The Official 2014 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice. I missed that one. Was that recently or just another "Johnny Football" TMZ update.

It was a few days ago I believe.

Maybe just no self awareness, extreme poor judgement, or maybe not ready to handle success on any level?

Just a giant DB IMO, glad he's your problem...

The thing with him that's different than any other player in the nfl is TMZ is basically in his jock strap. Everywhere he goes someone is willing to take pictures for some $$$ and make some stupid story out of it. Now if it were me, enough is enough and I'm staying at my mansion and partying there and not letting anyone with a phone/camera in. But JM is not the only person in the league who parties in his time off. He's just the only one that everyone wants to write about

The thing with him that's different than any other player in the nfl is TMZ is basically in his jock strap. Everywhere he goes someone is willing to take pictures for some $$$ and make some stupid story out of it. Now if it were me, enough is enough and I'm staying at my mansion and partying there and not letting anyone with a phone/camera in. But JM is not the only person in the league who parties in his time off. He's just the only one that everyone wants to write about

Ummmm No. There are TONS of NFL players that are followed and have more fame than he does. TONS! You dont think Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck, etc have people following them? And FWIW, TMZ did not break the story...The idiots putting up selfies did. Not to mention the cops were called to the party.

Here is the story.

How would you go about keeping your name out of the spotlight for your off-field activities? How about this plan: Go to Justin Bieber's house for a party that also includes Floyd Mayweather and other celebrities, and have the cops come out twice to Bieb's crib on noise complaints.

Very stealth there, Johnny Football.

A few days after Manziel complained that his Browns teammates were sick of answering questions about his partying, and he was too, the rookie quarterback won a game of social media bingo by getting Bieber Fever and hanging out with the pop star and Mayweather in Beverly Hills.

Bieber put a couple pictures on his Shots.com account.

Ummmm No. There are TONS of NFL players that are followed and have more fame than he does. TONS! You dont think Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck, etc have people following them? And FWIW, TMZ did not break the story...The idiots putting up selfies did. Not to mention the cops were called to the party.

Don't forget any player on the Jets or Giants.

Ya after I read my post it sounded like I was making excuses for the guy. It's early and I haven't had my coffee yet. The point I wanted to make was I don't understand how he's not staying home and making sure none of this crap leaks to the media. LeBron is the perfect example. He was the biggest name in sports when he was 18 years old. Covers of SI and high school games on espn. Yet he never let anyone get too close that he didn't trust and he never let his personal life/partying get exposed. If LeBron can do it, JM can too. Just seems like he doesn't think it's that big of a deal. Normally NFL off seasons are brutal around this town because everyone wants to talk about something stupid with this team, but this is almost unbearable. Today they are talking about how he didn't look real drunk in his pictures with Biebs and Mayweather. Really?

You know why he's not staying home and hiding from the media? Because he doesn't give a crap.

It's probably his most refreshing quality.

Live your life as you see fit and don't hurt anyone in the process. Good enough for me.

Live your life as you see fit and don't hurt anyone in the process. Good enough for me.

This I agree with. However dont say two days earlier that you are opposed to it for yourself and your teammates, because then, frankly, you are hurting your teammates.

I cannot wait until this guy just disappears. He hasn't even played a game yet and I'm so tired of him.

Kiko Alonso tore his ACL while working out on his own this week, according to media reports. Someone go give dcbrad a hug.

Kiko Alonso tore his ACL while working out on his own this week, according to media reports. Someone go give dcbrad a hug.

Worst part is the Bills in theory could get away with not paying him since it happened away from the team facility, making it a non football injury

I cannot wait until this guy just disappears. He hasn't even played a game yet and I'm so tired of him.
I couldn't agree more.

Manziel is an Aggie. That's enough reason to hate him ;). So glad that the Jets have a less popular train wreck in Geno Smith.

Just not sure why there is so much shock and drama over a 21/22 year old partying over a weekend where he/she doesn't have to work.

Just not sure why there is so much shock and drama over a 21/22 year old partying over a weekend where he/she doesn't have to work.
Even when days prior he said he was done with it?

If you don't want your teammates to deal with it, a sure fire way to keep that from happening is to definitely hang out and take selfies with Bieber and Mayweather.

Class breeds class and dirtbags have no barrier.

Even when days prior he said he was done with it?

If you don't want your teammates to deal with it, a sure fire way to keep that from happening is to definitely hang out and take selfies with Bieber and Mayweather.

Class breeds class and dirtbags have no barrier.

Did he say he was done with it? The sound bite I heard sounded like he said he was sick of the press annoying his team mates about his partying, but was hardly a commitment to stop partying.

Did he say he was done with it? The sound bite I heard sounded like he said he was sick of the press annoying his team mates about his partying, but was hardly a commitment to stop partying.

He never said he was done. But when you say you want your teammates to stop being asked about your social choices, maybe you should change your social choices.

That's what a leader and a face of a franchise would do.

This is turning into the tebow media circus just a total 180

He never said he was done. But when you say you want your teammates to stop being asked about your social choices, maybe you should change your social choices.

Don't disagree, just pointing out that to my knowledge, he never said he was done.,

Not only did he say he that about his teammates, he said it about himself. Here is the blurb from the story that I also put above.

How would you go about keeping your name out of the spotlight for your off-field activities? How about this plan: Go to Justin Bieber's house for a party that also includes Floyd Mayweather and other celebrities, and have the cops come out twice to Bieb's crib on noise complaints.

Very stealth there, Johnny Football.

A few days after Manziel complained that his Browns teammates were sick of answering questions about his partying, and he was too, the rookie quarterback won a game of social media bingo by getting Bieber Fever and hanging out with the pop star and Mayweather in Beverly Hills.

Bieber put a couple pictures on his Shots.com account.

Not only did he say he that about his teammates, he said it about himself. Here is the blurb from the story that I also put above.

It's silly when celebrities who are all over party stories complain about being in party stories.

Bad luck and bad decisions, not looking good for the Bills this year.

Josh Gordon was just ranked the No. 16 overall player. Unreal if he misses the entire season.

Sorry, but he didn't say he was done partying and hanging out with celebrities. He only said he was tired of the media asking about it.

It's incredibly stupid that the media keeps harping on the partying, he's not doing anything illegal. He shouldn't have to live in hiding just to avoid the stupid media.

I don't like the guy at all, I think he's a huge douche, but this stuff about partying is just ridiculous. The media needs to leave the guy alone already unless he does something illegal or newsworthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back