The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before we had kids, I had a hard time understanding this sentiment. Our four year old starts Pre-K Thursday, and I swear he was born last week.

Yea, funny how time gets away from the most important times in our lives. I remember my son being born like it was yesterday, all the craziness of the weather, work, family, the birth and the days after... he's 31 now, lol.

Contemplating running a half marathon soon. I need 12 weeks to train. I think this will be a great thing to do in the golf off season.

Contemplating running a half marathon soon. I need 12 weeks to train. I think this will be a great thing to do in the golf off season.

You can do it dude. Anything can be achieved if you want it bad enough. Do it for yourself just to prove you can do it.

If you do it, track your progress here! i would love to follow along

what offseason?

I'm playing 18 this afternoon with the Secretary of the Wisconsin Department of Administration and the Deputy Secretary. I'm really regretting last night's workout and my daughter waking up at 4:30.

We go to Walmart every Sunday for our weekly spending spree. It is what it is.

You can do it dude. Anything can be achieved if you want it bad enough. Do it for yourself just to prove you can do it.

Absolutely! Most of my good friends run them and I need to get my butt in gear.

If you do it, track your progress here! i would love to follow along

I will be sure to track my progress for sure. I printed out a training schedule and I am thinking about starting next week.

what offseason?

This is true. I figure I could run during winter when I usually slack off golf a little bit (which usually means playing 3 times a week instead of 5).

Google Hal Higdon and follow one of his half marathon training programs. Best of luck man do not skimp on things if you are serious... shoes/socks/hydration/carbs/recovery

Just found out that the PX Black shaft I got won't work in my CG Black because the tip is fractured (had a TM adapter on it). Oh well. Hard to say how it happened so it just is what it is. Nothing ventured nothing gained. :D

Google Hal Higdon and follow one of his half marathon training programs. Best of luck man do not skimp on things if you are serious... shoes/socks/hydration/carbs/recovery

I am definitely not going to skimp. I am going to hold off on the shoes till I get my new running stride down. I am very bad to run heel to toe when I should keep on my toes. Once I get this new stride ingrained, I will get fitted to a pair of shoes. I have some slight blood sugar problems and I will have to make sure I eat properly. I don't know if you will see it on the 3rd day of the MC, but my blood sugar dropped on the 16th and I could not hit the ball. I would hate for that to start happening when I was running.

The infection of the US known as "Walmart", it spread quickly.

excelhero_walmart_growth.gif
Went to my first WalMart in 1981 in Pittsburg, KS, where I went to college. Seeing how it is so close to Arkansas, it was one of the first stores in the U.S. It was store #72. The one we go to most here in KC is #2855.

The walmart in my city was at one point the busiest walmart in the nation-can't find the article at the moment- we only had one walmart at the time for a city of 100,000 and it was packed all day, sometimes we had to go at 1 am just to shop because it was always packed-plus a lot of people had the same idea as us.

Now we have another one and they are currently building a third and the biggest thing that pisses me off is they say they can price match any other store-except for their own stores. . .one time they had a nice taylormade glove for $2 at one store on sale but not the right size and I found it at the other store but for $15 and they wouldn't price match unless it was another company. . .lame haha

My club pro sent me an invitation to play a "beginning golf Scramble" for a group of us beginners, sure I'm a beginner but I've spent tons of time working with him and playing which has got me scoring low 90s high 80s, It should be an interesting scramble-who knows I may actually win for once

stomach is growling, time to hit up the vending machines

usually hit the M&M's but after yesterday's disaster Im deferring to something else...thoughts?

stomach is growling, time to hit up the vending machines

usually hit the M&M's but after yesterday's disaster Im deferring to something else...thoughts?

Bag O Munchies (Flaming hot)

munchies-flamin-hot.gif

My club pro sent me an invitation to play a "beginning golf Scramble" for a group of us beginners, sure I'm a beginner but I've spent tons of time working with him and playing which has got me scoring low 90s high 80s, It should be an interesting scramble-who knows I may actually win for once

Hey dude I would say go for it! Get yourself a win

Hey dude I would say go for it! Get yourself a win

I think I will, I've only played a best ball tournament which was fun we got an 80 and winner got a 60, but a scramble against people who are around the same skill level should be fun

Just ate a pimento cheese sammich and couple devilish eggs ;) yumm!!

dont think they have those, Ive seen Doritos and Sun Chips in that realm

Ah dang, must be a southwestern thing then haha. how about sun chips?

Ah dang, must be a southwestern thing then haha. how about sun chips?

I love them, but it drives me crazy that the bag is only 40% full. I know they all have their fair share of air, but the sun chips are the WORST

A couple of my buddies and their wives moved from here to the Greenwich Connecticut area and they said that they can't find any flaming hot cheetos or Munchies in that area, nor have they found Dr. Pepper, that's pretty strange to me.

I kinda want some red hot pork rinds

I love them, but it drives me crazy that the bag is only 40% full. I know they all have their fair share of air, but the sun chips are the WORST

Yeah that sucks, get the doritos and then tomorrow go to the dollar store and buy a big bag of whatever you want and keep in your desk at work or something like that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back