The Official Patrick Reed Thread

You wouldnt consider Jimmy Walker a great golfer? That is surprising.
To me that is like saying Lydia Ko is better than Annika, because she has a ton of promise.

Spieth most likely has a great future, but right now, he has won a single tournament. Some would say played terribly in his Sunday major bright spot. And his single win was not exactly a star studded field. We are still waiting for Rickie Fowler to get another win and meanwhile this kid has close to a handful. Jason Day has 2. Think about all of these young "stars" and how Reed has outplayed all of them in spots and has more wins than all of them.

Hard to say that about a kid with a single win and been on tour for about the same amount of time.

in an earlier post i gave credit to what reed has done, he has talent and has proven he can win more than the other guys. some people get their wins in small bunches then go through long stretches w/o them. You are correct that Spieth didn't play well in his chance at a major and while he didn't win he has had the most top 10s of any rookie and has played relatively consistent. While not a PGA tour event and not a top field he did win late last year in Australia.

IMO great gets thrown around alot and 1,2,3,4 wins on the tour doesn't make someone great. Again not knocking what Reed has done to this point, just in the long run i feel Spieth will have a better career.

Reed was expelled from UGA and ended up at Augusta State. Never heard exactly what happened there, but people do dumb things sometimes.

Reed was expelled from UGA and ended up at Augusta State. Never heard exactly what happened there, but people do dumb things sometimes.

I'm torn between posting:

1) Coach Mark Richt has lost control of the golf team; and

2) I'm shocked Reed didn't end up at Auburn or Louisville.

I'll go with the first one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought about making a football comparison, but we probably do expect more out of golfers. I mean an extra-marital affair changes an industry, where it takes felonies to move the needle in CFB or NFL.

I thought about making a football comparison, but we probably do expect more out of golfers. I mean an extra-marital affair changes an industry, where it takes felonies to move the needle in CFB or NFL.

I heard it was just grades.

Edit to add: I seem to recall from an interview on the Matt Adams show on PGA Tour radio done the year Patrick made all those Monday qualifiers that he loved UGA but the atmosphere was too big for him hence he transferred to Augusta State.

Last edited:
I heard it was just grades.

Edit to add: I seem to recall from an interview on the Matt Adams show on PGA Tour radio done the year Patrick made all those Monday qualifiers that he loved UGA but the atmosphere was too big for him hence he transferred to Augusta State.
Yep and tiger and his wife split because of personal differences.

Yep and tiger and his wife split because of personal differences.
Just what I hear from the regional head pro for my golf club who is a UGA Golf Team alum. He played on the team 20 years before Reed but is close to the program.

You forgot the Richt recruited him to be a range attendant and he decided to transfer so he could win a National Champion as an A player

I'm a Patrick Reed fan because of how he played in the Ryder Cup. I rooted against him until that event.

He's a professional athlete who allegedly made some poor choices in college. Headline material? Not for me.

Having met him in Orlando a while back, put me in the not a fan category. Guy was a complete jerk and had no interest in talking to folks unlike some of the other guys he was there with.

As an "up and comer" he could have been at least cordial to people who were there to shake his hand.

Hope he grows up

Having met him in Orlando a while back, put me in the not a fan category. Guy was a complete jerk and had no interest in talking to folks unlike some of the other guys he was there with.

As an "up and comer" he could have been at least cordial to people who were there to shake his hand.

Hope he grows up
That's not good if he's trying to gain popularity.

Some of these younger golfers could learn a ton from the Arnie model!!!

I'm a Patrick Reed fan because of how he played in the Ryder Cup. I rooted against him until that event.

He's a professional athlete who allegedly made some poor choices in college. Headline material? Not for me.
I don't think it's about mistakes he made, it's about being a Jerk, and all indications point towards him still being one.

That's not good if he's trying to gain popularity.

Some of these younger golfers could learn a ton from the Arnie model!!!
Arnie is a class act for sure

Like the competitiveness in this guy.

He needs to remember why he's playing for so much money.....the fans! Time to mature and grow up!

Hope he grows up

Sad to hear this. I love Callaway and who they pay is important to me. I have had my own thoughts on him, but having never met him in person, I try not to judge, but he does seem a little self serving. Great talent for sure, but there are many on tour with great talent that are total ass clowns............

Interesting piece. I doubt that I'll read the book. But, it will be interesting where this eventually leads.

I just read this article myself and it is interesting. It sounds though that a lot of what is being said is not something everyone here already didn't know about him. I will say the cheating accusations are something of a surprise to me. I'd like to know what he did specifically though.

Wrong. We are not in a legal setting. The court of public opinion is guilty until proven innocent.

This is %100 accurate.

Love to see Patrick standing up for himself and calling that dude to task for his statements. I expect to see a retraction very soon.

The Official Patrick Reed Thread

So did anyone catch Reed on Morning Drive address the accusations in said book? What is your take on it?

Me personally I find it weird that he waited so long to address it. The author has since tweeted that he standing by his story 100%. Reed also said that all cards are on the table as far as dealing with the author and the publisher.

I didn't see it yet.

He's a tool to me whether proven guilty or innocent doesn't matter to me either way.

Back