The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seems like catching a break is impossibly lately. It's one thing after another

I think you've been pretty fortunate lately.

No?

Hope there's a quick Cure for your summertime blues...

Drivers , putters, irons.

I hear yah dude

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol that's a good point. Now if only these surprise expenses that pop up could be paid with old irons I would be in good shape

The good news, I brought my wife home from the hospital today! Yea... The bad news? Someone took her Kindle Fire from her bed in the hospital last night while she was sleeping! !!!! Grrrrrr . The hospital was VERY 'meh' about it. Admittedly, she should NOT have taken it to the hospital in the first place. Still, not happy about the response I received, and lack of concern. I had to insist a report be written that I can give to my insurance company. I think that my deductible will be more than the cost of another Kindle Fire. I probably won't file a claim.

I tried to squeeze into the last parking spot in my work parking garage and ended up rubbing my fender against a wall. I get to go to the body shop tomorrow morning to see how much this stupid human trick is going to cost me.

I tried to squeeze into the last parking spot in my work parking garage and ended up rubbing my fender against a wall. I get to go to the body shop tomorrow morning to see how much this stupid human trick is going to cost me.

Oh, that sucks. Sorry Frank.

Hate to hear this Frank. Sounds like you need a chauffeur. I know a good one. He just might be a little expensive.

Ugh. Hate to hear that.

My parking deck is the same. I drive like an old lady around there out of fear.

Speaking of parking decks, when I was working in New Orleans a couple weeks back, a guy was pulling into his spot on about the 4th floor of a parking deck near our hotel, he had a heart attach, hit the gas, and went through the glass in front of the car and down onto the street... Killed him. Crazy. We were getting in a taxi when it happened.

My rant......

If you're over the age of, lets say 3, you know the proper bathroom etiquette. Do your business, WASH YOUR HANDS, leave. I work in an office with the youngest person being 24, and still we have people that go in, do their business and leave. Just so you know, your shoes don't lie and people know who you are. My favorite is the person that runs the water like they are washing their hands, and then doesn't dry them. The door handle isn't wet, so either you didn't really wash your hands, or you're a magician and can open the door without touching the handle. You touch other things in the office that others have to touch and we don't want your nastiness all over them.

I totally understand if you're hunting, fishing, golfing and you duck into the woods/bushes to do your business, not washing your hands. But there is a modern convenience of indoor plumbing in the office. It's not that hard.

:angry::banghead::angry:

My rant......

If you're over the age of, lets say 3, you know the proper bathroom etiquette. Do your business, WASH YOUR HANDS, leave. I work in an office with the youngest person being 24, and still we have people that go in, do their business and leave. Just so you know, your shoes don't lie and people know who you are. My favorite is the person that runs the water like they are washing their hands, and then doesn't dry them. The door handle isn't wet, so either you didn't really wash your hands, or you're a magician and can open the door without touching the handle. You touch other things in the office that others have to touch and we don't want your nastiness all over them.

I totally understand if you're hunting, fishing, golfing and you duck into the woods/bushes to do your business, not washing your hands. But there is a modern convenience of indoor plumbing in the office. It's not that hard.

:angry::banghead::angry:
Have a guy in the office next door that does all the above you mentioned in addition to not flushing and pissing in the toilets with the seat down. He's about to bring on the soap in the sock meeting with many in our building.

You all work with some disgusting human beings.

My rant is that my co-workers are happy to get by with doing the bare-minimum.

Have a guy in the office next door that does all the above you mentioned in addition to not flushing and pissing in the toilets with the seat down. He's about to bring on the soap in the sock meeting with many in our building.

We don't have that, but I wouldn't put it past a few I work with.

You all work with some disgusting human beings.

My rant is that my co-workers are happy to get by with doing the bare-minimum.

That we do.

I use to laugh when I'd see the signs in restaurants and places that said "Employees must wash hands before returning to work". Never really thought you'd have to be reminded. Man was I wrong. I mentioned it to the guy that does all the ordering and he laughed and said he might need to get some of those placards for the bathrooms.

This
08b6922ab3f9330e769a0a93d7208a94.jpg

Will cost $1240 to repair. I'm in the wrong business. Time to call the insurance company and start a claim.

This
08b6922ab3f9330e769a0a93d7208a94.jpg

Will cost $1240 to repair. I'm in the wrong business. Time to call the insurance company and start a claim.

Dude look up a dent removal guy, he probably does paint as well or has a guy that does touch up on used cars at the dealers and can do it cheaper especially for cash on the side

My rant is being back around family. Guess I miss my Army days a bit, as time off was spent the way I wanted to spend it. Every day, without fail, somebody from my family is asking me to do something for them that they could take care of for themselves. I'm being taken advantage of in a big way, and it irking me. I can't even get my own stuff taken care of for all of the crap I'm doing for everybody else. The icing on the cake is that if I ever give them anything but an enthusiastic "Yes, I'll do it", with a big smile on my face, they start telling me how selfish I am and that they never ask me for anything. They must have already forgotten about the other stuff I've done, pretty much every day for the past two months straight.

Dude that sucks, I'd loose iron someone

Maybe 20 years ago, I worked with a guy who was exactly like that. No idea why, I'm guessing his parents/wife followed him around flushing for him.
One day, I walked into a stall, and sure enough. A souvenir. I lost it.

Stormed into the common work room (telecom company, we were install techs). Went over to him, and grabbed him by the earlobe. Dragged him into the bathroom and loudly wondered what he could be thinking and what issues he might have until he flushed it. Today, I'd be fired. Then, I got some looks and some laughs. MAN I was pi**ed.

The smell of rotting potatoes that have been in a refer truck that doesn't work is awful. I'm not sure how the dudes emptying haven't puked yet.

I feel bad that I'm sitting far away and supervising them but not bad enough to help

Just got my 2 dozen TP3 golf balls from Lostgolfballs.com and these things look ridiculous. About a third of the balls are more brown than they are white, close to half of them have 3 or 4 different spots where there are 6 or more dimples worth of damage done to them, a few look like they were hit with non-conforming wedges and there are complete flaps of cover hanging off like fins. I'm definitely giving these guys a call.

What grade did you buy?

That's really weird I'm sure they will take care of you

What grade did you buy?

It says specifically that most won't have that "new ball luster" but that they won't be discolored, and that they'll only have 3-4 dimples worth of light damage on some balls. It's every ball though. Most with 3-4 different spots of damage that cover a larger surface area than they proclaim for that grade.
These are a few of the balls. I'm not gonna take pics of all of them.
Just dirty, brown looking with scuffs and the entire cover torn off in places.
aa9dbdb89c54f5384aedbbd20f78dbe7.jpg
6ec7727869e5d5eba69f4268a33edf62.jpg
9294c7a65058d2616e53a8c707d94ee7.jpg
6c994bd1d53bf72bb79f140cad8dbc08.jpg
6a4ec432775d67ce5af42a9ac66ae7db.jpg

Those are a few that I just now grabbed. Didn't even search for the worst ones.

Man.

I'm out of beer and I rode the bike to work. This is a serious problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back