The Official NFL 2010 Thread [Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dallas will be fine. Preseason is overated. It means nothing. Most starters are back, added Dez Bryant and Roy Williams is now fighting for a job which makes him better. MB, a bigger Felix Jones and jack of all trades Tashard Choice + Jason Witten! If the O line can Just gel it's gonne be sweet. Plus, beware of -D-Ware.

Dallas will be fine. Preseason is overated. It means nothing. Most starters are back, added Dez Bryant and Roy Williams is now fighting for a job which makes him better. MB, a bigger Felix Jones and jack of all trades Tashard Choice + Jason Witten! If the O line can Just gel it's gonne be sweet. Plus, beware of -D-Ware.

If that was the case, wouldnt they have been better last year?

Seahawks are looking good on offense. I really hope they turn it around this year.

You can get a decent gauge from these preseason games about where you team is at. The first game is tough because usually teams are shaking the rust off but it can provide some insight. Nothing to get worried about but it definitely can cause some concern. I for one am concerned about the both the Bears offensive and defensive lines. THere was pressure from our dline on the first series but not much after. Matthews is going to be a good back. I can see why SD made the move to get him.

You can get a decent gauge from these preseason games about where you team is at. The first game is tough because usually teams are shaking the rust off but it can provide some insight. Nothing to get worried about but it definitely can cause some concern. I for one am concerned about the both the Bears offensive and defensive lines. THere was pressure from our dline on the first series but not much after. Matthews is going to be a good back. I can see why SD made the move to get him.

Matthews is really good. Their rookie tackle is amazing too. Barely ever lost in an oklahoma drill if ever when I watched them practice last week.

If that was the case, wouldnt they have been better last year?

I guess it depends on your point of view. I think they had a good season last year. Won their first playoff game in forever. They also had several injuries down the stretch that really hurt them. But they had a good season. Did they live up to expectations? No. But expectations are always too high in Dallas.

I guess it depends on your point of view. I think they had a good season last year. Won their first playoff game in forever. They also had several injuries down the stretch that really hurt them. But they had a good season. Did they live up to expectations? No. But expectations are always too high in Dallas.

Agreed. Cowboy fans are elated, realists realize that they are just not as good as people make them out to be. HA.

Agreed. Cowboy fans are elated, realists realize that they are just not as good as people make them out to be. HA.

Wow, Eli manning ran into his own guy almost lost his helmet then gets hit in the back, loses his helmet then while going forward hits his head on someone else facemask causing a lot of blood to gush out ending his night in the game. He looks to be fine, got up and was walking off the field just had a cut/gash (not sure which) on his head that caused a lot of blood to come out. Kinda scary for a minute there..

Cowboys or Eagles will take the NFC east, giants and redskins still have their troubles.

Old man Favre looks like he has returned! Im glad to see him come back, I think he still has another season in him, we shall see.

man this divas act has gotten sooooooooo old

Old man Favre looks like he has returned! Im glad to see him come back, I think he still has another season in him, we shall see.

I don't get too worried or excited about any preseason game except the 3rd, but even then taken with a big grain of salt.

I remember in 1999 the Jaguars were like 0-4 in the preseason, hardly scored any touchdowns with the first team, and could barely do squat. How could a Mark Brunnel, Jimmy Smith, Kenan McCardell, and Fred Taylor offense not be scoring!? The sky was falling. We then, of course, went 14-2, set all sorts of franchise records on offense and defense, and choked away the 2nd half of the AFC Championship game. That's how important the preseason is.

I can't remember the last time the Colts had a winning preseason record but that's never mattered. People get too worked up about it. It's football to watch after a long hiatus and that's about it.

Im still not sure what Brett Favre did this year that people were upset about.

He said if he was healthy he was coming back. He was unsure, but did not make a single statement anywhere.

We want to blame him for the non-stop coverage, but in reality, he has NOTHING to do with it. Sure last year there was the on again off again thing, but again, it was almost 100% on the media.

If the media would not constantly "report" on this garbage, it would be no big deal.

I dont see where he held a 1 hour special to announce anything. Heck, he has still not given a statement really. Its just the media trying to draw ratings by bringing the same story over and over.

i never watch preseason football. it's boring, and i can't stand watching guys get hurt for the year b/c of it. as a panthers fan it wasn't a whole heap of fun watching tyler brayton get 2 sacks in the first quarter, then get carried of the field a couple of plays later. our d-line is sketchy in the first place, and who knows how this injury may impact him for the first few weeks of the season.

Im still not sure what Brett Favre did this year that people were upset about.

He said if he was healthy he was coming back. He was unsure, but did not make a single statement anywhere.

We want to blame him for the non-stop coverage, but in reality, he has NOTHING to do with it. Sure last year there was the on again off again thing, but again, it was almost 100% on the media.

If the media would not constantly "report" on this garbage, it would be no big deal.

I dont see where he held a 1 hour special to announce anything. Heck, he has still not given a statement really. Its just the media trying to draw ratings by bringing the same story over and over.

If you were watching NFL Live yesterday when this favre event was going on, I agree with everything teddy bruschi said. If the vikings really have to beg and plead with brett then they really have a weakness mentally. Brad Childress needs to step up to brett next off season and just give him an ultimatum.

How in the world is sending 3 teammates to go talk to a Future Hall Of Fame QB to get him to come back or see what he is going to do make them weak mentally?

I think some of the sports media has taken a TMZ approach. I love watching Farve play. If he's healthy, any smart coach, would want him on the field. The man wins games.

If you were watching NFL Live yesterday when this favre event was going on, I agree with everything teddy bruschi said. If the vikings really have to beg and plead with brett then they really have a weakness mentally. Brad Childress needs to step up to brett next off season and just give him an ultimatum.

But the only people saying that once again are the media. A couple of players flew down to speak with him. Nobody knows what they said. Nobody knows what the conversation was like. All we know is that he has said all along that if he was healthy he would play. And apparently he is healthy and will play.

The media is the driving force.

Favre never said anything, did he? Agree with JB on this one.

Oh, and woohoo! I love watching #4 throw the ball around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back