Eventually these other leagues will realize one of these leagues gets it right...

As a Lakers fan, it is doubly crazy. First, is the crazy money going around. But second, it is crazy seeing all these players reject the Lakers. I can see someone like LMA choosing a solid franchise like San Antonio. But Milwaukee? Cra Cra.

Phoenix and San Antonio are making a lot of moves in hopes of landing Aldridge. One (or both) of them will be very disappointed.

Phoenix and San Antonio are making a lot of moves in hopes of landing Aldridge. One (or both) of them will be very disappointed.

And the thing is LMA hasn't ever really done anything in his career. Have they even made the second round with him? And he doesn't really play defense either. I don't get it.

And the thing is LMA hasn't ever really done anything in his career. Have they even made the second round with him? And he doesn't really play defense either. I don't get it.

Kevin Love is on line 2

D-Wade going back to Miami on a 1-year deal for $20 million. I guess this is Pat Riley's way of saying thanks for taking less money in the past, but also kicking him out the door after this upcoming season.

D-Wade going back to Miami on a 1-year deal for $20 million. I guess this is Pat Riley's way of saying thanks for taking less money in the past, but also kicking him out the door after this upcoming season.
This is all part of Riley ' s plan to bring in Durant next year. He'll find a way to keep D - Wade too. #Heatlifer

It looks like I was dead wrong about the Blazers not going into rebuild mode.

Out: LMA, Wesley Matthews, Robin Lopez, Afflalo and Batum. (AKA the starting five and first guy off the bench, minus Lillard)

In: young unproven bigs (Vonleh, Ed Davis, etc.) and who knows what else.

Yeah, it is going to be a long season in Portland...and I don't think I'll be responding to those emails asking me to buy a mini game package.

Looks like it's 50/50 the Clips re-sign Jordan. Apparently, he wants to be more involved on offense. How? He can't even make free throws. With that said, he's a beast near the rim and the Clips will miss him severely.

Looks like it's 50/50 the Clips re-sign Jordan. Apparently, he wants to be more involved on offense. How? He can't even make free throws. With that said, he's a beast near the rim and the Clips will miss him severely.
Thought he signed with the mavs? At least i thought i heard that haha

Thought he signed with the mavs? At least i thought i heard that haha

F%&^%&%!!!!!! You're right. Not good at all.

Looks like rondo signed a 1 year deal with the kings

Looks like rondo signed a 1 year deal with the kings

Where he belongs. A team nobody cares about, nobody hears about and nobody sees.
He will find a way to ruin this team too however.

Where he belongs. A team nobody cares about, nobody hears about and nobody sees.
And u know someone will throw a ton of cash at him next year too

I was about to type something similar.

Perfect fit for him.

And u know someone will throw a ton of cash at him next year too

I was about to type something similar.

Perfect fit for him.

I remember the warning I threw to Dallas fans this year, and they said "Your crazy, he is the difference maker"....The only problem is the difference is between sane and insane.

Morey is doing his thing... Gets Beverly to stay home for less than what the Knicks reportedly were offering.... Not the splashy signing, but one that was needed

Morey is doing his thing... Gets Beverly to stay home for less than what the Knicks reportedly were offering.... Not the splashy signing, but one that was needed
Brewer as well!

I remember the warning I threw to Dallas fans this year, and they said "Your crazy, he is the difference maker"....The only problem is the difference is between sane and insane.

It was a shot in the dark they took that one of the best coaches in the NBA could make a difference with him. Not so much. Don't fault the effort that was applied.

Aldridge announced he's going to spurs

Back