The Official Banter Away Thread

does the word 'especially' being pronounced 'ekspecially' have something to do a speech disorder, or can I continue to quietly laugh at educated people for saying it?
brefkast?

does the word 'especially' being pronounced 'ekspecially' have something to do a speech disorder, or can I continue to quietly laugh at educated people for saying it?

Thats a really good question. There are a number of them.

Bro don't even get me started..........

UPDATE:

Cookies and cream PopTars -1

Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream - 1

My Willpower - 0

It’s getting ugly over here.
I make absolutely awesome salted caramel sauce, and dark hot fudge sauce that I would offer to send to you, but I think it's more important for you to WIN this battle, so...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Look at my ad today. Darn @JB, I told you that in confidence.....:LOL:

THP.png

I'm with you @JB I'm pretty sure that's just a troll account, not someone actually looking to have good conversation where there happens to be a difference of opinion. Not worth our (community member's) time being angry at or conversing with.

That's been my issue with the guy from the beginning. He's never been here to contribute. Whine and stir Sh!t. That's his entire MO.

You have no idea my love for all things Corgi.
Dude, I've told my wife no more animals a 100 times in the past two years. She walks in with a Corgi puppy and I'm f***ed, because there is no way I'm sending him/her out the door. It's a good thing she never reads this site.

So funny the forecasting that happens. JB post about not knowing the reason why someone needs 3 accounts. A week later, said person finally goes off the handle and gets banned.

At least it wasn't some awkward scenario where that person started fighting with their own accounts. Then again, that might explain the majority of it.

Dude, I've told my wife no more animals a 100 times in the past two years. She walks in with a Corgi puppy and I'm f***ed, because there is no way I'm sending him/her out the door. It's a good thing she never reads this site.
Can anyone really turn down corgi puppies?

So funny the forecasting that happens. JB post about not knowing the reason why someone needs 3 accounts. A week later, said person finally goes off the handle and gets banned.

At least it wasn't some awkward scenario where that person started fighting with their own accounts. Then again, that might explain the majority of it.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
I'm schizophrenic
And so am I
🤷‍♂️

True story. The system told us that two accounts were the same. I dug into it and it said same email, same IP and their posting time was very similar. They said “that is my brother”, but he has to accounts. Nifty Niblick and Retired Boomer. I had no idea the former was involved as well. Looked it up and it too (obviously had the same IP, same email). So I merged the three accounts as the only logical step. Then he went off the rails.

We dont like to ban people here. In fact have fewer than just about anyplace. So he was sent to cool off for a few weeks. It sucks having to do such a thing. I mean this is a golf message board. But seriously insulting GolferGal for asking to stop talking about politics seems rather odd.

1st 15 minute of tiger king and wife says "this can't be real right? This is a parody?"

Then it gets all deep and emotional...

Ooo but I get to catch up on the ThP drama right now .. ban hammers??? So innn!!!

Especially not my wife.
Especially not after a couple of days ago finding out they had 3 accounts with the same email address and IP address.
Yes Retired Boomer, Nifty Niblick and some other name were/are the same person and I have no issue outing someone after sending that type of message to my wife and accusing us of putting up political ads.
I saw that his post count went up exponentially (merging of accounts) and I deduced he was the one you had discovered. Not sure what some people’s motives are. Very odd.

Last edited:
True story. The system told us that two accounts were the same. I dug into it and it said same email, same IP and their posting time was very similar. They said “that is my brother”, but he has to accounts. Nifty Niblick and Retired Boomer. I had no idea the former was involved as well. Looked it up and it too (obviously had the same IP, same email). So I merged the three accounts as the only logical step. Then he went off the rails.

We dont like to ban people here. In fact have fewer than just about anyplace. So he was sent to cool off for a few weeks. It sucks having to do such a thing. I mean this is a golf message board. But seriously insulting GolferGal for asking to stop talking about politics seems rather odd.
I was for saying bye bye when he made the ignorant comments about the fly over states a couple of months ago. But, I am know as a @ss! 🙃

Especially not my wife.
Especially not after a couple of days ago finding out they had 3 accounts with the same email address and IP address.
Yes Retired Boomer, Nifty Niblick and some other name were/are the same person and I have no issue outing someone after sending that type of message to my wife and accusing us of putting up political ads.
That's not what this community is about.. We're better off without them if they think it's okay to treat others like that.. Just sad

Starting to do a little forum catching up. Still in Colorado but fewer time constraints. Mom is strong and will be OK. One of the billion bike paths is right behind her house. Enjoying seeing all the active people and families here in Boulder. Always active here but noticeably different from the normal. And then places like Pearl Street are actually peaceful. We’re getting out on nice walks and hikes. Grabbed amazing New Mexican food pick up from Santo for dinner. They even had to go margaritas that took the edge off the captive ladies in the house. 👍

Back