The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today is the day my department is officially notified that we are dissolving and being scattered across the company. I have to let 20 team members know they will be working for and reporting up through different people starting next week. Should go over smoothly...

That is a tough one Troy.

Today is the day my department is officially notified that we are dissolving and being scattered across the company. I have to let 20 team members know they will be working for and reporting up through different people starting next week. Should go over smoothly...
Is it going to be one of those deals where there's a zillion and one questions at the end? Yeah, sounds fun. Good thing you can immediately remember we're a month from HHI.

Is it going to be one of those deals where there's a zillion and one questions at the end? Yeah, sounds fun. Good thing you can immediately remember we're a month from HHI.

A few of us have been "in the know" for a while but w/o specifics. I have questions geared to help my team that has worked for me and will be moving on. I want them to be comfortable with the switch. Most will be blindsided. The exec team will ask if there are any questions but I don't think many will speak up.

I just got back home from the gym. My doc took me off leg presses and any type of exercise that presses down on the knees. I saw him two weeks ago and he drained fluid off my knee and gave me a shot that included an antibiotic and pain med. I see him again tomorrow for a followup and game plan. My gym time consists of riding the bike and elliptical machine plus working on my upper body. I'm trying to gain some strength back as recently I discovered I have hypothyroidism. It drains the hell out of ya and makes you feel like a show nuff old man. :beat-up: Dayuuuumm getting old is not for the weak.

Just wait until you start stepping off curbs post surgery. You talking about a sob, get ready for a pissed off one. haha they will teach you how to do the stairs, curbs, and stuff but it's still quite the challenge and since you are having both knees done, you will be an old pro in no time at all. :act-up:

OG,

Quick question for ya. You can PM me if you want as well.

How'd you figure out the hypothyroidism? I mean, were you having a bunch of symptoms or did they stumble across it during some blood work?

I'm pretty sure I'm fighting hyperthyroidism and have been for a long time but never been diagnosed. With no health care and no money, it's tough to swallow how much out of pocket I'll have to pay.

Alarm systems... If you're selling your house, don't you think you should let your listing agent know the code so they can put it in their showing instructions?

I own a rental house that has been vacant for over a month now. There have been people calling asking to move it but the property management company has not finished getting the house ready for new renters! They are costing me $800 a month in mortgage payments that I am not getting rental proceedes to cover. I can't get out there to take care of it myself because I am on the other coast, but they said that it will be ready come Friday.

There rant over, thanks for listening...

Small rant

Just found out that my bonus check which is typically 95%100% of goal, that I was told due to lack of sales this quarter would be 75% of goal may now be a big fat $0.

I see the mismanagement of funds on a daily basis and now its impacting my pocketbook, 441 not happy

that money was earmarked for something specific and this may throw a monkey wrench in that

That is not a small rant. Sorry. Hopefully this turns out better than you fear.

That is not a small rant. Sorry. Hopefully this turns out better than you fear.

Yeah I mean its not big time money but when ur told one thing and then another occurs I get mad. And then to see how sales/management handled things at the end of April for our quarter end to pad up their big lucrative bonuses which directly impacted this quarter just gets me going even more.

Yeah I mean its not big time money but when ur told one thing and then another occurs I get mad. And then to see how sales/management handled things at the end of April for our quarter end to pad up their big lucrative bonuses which directly impacted this quarter just gets me going even more.

Wasn't there a movie about this?

Geez dude, I hope you don't get a jelly of the month membership.

Seriously, that blows. We get our in December and it's spoken for, too.

I feel worse for my employees as this was the 1st quarter that their bonus plan was in place and now to get shutout would suck for them

Let's meet half way and kidnap 441's boss. We can go straight Christmas Vacation on them!

Small rant

Just found out that my bonus check which is typically 95%100% of goal, that I was told due to lack of sales this quarter would be 75% of goal may now be a big fat $0.

I see the mismanagement of funds on a daily basis and now its impacting my pocketbook, 441 not happy

that money was earmarked for something specific and this may throw a monkey wrench in that

I have been in Sales and I've been in Operations.

I hated it when my bonus was tied to what another department did. I could have hit 110% of my sales goal, but if the front desk. Was not on the ball and our customer satisfaction number didn't hit a minimum gateway, we would get zilch, and vice Versa.

The Official Rant of the Day

My rant. We just found out yesterday we will have to provide a daily report for 15 properties each day. This is in addition to having anywhere from 3 to 4 daily consultations.

This daily report is a service we don't usually do on a regular basis. And I do know when I send/review one currently off schedule it takes a good 20 minutes or so.

The VP that made this decision says it will only take 5 minutes per property for the daily report.

When was the last time he/she ever prepared one of these....that would be never!!!

Last edited:
My minor rant - unethical requests from clients. No, I'm not going to back date your request by a month, especially when two other departments have seen our emails back and forth. And no, vague threats aren't going to work either.

Seriously considering quitting my new job. The money is great, but the training/support is terrible. Stress is through the roof, and things change here so quickly that all the work I do today could very well need to be undone tomorrow.

Not enjoying myself at all. I might just be stuck in a pity party, but I am really not happy.

Seriously considering quitting my new job. The money is great, but the training/support is terrible. Stress is through the roof, and things change here so quickly that all the work I do today could very well need to be undone tomorrow.

Not enjoying myself at all. I might just be stuck in a pity party, but I am really not happy.

Wait a minute. Is this the same job you started in March about the time I did. And you loved it right away saying you were killing it.

Man I hate that it has changed that much. Mine is still great overall, even with my above rant.

Money definitely can't always buy happiness, some things are as important if not more.

Good luck and keep us posted.

2 items:

1) guy in the pro shop has to be corrected by me on what the current rate is. Really?

2) guys in front of you that see you are playing fast but still read each other's putts then make loud groans heard 2 fairways away when you miss a 4 foot putt...

People who are too wide to fit in their seat on an airplane. They should be forced to buy two seats.

People who are too wide to fit in their seat on an airplane. They should be forced to buy two seats.

So if they really are too wide, how do they fit in one seat? :bulgy-eyes: Heck I only weigh 215 lbs and those airplane seats are too small for me. Makes me feel like a sardine and the leg space really sucks. I couldn't imagine someone sitting in one at 300 plus pounds. Maybe the really large people would be more comfortable flying first class but then again, you got a much larger cost factor. I suppose it would be a bit cheaper than buying two regular priced seats? :confused2:

So if they really are too wide, how do they fit in one seat? :bulgy-eyes: Heck I only weigh 215 lbs and those airplane seats are too small for me. Makes me feel like a sardine and the leg space really sucks. I couldn't imagine someone sitting in one at 300 plus pounds. Maybe the really large people would be more comfortable flying first class but then again, you got a much larger cost factor. I suppose it would be a bit cheaper than buying two regular priced seats? :confused2:
I call it "overflow". And the seats haven't gotten any narrower over the years (the planes are still the same width and the isles aren't any wider), humans have just gotten wider.

I'm tired of being elbowed, squished, and proded by someone too wide for their seat.

I call it "overflow". And the seats haven't gotten any narrower over the years (the planes are still the same width and the isles aren't any wider), humans have just gotten wider.

I'm tired of being elbowed, squished, and proded by someone too wide for their seat.

I'm just glad I don't fly much any more. I can see this would be a huge (no pun here) problem :alien:

I'm just glad I don't fly much any more. I can see this would be a huge (no pun here) problem :alien:
Lucky dog. I fly a ton but sometimes I don't get bumped up to first (I refuse to spend my money or client money on first class unless I'm going intercontinental). And when I don't I always seem to sit next to an obese person with a little kid behind me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back