The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is less of a rant and more to let off some steam.... I received a phone call earlier today that a childhood friend is gone. The streets took another one and this time I can't help but take a little blame. Don't get me wrong, he was no saint, but man I feel like I let him and his family down. We ran hard and when I went one way I tried to take him with me, but he had too much of the street in him. As I moved through college and my professional career we talked less and less. We operated in two different worlds & the life I built with was a complete 180 from his.

I wish I would have tried harder or done something different hoping it would have made a difference. I'm just trying to gather the words to say I'm sorry to his parents bc they treated me like a son.

Mike, it sounds like you did everything you could. In the end, everyone has to make their own decisions about how they want to live their life. I'm sorry that your friend is no longer with us, but you shouldn't beat yourself up over it.

Between the confederate flag battle going on and the Supreme Court ruling on gay marriages facebook has been a disaster zone recently. Some of the things posted are so stupid it makes my head hurt to read them.

its silly...the people preaching about love and acceptance, etc are the ones spewing the most hate. i have had to stay away for most of the day because there really are some idiots in this world and since no test to get on the internet its just havoc

Day 3 of nights for Amanda.

4.5 weeks to go.

15 minutes in the Whataburger driver thru and counting.

Bah! Another road trip to see the in-laws, another car break down. Hopefully this one is cheaper than the last.

Bah! Another road trip to see the in-laws, another car break down. Hopefully this one is cheaper than the last.
Argh. That sucks dude. What crapped out?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Argh. That sucks dude. What crapped out?

If I had to guess I'd say it's the APP Sensor, but I can't be sure.

Basically the throttle only works intermittently.

Rain so hard I can't see the front of my car with wipers going full speed and puddles 1/2 way up my door... Had to pull over &know waiting for it to pass

That's gotta bite, hope it didn't happen out on the Coquihalla

4c99ace0abd44f37ba689a9ad8b5442f.jpg

Good lord United packs you in these days, definitely the smallest seat I've been in.

And a baby next to us, this is going to be awesome.

Sadly they are all like that now. Its why I try to use miles to upgrade on every single flight I am on.

If I had to guess I'd say it's the APP Sensor, but I can't be sure.

Basically the throttle only works intermittently.
What a PITA. Good luck with it man.

Sadly they are all like that now. Its why I try to use miles to upgrade on every single flight I am on.
I don't fly enough unfortunately to qualify for fun stuff like that. but I just looked, they are next to spirit for the least legroom, 30'' compared to 32 for southwest, 34'' for jet blue, 31 for American delta and us air. 28 for spirit. It is why I have never flown spirit, I'm pretty sure I legitimately wouldn't fit.

This is the first time I have sat straight upright and had my legs hitting the seat in front.

Also the worst seat I've had, they've eliminated virtually all padding.

The Official Rant of the Day

I don't fly enough unfortunately to qualify for fun stuff like that. but I just looked, they are next to spirit for the least legroom, 30'' compared to 32 for southwest, 34'' for jet blue, 31 for American delta and us air. 28 for spirit. It is why I have never flown spirit, I'm pretty sure I legitimately wouldn't fit.

This is the first time I have sat straight upright and had my legs hitting the seat in front.

Also the worst seat I've had, they've eliminated virtually all padding.

I remember when flying was fun now it's just a giant pain in the ass to the fact I really don't like going anywhere I can't drive .

People are inconsiderate pricks too. They don't even bother to look behind them ( hey look a 6'5" guy) before immediately reclining and slamming their seat into my knees .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The push to stick to standards then on a whim and my guess laziness approve a design that goes against said standards.

I remember when flying was fun now it's just a giant pain in the ass to the fact I really don't like going anywhere I can't drive .

People are inconsiderate pricks too. They don't even bother to look behind them ( hey look a 6'5" guy) before immediately reclining and slamming their seat into my knees .
If the distance it'd take for me to drive where my flight is going puts me at under 10 hours, I strongly consider driving. If it's right around 6 or less ... I am driving. You figure you have to drive to the airport (which for me is about a 90 minute drive to the closest large hub), check-in, get through TSA, wait for your plane (another good 60 minutes or so), fly (probably to a connection), wait some more, fly again and then wait for a taxi/shuttle. So driving might take me a couple more hours, but I can keep mostly to my own schedule. Plus, I can rent a car for cheap and I'll have it at my destination. If I'm feeling my oats, I'll rent a sports car and still save myself decent coin.

If the distance it'd take for me to drive where my flight is going puts me at under 10 hours, I strongly consider driving. If it's right around 6 or less ... I am driving. You figure you have to drive to the airport (which for me is about a 90 minute drive to the closest large hub), check-in, get through TSA, wait for your plane (another good 60 minutes or so), fly (probably to a connection), wait some more, fly again and then wait for a taxi/shuttle. So driving might take me a couple more hours, but I can keep mostly to my own schedule. Plus, I can rent a car for cheap and I'll have it at my destination. If I'm feeling my oats, I'll rent a sports car and still save myself decent coin.

Yep after this last trip to Tampa I told my wife after Mexico in January I'm not traveling by plane anymore unless its intercontinental . So fed up with the hassles.

Also read they're making the bathrooms SMALLER on all new planes to fit like 5 more seats per plane. Absolutely ridiculous .

Add up the cost of gas compared to the difference in cost to upgrade to 1st class. It could be worth it to fly then.

Add up the cost of gas compared to the difference in cost to upgrade to 1st class. It could be worth it to fly then.

Yah we tried to upgrade on our way back but they were all taken.

We get to fly to Mexico first class courtesy of Bridgestone rubber company

Ford Fiestas are so slow.

Seems like catching a break is impossibly lately. It's one thing after another

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back