The Official 2015 MLB Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about Kirk Gibson fist pumping? Or Joe Carter jumping up and down around the bases? It's emotion. I don't think Bautista flipped his bat to show up the pitcher. It seems like he tossed the bat out of excitement.

I know we have talked about Carlos Gomez. I don't like the pitcher stare down, but Bautista didn't stare anybody down.

Both of those are examples of walk-off home runs and not a clutch home run in the bottom of a 7th inning. To me they are a little different.

I tend to think it is a little bit of a double standard when it comes to celebrations with hitters and pitchers. Flip a bat or watch your home run too long - pitchers get a little sensitive and you are probably getting drilled the next time you are up. Pitcher gets a key strikeout or induces a double play to help to get out of jam and there is no problem with them throwing pump fists or screaming at the top of their lungs on the way to the dugout.

Personally I don't mind the emotion from either side as long as it isn't excessive.

Both of those are examples of walk-off home runs and not a clutch home run in the bottom of a 7th inning. To me they are a little different.

I tend to think it is a little bit of a double standard when it comes to celebrations with hitters and pitchers. Flip a bat or watch your home run too long - pitchers get a little sensitive and you are probably getting drilled the next time you are up. Pitcher gets a key strikeout or induces a double play to help to get out of jam and there is no problem with them throwing pump fists or screaming at the top of their lungs on the way to the dugout.

Personally I don't mind the emotion from either side as long as it isn't excessive.
The only argument that makes sense to me, is the 7th inning part. But it was a big moment in the biggest game of their season.

If Bautista in any way motioned to the pitcher or the Rangers dugout, different story.

funny

The only argument that makes sense to me, is the 7th inning part. But it was a big moment in the biggest game of their season.

If Bautista in any way motioned to the pitcher or the Rangers dugout, different story.

In agreement with you on Bautista - I didn't think of it was directed towards the Rangers, so I was fine with it.

funny

I love it. The only thing that keeps me from being a full fledged bandwagon Cubs fan is the fact my Dodgers are still in the playoffs.

Is that confusing for you? Baseball in October?

Until last year, I thought MLB just ended completely after September.

funny

Terrible execution on the actual move, but I'll give it a nod/laugh!

Also, this has me rolling. THE PARROT, EDWIN!

anigif_optimized-31005-1440699491-1.gif

I tried to read all the posts and don't think,I saw this mentioned but there is a cultural difference in how bat flips and reaction to home runs like that are between the U.S. and Latin America. In the Latin American countries this is a norm and not frowned upon when a player shows this emotion and celebrates. Joes Bats has played lots if ball in DR and I something he has done for awhile. In the US many react in the way people in this thread are that it's showboating, disrespecting the game, etc.

the he game has changed from the days of Nolan Ryan, Bob Gibson and others. There aren't many pitchers who,use intimidation factors like Pedro, Clemens and others of the recent retired players or the old school guys, not to mention many don't know how to pitch inside. It's a game geared toward offense and the long ball.

I'm not a baseball fan really but lets go Mets tonight!

I'm changing that to Lets go Dodgers!

Always gotta cheer on the Dodgers

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Go Adrien!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Dang it, you can't keep failing to capitalize on these chances against good pitchers.

Dodgers really got to be kicking themselves with the lapse on defense and stranding all these runners. These missed opportunities usually come back to bite you.

Ernie johnson is brutal to listen to

And to think the Mets may let Murphy walk after this season.

You rarely see a non-pitcher dominate a game the way Murphy has tonight.

Seager is throwing GAS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back