The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to layoff 4 direct reports this morning.....always one of the toughest things I will have to do.

I had to layoff 4 direct reports this morning.....always one of the toughest things I will have to do.

Ugh. That sucks. I've only ever had to let 2 people go so far, and that was no fun. At all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arrow has an incredible ability to find the most disgusting thing outside and roll in it. I let them out for 5 minutes to use the bathroom and I find him under a tree rolling in some form of mud and who knows what else.

After cleaning him up he now smells like a combo of sugar cookie spray with a slight hint of barn/hot trash.

Arrow has an incredible ability to find the most disgusting thing outside and roll in it. I let them out for 5 minutes to use the bathroom and I find him under a tree rolling in some form of mud and who knows what else.

After cleaning him up he now smells like a combo of sugar cookie spray with a slight hint of barn/hot trash.

But, he's adorable, even when smelly...and he knows it. Haha

My mom isn't recovering very well from having a portion of her lung removed due to cancer. This situation is affecting me much more than I ever imagined, not just emotionally, but physically and financially as well. The up and downs are killing me, never knowing what is going to happen day to day as well as destroying my back driving 5 hours each way nearly every week.

This was taken off my Facebook timeliness written by an old friend, stories like this infuriate me.

I served my country. I did my duty, honorably. All is want is what I'm entitled to, nothing more. Just let b me finish my degree in peace... Then the Government pulled the same old song and dance we vets know so well.

Should I have been surprised that the VA lost my paperwork, that I submitted 1 month early, one week before school starts?

-Nope, par for the course.

Should I be surprised that no one at my school or the VA felt the need to notify me? -

Nope, it might inconvenience someone to actually do their job.

Should I have been surprised that the useless sack of organs that answered my call to the VA acted as if she had never heard of this mythical creature called the "Post 9/11 G.I. Bill"?

- Nah, I've worked for the government. I'm surprised they actually had phones in their customer service department.

But then it happened…

This waste of skin cells actually said something that left me speechless…

"If you are serious about school, why don't you consider using financial aid and school loans for the semester. We're quite busy this time of year and may not be able to complete everything in time since your paperwork was lost.."

This just in, kids: Sign up to serve your country and, if you get lucky, they'll actually follow through on their commitment to you. Ya know, unless they're busy. Welcome to my life, folks…

This was taken off my Facebook timeliness written by an old friend, stories like this infuriate me.

I served my country. I did my duty, honorably. All is want is what I'm entitled to, nothing more. Just let b me finish my degree in peace... Then the Government pulled the same old song and dance we vets know so well.

Should I have been surprised that the VA lost my paperwork, that I submitted 1 month early, one week before school starts?

Should I be surprised that no one at my school or the VA felt the need to notify me? -

Should I have been surprised that the useless sack of organs that answered my call to the VA acted as if she had never heard of this mythical creature called the "Post 9/11 G.I. Bill"?

- Nah, I've worked for the government. I'm surprised they actually had phones in their customer service department.

But then it happened…

"If you are serious about school, why don't you consider using financial aid and school loans for the semester. We're quite busy this time of year and may not be able to complete everything in time since your paperwork was lost.."

This just in, kids: Sign up to serve your country and, if you get lucky, they'll actually follow through on their commitment to you. Ya know, unless they're busy. Welcome to my life, folks…

Thats sad and disgusting. Having worked on a contract for VA this isn't surprising. They don't have a lot of bright people running around

But then it happened…

I'm actually impressed that they were able to actually talk to someone from VA on the phone. I've been trying for 2 weeks to talk to someone about my book stipend and 3 times a day it's the same message. "We are experiencing higher than normal call volume. You can use the self help on the website or try your call back later"

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

My mom isn't recovering very well from having a portion of her lung removed due to cancer. This situation is affecting me much more than I ever imagined, not just emotionally, but physically and financially as well. The up and downs are killing me, never knowing what is going to happen day to day as well as destroying my back driving 5 hours each way nearly every week.

Hang in there bud. Eff cancer. Thoughts and prayers headed to you and your mom

Why are golf companies all of a sudden making political statements that alienate people on either side? I've now seen a second company that feels it necessary to highlight someone using their product who at best is liked by 50% of the population. Isn't that marketing suicide?

Why are golf companies all of a sudden making political statements that alienate people on either side? I've now seen a second company that feels it necessary to highlight someone using their product who at best is liked by 50% of the population. Isn't that marketing suicide?
I'm guessing you are talking Obama again.

Not an Obama fan at all. But if the president of the USA uses my products I think that is pretty cool regardless of political leanings. I'm certainly not going to hold that against a company.

I'm guessing you are talking Obama again.

Not an Obama fan at all. But if the president of the USA uses my products I think that is pretty cool regardless of political leanings. I'm certainly not going to hold that against a company.
Good for you. I see a whole lot more people who dislike the post, then those that do. My only point. Go print a picture and put it in your office or something. Its not anything i would brag about (either side).

Washington Dulles is the worst airport in the history of airports. Fact checked.

I try to avoid anything political on my Facebook page, so I don't alienate half of my potential customers.

My client one month ago: "We are making some changes to our hardware and a few vendors, please hold off on this order and install."

My client, today after not answering my last 3 emails to check in on status: "Mr Senior Partner wants to know why this isn't done yet!! We're very upset this has taken so long!! What are you doing up there????"

*headdesk*

General Contractors on large jobs that can't confirm schedules within a month time frame. Simple question of when we can expect readiness with 4 weeks (or more). No wonder this location is 8 weeks behind.

why did I come in early after 36 holes yesterday? My mind is still on the course and my body is saying give it a rest.

05c4c0a210ead41e73977b9d6fddfe0a.jpg

When will this ever end? This poor freaking kid.

The Official Rant of the Day

I liked O'Hare before they got rid of the popcorn stands.

This is the first time I've ever heard some one say they liked O'Hare in ANY context.

Last edited:
Brutal day at work. Trying to put together quotes for work, that if we get it solidify the company for the next year, if we don't.... I dunno what will happen.

I could really use some good luck. Some things need to start looking up again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back