The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate to hear about the travel troubles guys. Funny, we all have an airline that doesn't ever seem to work out...Delta has always been fine for me, with the exception of weather related issues that I received vouchers for. Whereas United and American have generally been horrific for me. :shrug: Weird how it works sometimes.

Good luck on the trips home and recovering clubs!

I'll add that Delta has usually been a winner for me.

Of course, the bar is set amazingly low by United and US Air.

Hate to hear about the travel troubles guys. Funny, we all have an airline that doesn't ever seem to work out...Delta has always been fine for me, with the exception of weather related issues that I received vouchers for. Whereas United and American have generally been horrific for me. :shrug: Weird how it works sometimes.

Good luck on the trips home and recovering clubs!

Delta has always been good to me as has American. But Southwest, I hate Southwest. I can't put my finger on it but there is just something I don't like about that airline.

Delta stepped up. Reimbursed my 25 + 25 baggage fee and is going to give us vouchers for the cost of our flights. That's more than fair and now all I need to do is watch my mother in laws dog for a week because she's taking us from cincy airport to dayton airport tonight.

I'm still frustrated as hell but I'll just be more selective about flights in the future. Way to go supervisor John and Debbie!

Same deal with me, but delta is paying my hotel in atlanta and going to give me a voucher. Really wanted to get home tonight but it is what it is

Don't stop until your flight costs are matched in vouchers my friend. they'll do it if you press hard enough.

Delta stepped up. Reimbursed my 25 + 25 baggage fee and is going to give us vouchers for the cost of our flights. That's more than fair and now all I need to do is watch my mother in laws dog for a week because she's taking us from cincy airport to dayton airport tonight.

I'm still frustrated as hell but I'll just be more selective about flights in the future. Way to go supervisor John and Debbie!

Good to hear that they covered you!

Don't stop until your flight costs are matched in vouchers my friend. they'll do it if you press hard enough.

This is the real bullish*t right here. As paying customers, you shouldn't have to press at all. Delta needs to step up and fix the problem. It amazes me how poorly so many companies are run.

Delta has always been good to me as has American. But Southwest, I hate Southwest. I can't put my finger on it but there is just something I don't like about that airline.

I don't particularly enjoy southwest, id rather just get an assigned seat, but I've never had any big problems with them. Delta and American have been terrible.

I'm flying out in the morning, luckily it is with Jet blue

This is the real bullish*t right here. As paying customers, you shouldn't have to press at all. Delta needs to step up and fix the problem. It amazes me how poorly so many companies are run.

According to the guy who eventually provided the vouchers it is not common to even offer anything for air traffic or weather. It's sad how mediocre some companies are when it comes to caring for their customers.

According to the guy who eventually provided the vouchers it is not common to even offer anything for air traffic or weather. It's sad how mediocre some companies are when it comes to caring for their customers.

Glad it got sorted out. I really am.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I will say it truly pains me to see people have any issues coming to something my wife and I work hard to make perfect. This trip goes to show that something has to change however. Between the constant billing issues by the resort or the travel issues that have caused our wonderful members pain, its just not worth that for people (and I agree).

I don't particularly enjoy southwest, id rather just get an assigned seat, but I've never had any big problems with them. Delta and American have been terrible.

I'm flying out in the morning, luckily it is with Jet blue

I would have agreed with you back in the days when you could get assigned and exit row at booking for no extra charge.

But now I prefer SW and am willing to pay hrs extra $20 for an A spot which on most cases will be good enough for an exit row.

I do not like the fact they offer the 1-15 spots up for $40 at the gate. that would be on top of the $20 I paid for early Checkin.

Almost makes me wonder if id be better off not doing early boarding. Just doing the at gate upgrade.

But as far as delays and cancels they are usually very good in minimizing and handling those.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I will say it truly pains me to see people have any issues coming to something my wife and I work hard to make perfect. This trip goes to show that something has to change however. Between the constant billing issues by the resort or the travel issues that have caused our wonderful members pain, its just not worth that for people (and I agree).

Private THP plane...I like where your head is at Josh

I see exactly what you're saying and it's a shame tough breaks have occurred however I'll be the first to say it was 100% worth it. I know that's not what you mean or how it's being portrayed I'm simply stating that.

I love the THP events and the billing issues and travel suck, but they don't take away from the weekend.

The ATL airport is just absolutely terrible unfortunately. Nothing you can do honestly.. We have been driving in circles for over 20 minutes now waiting for a gate to open

I love the THP events and the billing issues and travel suck, but they don't take away from the weekend.

The ATL airport is just absolutely terrible unfortunately. Nothing you can do honestly.. We have been driving in circles for over 20 minutes now waiting for a gate to open
Events ay big properties in fl and the subsequent travel that has to go then through Atl has just been a dreaded combo

JB,
Let me say this. Travel issues and billing issues suck.
They do, but are totally out of your control.
Only so much can be done on your part and for that part, you two (and let's not forget Mike) totally knock it out of the park.

Personally my travel issues take nothing away nor add one bit of negativity to the special event THP afforded me this weekend.

The golf, the people, the location, the fun. That's what a THP event is to me.
A THP event is truly special, and I cherish every aspect of them!

I hate the cattle calls of Southwest boarding, but I have never had an issue beyond a slight flight delay.

Southwest has always been good to me. This is the first time I have had a messed up flight but it's a weather issue so what do you do? Have another drink I guess

Clubs did not make it to Dallas. Incident report filed. Awesome.

Dang....Sorry to hear that Cap. Hope they just show up on a later connection for you.

To add to this discussion: travel issues will occur no matter where you choose to hold an event, no matter what time of year or part of the country that the event is held. However, billing issues can be isolated to the particular course/resort which should be considered in the future in terms of determining where to host an event.

JB,
Let me say this. Travel issues and billing issues suck.
They do, but are totally out of your control.
Only so much can be done on your part and for that part, you two (and let's not forget Mike) totally knock it out of the park.

Personally my travel issues take nothing away nor add one bit of negativity to the special event THP afforded me this weekend.

The golf, the people, the location, the fun. That's what a THP event is to me.
A THP event is truly special, and I cherish every aspect of them!

I know brother. We want perfection. Some places allow us the ability to do that to the best of our ability. Others do not. I got to share a round of golf with you and see 50 more people this weekend that I can call friends. Lost in the picture of my own head, that does not happen without these events. But it wont continue. It cant continue, because we will never be a part of hardship. It will be our job to figure out the best way to continue to minimize certain aspects.

Nobody will take what I got this weekend away. The planning that went into this to make it perfect was months. I wont let a few billing issues by the resort ruin that, although I fear what will be waiting for us on the master account charged to our card. I truly fear it.

Our round yesterday was full of smiles. Nobody can change that dude.

JB. What others have said.

It was worth every travel abc billing issue I encountered.

I say this just as I find out my flight out of PBI is now delayed until 7: 30

I purposely scheduled my arrival to this event a day earlier than probably necessary

I know that shouldn't be something one has or plan or is able to.

I truly appreciate your dedication to making it perfect, and from yours, GG and Mikes end it was.

Vegas had no billing issues between golf and hotel...just saying.

Stuff happens when we get big groups there, it's always something but in the end it all gets worked out. If we are looking for perfection each time when all 15 events will have to be at Mission Inn :)

Waiting for a client to fly into ATL. Weather in Orlando keeping her on ground. 90min to two hours late.

So... I'll be at the office for a little bit, and such.

Not to add to Shane's rant, but if I didn't have to meet with a client this evening I'd take him out for a beer. Sorry broseph.

I'd drive the hour and a half right now to have a beer with both of you guys, if this were to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back