The Official 2016 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He must share a barber with Lloyd Christmas.

I always thought he looked like the grown up version of this kid.
fa9ca050def8ea3965f3902ccddf723c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rams sign Duke Williams to a FA contract. Once considered the top 2016 WR draft prospect, until off the field issues got him the boot off the team at Auburn.

Have to wonder if the guy can get it straightened out and put his talent to work.

Rams sign Duke Williams to a FA contract. Once considered the top 2016 WR draft prospect, until off the field issues got him the boot off the team at Auburn.

Have to wonder if the guy can get it straightened out and put his talent to work.
Not sure if hes just a giant moron or the mental health rumors were true, but either way it's sad to see him fall.

Edit:Fisher loves him some Auburn boys.

Are you effing kidding me? Jalen Ramsey torn meniscus in practice today. That could go anywhere from eight weeks to the entire season. Two years in a row with our top pick up down in mini camp. WTF!?

Are you effing kidding me? Jalen Ramsey torn meniscus in practice today. That could go anywhere from eight weeks to the entire season. Two years in a row with our top pick up down in mini camp. WTF!?

Ya but he won't miss the entire season. Should be ready before the season starts

Ya but he won't miss the entire season. Should be ready before the season starts

Depends on the type of surgery. The older way was just to cut the affected part of the meniscus out. That's a shorter recovery, but the meniscus doesn't grow back, can lead to earlier onset of arthritis in the knee. The newer way is to repair the meniscus by reconnecting the torn part. That's a much longer recovery, in the 4-6 month range, but can lead to better outcomes down the road.

To echo Penglynns, 2 high-profile athletes in another sport have had recent meniscus repairs: Russell Westbrook and Derrick Rose. Westbrook has seemed to make a complete recovery, which Rose seems to have lost a step or two with his issues.

Thanks for the info. That helps explain the extended recovery for the UCLA LB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends on the type of surgery. The older way was just to cut the affected part of the meniscus out. That's a shorter recovery, but the meniscus doesn't grow back, can lead to earlier onset of arthritis in the knee. The newer way is to repair the meniscus by reconnecting the torn part. That's a much longer recovery, in the 4-6 month range, but can lead to better outcomes down the road.

To echo Penglynns, 2 high-profile athletes in another sport have had recent meniscus repairs: Russell Westbrook and Derrick Rose. Westbrook has seemed to make a complete recovery, which Rose seems to have lost a step or two with his issues.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought if it's an inner tear where it doesn't get as much blood flow it will never completely heal? I tore my rear medial meniscus (tear was on the inside of the C) and had to get a partial menisectomy (spl) and they removed a good percentage of the it. Then again, it was performed by an Army doctor so he could've just removed all the cartilage for all I know, haha!

And IIRC, Reggie Bush was back playing after a meniscus tear in less than a month while he was with the Lions so I'm sure Ramsey will be fine.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought if it's an inner tear where it doesn't get as much blood flow it will never completely heal? I tore my rear medial meniscus (tear was on the inside of the C) and had to get a partial menisectomy (spl) and they removed a good percentage of the it. Then again, it was performed by an Army doctor so he could've just removed all the cartilage for all I know, haha!

And IIRC, Reggie Bush was back playing after a meniscus tear in less than a month while he was with the Lions so I'm sure Ramsey will be fine.

Minor tear to the side they clean up and he's back in four weeks. Tear to the back where the blood flow comes in takes longer. Ramsey also had micro fracture surgery in high school so this just increases likelihood of future problems - mostly early arthritis.

From what Amol said, I'm getting it repaired correctly and sitting out as long as I have to. He has a long career ahead of him, he's potentially sacrificing several years of very high pay for one year.

man the jags have had some bad luck lately.

I know they clearly lost a bet when designing those helmets.

they arent bad ...if you liked NFL Europe

If left alone, meniscus never heals on its own; it's not like when you break a bone and new bone gets laid down around the break. Whoever develops an artificial method to regenerate the meniscus is going to make a boatload of money. I'm not knowledgeable enough about location of the meniscus injury in regards to blood flow to give you a good answer on that. This article goes much more in-depth on Ramsey's situation than I ever could, and talks about the different types of surgeries and how his situation compares to Myles Jack: https://www.fanduel.com/insider/201...-injury-and-surgical-controversy-for-jaguars/

FWIW: the repair option for meniscus is a newer thing and mainly used in athletes. For the large majority of people that tear their meniscus, aka people that aren't professional or highly competitive athletes, just cutting the injured portion out is the quicker and easier fix.

i really think the jags are trending like the 49ers were back before harbaugh. On paper they look great and i think they have alot of young talent. i have no faith they will be better then 6-10 or worse with the coach they have now. i think he will get fired and if they get someone else that is good they will make a jump to playoff contention.

I'll take 'What is overreaction' for $500 Alex. Haha!

Luck was definitely an epic letdown last season, but I'm sorry, Bortles is not a better QB than him. I think Bortles is pretty talented but he's not on Luck's level.

I would definitely agree with you, but it was interesting to me that the list is compiled using NFL coaches and exec who watch alot of film, not talking heads or fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back