The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ouch. Very ouch. I'm sure Texas wasps are mean SOBs

If nothing else, I hear they are huge in Texas.

Sorry to hear, cookie, I hate anything with a stinger.

Maybe that's why I am not an Eldrick fan? hehe

Unless my instructor has it in his building, it has up and vanished like a fart in the wind.

I've ready got a replacement on order.

Props for shawshank reference good sir .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey it's going to rain again tonight .......

So the irons I bought a couple days ago are "guaranteed by 12pm" tomorrow... and I have a round at 10:21am. Then work all day Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.

:banghead:

The Official Rant of the Day

American Airlines forgot to forward my clubs along to Portland on the last leg of my trip. Clubs are sitting in Salt Lake City. They tracked them down so it should work out just fine, but it's a little aggravating.

American Airlines forgot to forward my clubs along to Portland on the last leg of my trip. Clubs are sitting in Salt Lake City. They tracked them down so it should work out just fine, but it's a little aggravating.

Sorry to hear that Frank, glad it can be resolved quickly

Pure karma. I lost my 6i. I have no idea where it is. None. Not a clue. Good thing I can order individual clubs from Callaway, but dammit!

Good argument for the 14 slot bag.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

I haven't used it in 2 weeks. I was playing a par 5 today, 285 out, "I'll just lay up to 90 yards. Let me just grab my.....SONUFA!!"

3,7,14 or 17? I despise all but the silo hole.

3,7,14 or 17? I despise all but the silo hole.

Silo. I only played 9 yesterday. I played from the way backs.

Having to wake up early in the morning to mow the lawn sucks exponentially worse than waking up early in the morning to make it to a tee time....

Less is more with perfume. The woman in the cubicle next to me does not subscribe to the same theory! It smells like someone bought a can of floral bathroom spray and released the entire thing in our small office... I've had to get up and walk out of the room twice because my eyes are watering, this is awful!

Silo. I only played 9 yesterday. I played from the way backs.

I need to try the way backs just once. Help utilize some different clubs in the bag. Haven't been out in a few weeks is the fescue growing out?

Less is more with perfume. The woman in the cubicle next to me does not subscribe to the same theory! It smells like someone bought a can of floral bathroom spray and released the entire thing in our small office... I've had to get up and walk out of the room twice because my eyes are watering, this is awful!

Maybe she is covering up a worse smell?

The hiring process at my agency is nuts. I'm trying to hire someone but was told I couldn't tailor my job announcement to my particular lab because HR was swamped and they needed to move these quick. I was told I needed to use a standard position description. My lab relies predominantly on a particular set of tools, supported by almost a quarter of a million dollars of equipment to perform those experiments. I've now been told that during the interview process I cannot refer to that machinery or ask if they have a skill set to use those machines because it would be unfair to the applicants who applied who don't have that skill set. Ummm, if they had let me tailor the job announcement none of this would have been a problem ... instead I may be forced to hire someone who can't do what I need done? What am I suppose to do? Tailor my career around what makes them comfortable? Stupidity. Pure stupidity.

It's not just women. These people need to learn that a shower works much better.

The hiring process at my agency is nuts.
Is there any way to get them in your lab, like on a walk-thru, or even a little tour, before the official interview?
I've seen this done (YMMV):
Greet them and just build a rapport with them off the top. Ask general questions and see if they'd like to see the lab (if it's allowed). Or, just kind of walk through it on the way to the conference room, or whatever. Don't even ask any questions, just kind of walk through and see their reactions to the equipment. If it's something they know, they'll definitely point out they know how to use it, etc. They might say, 'hey that's a Confabulator 3000', and bingo, you didn't even have to ask them a question. If they look bewildered and nervous, well, you got that information for free, too.
Also, find a question in the interview where you can tell a story, like maybe the 'what kind of situations did you have to overcome in your last position?' and just tell a random story about the most expensive piece of equipment (using the model name, or whatever). Watch their face, see if they relate to the story.

Other than that, your HR is dumb.

Is there any way to get them in your lab, like on a walk-thru, or even a little tour, before the official interview?
Greet them and just build a rapport with them off the top. Ask general questions and see if they'd like to see the lab (if it's allowed). Or, just kind of walk through it on the way to the conference room, or whatever. Don't even ask any questions, just kind of walk through and see their reactions to the equipment. If it's something they know, they'll definitely point out they know how to use it, etc. They might say, 'hey that's a Confabulator 3000', and bingo, you didn't even have to ask them a question. If they look bewildered and nervous, well, you got that information for free, too.
Also, find a question in the interview where you can tell a story, like maybe the 'what kind of situations did you have to overcome in your last position?' and just tell a random story about the most expensive piece of equipment (using the model name, or whatever). Watch their face, see if they relate to the story.

Confabulator 3000's are so out of date.

The hiring process at my agency is nuts. I'm trying to hire someone but was told I couldn't tailor my job announcement to my particular lab because HR was swamped and they needed to move these quick. I was told I needed to use a standard position description. My lab relies predominantly on a particular set of tools, supported by almost a quarter of a million dollars of equipment to perform those experiments. I've now been told that during the interview process I cannot refer to that machinery or ask if they have a skill set to use those machines because it would be unfair to the applicants who applied who don't have that skill set. Ummm, if they had let me tailor the job announcement none of this would have been a problem ... instead I may be forced to hire someone who can't do what I need done? What am I suppose to do? Tailor my career around what makes them comfortable? Stupidity. Pure stupidity.

So they'd rather risk a large amount of money if the equipment is damaged or broken? Sounds goofy to not allowed you to tailed the job description or questions during the interview.

Confabulator 3000's are so out of date.

Totally. Those were so 1990's.

I wish, but there isn't money to fly everyone in ... so phone interviews for everyone. Because to interview the locals in person, and only save phone interviews for the long distance candidates isn't fair.

So they'd rather risk a large amount of money if the equipment is damaged or broken? Sounds goofy to not allowed you to tailed the job description or questions during the interview.
Yes, they would rather risk it. They're HR ... they're only concerned that I do things by their quota and by their book and don't wind up causing them any lawsuits during the hiring process (usually from people not getting selected). Plus none of them really know what I do ... they look for keywords and that forms their opinion as to whether someone is qualified or not. So if I have "Experience with Thingamabibies" and a candidate writes "Experience with Thingamabibites" they wouldn't get the job ... even if its two different spellings of the same Thingamabob.

I strongly dislike spring clamps. Also vacuum hoses that are impossible to remove and re attach

This is less of a rant and more to let off some steam.... I received a phone call earlier today that a childhood friend is gone. The streets took another one and this time I can't help but take a little blame. Don't get me wrong, he was no saint, but man I feel like I let him and his family down. We ran hard and when I went one way I tried to take him with me, but he had too much of the street in him. As I moved through college and my professional career we talked less and less. We operated in two different worlds & the life I built with was a complete 180 from his.

I wish I would have tried harder or done something different hoping it would have made a difference. I'm just trying to gather the words to say I'm sorry to his parents bc they treated me like a son.

I wish I would have tried harder or done something different hoping it would have made a difference. I'm just trying to gather the words to say I'm sorry to his parents bc they treated me like a son.
Sounds familiar. Dude I ran with in high school has been in/out of both rehab and jail more than a few times. Sporadic work here and there. It's odd, you know, when you're young you're pretty much the exact same.
It all comes down to choices made and opportunities taken.

Between the confederate flag battle going on and the Supreme Court ruling on gay marriages facebook has been a disaster zone recently. Some of the things posted are so stupid it makes my head hurt to read them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back