The Official Banter Away Thread

So true. I am just glad we finally made it to April, March lasted for 500 days.
This is the fact! I thought January was bad, it only lasted 300 days!

CNBC said this was going to be the case this morning. Due to NY not being able to keep up was their reasoning.
im watching cnbc. they looked into the state specific numbers....NY was waaaayyyyy behind and didnt see a massive jump. 80k or something as opposed to Cali that had 800k. NYs numbers are not really showing in these an will add "a few million" soon

I told my wife yesterday, anyone that used to complain about their work/job who is still getting paid from home should thank their company and appreciate what they have now.
So true. I have an employee that asked for a small raise a month before this happened, and I told him I would try to get it approved. Spoke with him yesterday and let him know that it was in the works, but this hit. Told me to forget all about it, he was just happy to continue getting paid and having a job (we are still open, just working remotely). Really crazy times.

I told my wife yesterday, anyone that used to complain about their work/job who is still getting paid from home should thank their company and appreciate what they have now.

It's so true.

On a lighter note, this is the only time I will ever be able to say that I make more than my wife. It's been a bit of a joke around the house the past two weeks.

I somehow missed this, absolutely gorgeous my friend!

Thanks brother, I will post a pic when I get it up. It turned out awesome!

Stories from isolation. I have claimed the lower level of our house. It is my man cave. Today Julie notified me that she planned to hold a video conference meeting from the family room (lower level). I asked if me chipping through would be a problem. Answer was yes. And so it begins, the erosion of my man cave space. Sigh.

Down to 2 rolls of TP with none in sight. Debating on whether or not to attempt a store run at 9 am when they open
If you get desperate cap I'll put a couple rolls in the mail for you

THP TP Exchange ;)

Well if thats the case I'm not going. No way I'm waiting in line to buy TP haha
I was walking into the Walmart yesterday just to grab a couple essentials and saw a guy walking out with TP. I asked and he said they were just opening a new pallet. I went there first and grabbed a pack and the rest of the pallet was gone within 20 minutes. I was in the right place at the right time.

I forgot we have a time difference, it's 8:30 here. You just need to be there 30 minutes before they open. If not, then ask yourself how many towels do you own, and how much laundry detergent do you have? ;)
...or start practicing dragging your butt on the carpet like a dog. :ROFLMAO:

I forgot we have a time difference, it's 8:30 here. You just need to be there 30 minutes before they open. If not, then ask yourself how many towels do you own, and how much laundry detergent do you have? ;)
...or start practicing dragging your butt on the carpet like a dog. :ROFLMAO:
I was walking into the Walmart yesterday just to grab a couple essentials and saw a guy walking out with TP. I asked and he said they were just opening a new pallet. I went there first and grabbed a pack and the rest of the pallet was gone within 20 minutes. I was in the right place at the right time.
We went into Walmart last week to stock up. We got there right when they opened at 7:00 and there were already people walking out with TP. Headed straight to that aisle, it was the most crowded aisle in the store and their stock was already over half gone. I'm sure they were completely sold out before 9:00. I also managed to find one bottle of hand sanitizer that the hoarders missed, tucked way back on the back of a lower shelf out of view.

Can someone explain this to me?! I ordered a pair of Footjoy rain paints from the U.K. (not available over here it seems). From London, they arrived into Long Beach. Rather than fly or drive em 500 odd miles up the coast to Monterey, they were flown to Pennsylvania. From there, they went to Illinois. Then Denver. I wonder if my pants are doing a tour of every state in the country before they arrive to me. Hey, I guess the more people that get to touch the package, the better my chances of it being riddled with little coronaviruses when it arrives!

Anybody see the moon tonight?

55A68034-DD9E-4385-B702-9904F9016FCE.jpeg

My house is quiet, which is rare during the day.

I feel like that's confirmation enough.

The only trigger I have for time right now is when my dog starts following me around the house. I know it’s afternoon and he wants his 4 mile hike outside.

If I eat half a donut, every time I enter the kitchen throughout the day, it's still only 1/2 a donut, even if I do it 6 times. Right?

If I eat half a donut, every time I enter the kitchen throughout the day, it's still only 1/2 a donut, even if I do it 6 times. Right?

Obviously.

im watching cnbc. they looked into the state specific numbers....NY was waaaayyyyy behind and didnt see a massive jump. 80k or something as opposed to Cali that had 800k. NYs numbers are not really showing in these an will add "a few million" soon

This is 100% true. My wife got furlowed from her position in a non-profit role in the religion-based sector. She's been trying to call into the unemployment office pretty much each day they ahve been open for the last 2 weeks. Multiple hour waits and still has not been able to get through. If the numbers reported are low, it's not because that people are not trying, it's that people can't get it filed.

I don’t even know what day it is anymore.

Back