The Official Banter Away thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, if nothing else, she could be a fun golf partner. At least you already have something in common!

I met one of son's friends mother and she has her own clubs! Not to mention she is fun to talk to. Spending time with her and a bit scurred. My son has been my everything and I haven't thought about anything like this in a long time.

Going for a hike at a great park with elevation and next to a private course and to the range and hit balls today after my tires have been rotated and balanced.

Good for you buddy! Nice to find someone with similar interests.

Very cool Doug, happy to hear this for you man. You deserve it!

Doug,
Its simple. Show her the calves. Clearly based on the posts, they are irresistible.

Thanks guys, those few posts really meant a lot and put a smile on my face. She hasn't seen the calves yet, so I got that surprise. Still...don't get that but roll with it...lol. I've tried my best to be an honest and giving everything of myself to others. However, dating has not been my strong suit and guess if there was a dark side to overcome, this would be mine. Slow and steady...wish me luck.

Dude, you are truly one of the most sincere people I have met. That shines through.

Doug,
Good luck brother!
Cool she seems to have some similar interests.

Doug, that is AWESOME! Good luck making that connection, and I'm sure if you just be yourself, you'll be in like flynn.

Thanks guys, those few posts really meant a lot and put a smile on my face. She hasn't seen the calves yet, so I got that surprise. Still...don't get that but roll with it...lol. I've tried my best to be an honest and giving everything of myself to others. However, dating has not been my strong suit and guess if there was a dark side to overcome, this would be mine. Slow and steady...wish me luck.

U got this man...being honest is top priority and u seem like a dude with solid values...I'm sure it will work out!

And if it's starting to unravel...bust out the calves

When I entered my scores in the index service I learned that I hadn't played a round of golf in over a month. That's just wrong.

Also, thanks to another thread I made a point of putting this post in the banter thread instead of the index thread. I'm learning :)

There would be nothing wrong with this post in the index thread.
Its more about inside jokes, backroom bullsh!t that goes on every day and the general back and forth that a couple of people (nobody in particular and it could be a different 2 in each thread) end up doing that have nothing to do with the topic.

Its one thing to have your personality shine and come through (which I think is great about this place), its another thing to try and exert it at every opportunity as an attempt at attention.

It reminds of this example. Someone posts a lot on THP and then disappears for a few months. Life gets in the way, things happen, no big deal. Upon their return its a new thread that says "Im back" and everybody is so excited to have them back. Then they disappear again for a few weeks. Then start a new thread saying "Im back" and then disappear for a few weeks again. Then a final thread that says "Im back".

Instead of all of that to gain attention, just jump right in. Enjoy the limited time you clearly have and the wonderful company that this place has.

There's a Transformers movie on TNT. Such a bad movie. But I love it

There's a Transformers movie on TNT. Such a bad movie. But I love it

Watched the Transformers Prime Beasthunters movie last night, a good way to tie up the series.

Good to hear Doug. I hope things work out well for you dude!

JM

Has anyone played the Slammer and squire course, at the world golf hall of fame? I'm going there for my tournament tomorrow, and I would like to know how hard it is.

Has anyone played the Slammer and squire course, at the world golf hall of fame? I'm going there for my tournament tomorrow, and I would like to know how hard it is.

Look at the score cards online. Check out the course rating and slope

Have played there a handful of times. It is a nice resort style track that has pretty wide fairways. There is lots of water and can play pretty long depending on what tees you play. What tournament are you playing in? Have fun and let us know how you do.

Just like Troy said, it can play tough. More open and easier than King and Bear. Just hit it long and straight and you'll be fine!! I kid. Good luck. Report back!

I Tapped that with my iPhone using Tapatalk

I swear there are some course reviews of one of those around here

while cleaning out unwanted files, I found this pic from the 18th hole at Astoria Golf & Country Club when I went there for a pro/junior tourney (this is from the practice round the day prior). Favorite course, nice pic.
barracuda092_zpsef398ffc.jpg

I met one of son's friends mother and she has her own clubs! Not to mention she is fun to talk to. Spending time with her and a bit scurred. My son has been my everything and I haven't thought about anything like this in a long time.

Going for a hike at a great park with elevation and next to a private course and to the range and hit balls today after my tires have been rotated and balanced.
That's exciting, good for you.

That's cool man, at some point you do have to think about yourself. There's no rule that says you can't. Enjoy!

It is two weeks before Thanksgiving and people are already putting up their Christmas trees! What in the world is wrong with people...

Just finished watching Discovery's "Challenger Disaster" docudrama. It was really well done. Great watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back