The Official Banter Away Thread

As a provider, we do contract with United, and it has been an issue. Claims arent able to be submitted, claims arent being paid. It's a massive cluster ****.
I don't honestly understand exactly their role in the whole insurance scam, but just not paying people for a month with no end in sight is crazy.

I don't honestly understand exactly their role in the whole insurance scam, but just not paying people for a month with no end in sight is crazy.
All about money.

Change is the largest clearing house for insurance billing and payments, which makes for an easy target. Hackers will either get paid by them to release the attack, or they will sell medical records on the dark web, which go for a pretty high amount (more than SSN's).

Dealt with this December 2022, service we use for electronic medical record keeping was hacked and we were locked out of our electronic medical records for 2 months, had to go back to paper charts and everything.

All about money.

Change is the largest clearing house for insurance billing and payments, which makes for an easy target. Hackers will either get paid by them to release the attack, or they will sell medical records on the dark web, which go for a pretty high amount (more than SSN's).

Dealt with this December 2022, service we use for electronic medical record keeping was hacked and we were locked out of our electronic medical records for 2 months, had to go back to paper charts and everything.
From what I've read, sounds like they already paid.

Ginger Squirrely Dan GIF by Crave

All about money.

:sick: paper charts....

No thank you.

It's 5.18am Tuesday morning here in Sydney and I've been up for about an hour and a half already. :confused:

I miss them.
No way! I mean, maybe you do I don't know.

I can tell you when we moved the nursing home over to fully e-charting, I can't even remember the name PCP? the nurses were so excited. My wife doesn't even like to do downtime charting, electronic is so much easier for her/them. That must have been 9 or so years ago only when a new management company took over. The old owners were set in their ways 100%.

No way! I mean, maybe you do I don't know.

I can tell you when we moved the nursing home over to fully e-charting, I can't even remember the name PCP? the nurses were so excited. My wife doesn't even like to do downtime charting, electronic is so much easier for her/them. That must have been 9 or so years ago only when a new management company took over. The old owners were set in their ways 100%.
PCC, Point Click Care, probably.

And for some things, like dealing with AHCA, paper charts were so much easier. With electronic charts, they have ease of access to dig and dig and dig.

And for some things, like dealing with AHCA, paper charts were so much easier. With electronic charts, they have ease of access to dig and dig and dig.
That makes some good sense. PCC - you're absolutely correct. Now that I work in a different area and I don't support nursing at all I forgot about it.

We use all paper for HR files, I'm not saying it's for the same reason but 🤫 here we are.

That makes some good sense. PCC - you're absolutely correct. Now that I work in a different area and I don't support nursing at all I forgot about it.

We use all paper for HR files, I'm not saying it's for the same reason but 🤫 here we are.
The state has not mandated electronic HR files yet, thankfully, still on paper.

The Mitsubishi Experience is going to be sneaky one of the best events of the entire year at Ballyhack.

My first grown up jobs was doing overnights at a children's mental health group home. One of the main tasks was typing up the charts from the day to distribute to everyone that needed it. I still wonder what the overnight people did all night after switching to electronic.

:sick: paper charts....

No thank you.

I miss them.
One of my jobs in college was working at a medical practice and aside from being in the back scheduling appointments (or throwing names into a bin if the provider didn't like their insurance), and doing the paper charts at the end of the day. For some reason there was no cohesion in how the practice did their charts, so everything was a cluster.

My first grown up jobs was doing overnights at a children's mental health group home. One of the main tasks was typing up the charts from the day to distribute to everyone that needed it. I still wonder what the overnight people did all night after switching to electronic.
Typically...a bunch of nothing.

One of my jobs in college was working at a medical practice and aside from being in the back scheduling appointments (or throwing names into a bin if the provider didn't like their insurance), and doing the paper charts at the end of the day. For some reason there was no cohesion in how the practice did their charts, so everything was a cluster.
Thinking back on it now, they were a pain in the butt.

Typically...a bunch of nothing.
Even when we had to type up the charts, you wouldn't have believed the amount of TW I played on my Xbox! 😂

Years later when I supervised the position, if they would have just stayed awake I would have been happy.

Even when we had to type up the charts, you wouldn't have believed the amount of TW I played on my Xbox! 😂

Years later when I supervised the position, if they would have just stayed awake I would have been happy.
One thing I dont tolerate is sleeping. Play on your phone, use a tablet, but no sleeping.

The joy of being able to pull up the cameras from home, and then call in to a nursing station when someone is sleeping is a lot fun...

One thing I dont tolerate is sleeping. Play on your phone, use a tablet, but no sleeping.

The joy of being able to pull up the cameras from home, and then call in to a nursing station when someone is sleeping is a lot fun...
Yeah, with the population we worked with, sleeping was instant termination, way too much of a liability. Adding cameras sure made things easier when dealing with overnight people.

Back