The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I had the money, I would be flipping houses on the side. Very lucrative in my area right now.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
The issue here is everyone thinks their 1970s, never updated house is worth top dollar. I've been watching the MLS for 6 months with my buddy and nothing good comes up to flip.

The flippers who fail are because they take a chance they shouldn't. They buy too high and can't make anything.

A good friend of mine has been flipping for more than 15 years and killed it during the recession because he made smart moves.

To the naysayers I always say, most small businesses will fail. Does that stop people from opening up shop and trying? Of course not. Why is this any different?

The issue here is everyone thinks their 1970s, never updated house is worth top dollar. I've been watching the MLS for 6 months with my buddy and nothing good comes up to flip.

The flippers who fail are because they take a chance they shouldn't. They buy too high and can't make anything.

A good friend of mine has been flipping for more than 15 years and killed it during the recession because he made smart moves.

To the naysayers I always say, most small businesses will fail. Does that stop people from opening up shop and trying? Of course not. Why is this any different?

You definitely have to be selective right now, deals are hard to come by because people are getting high prices for those dated houses you are talking about. They are there, but you have to be patient, but quick when they pop up.

You definitely have to be selective right now, deals are hard to come by because people are getting high prices for those dated houses you are talking about. They are there, but you have to be patient, but quick when they pop up.
Exactly.

I found one right now and we're looking at it tonight or tomorrow. It's already under contract but with a time contingency so our all cash offer may win out. We'll see though

I wish! I have a wimpy swing though. :beat-up:

Yeah, I'm not particularly pleased with them right now. I had a feeling it was going to be the case before I opened the box, but I sure was annoyed when I opened it up and saw it. One time I wouldn't have minded being wrong. Oh well!
As I look at the packaging, I'm pretty sure they turned right around and sent back the same club to me. LOL. I may very well be done buying from RBG for awhile.

My rant, though it actually helps me. During our MGA on Saturday I got called off the course on the 10th hole with what looked to be a major issue at home, fortunately everything turned out ok several hours later. After a mediocre front (42) the team I was on had to record a triple on every hole on the back from me which led to a 100. I have no problem with that, it's the rules. What I have a problem with is that the pro shop knew I left on 10 and still recorded the 100 which will bump my cap by .5 and lead to gaining 2 more dots in the next tournament or two. That helps me but it's not a legitimate increase in my handicap and I'm artificially gaming the field.

Yup its a killer. Happens to just about everybody I know that has done it.
Inventory is low everywhere right now, which drives prices up on subpar inventory or below average inventory.

We cant be that far from another recession, Im convinced of it.
The movie "The Big Short" explains how the bundling of extremely poor quality loans happened, which ultimately led to the bursting of the housing bubble. It is slanted but still a decent movie. The scary thing is supposedly those bundles are being sold again.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

What a day.

What a freaking day.

I'm exhausted from the day at the shop, but amazingly being busy in retail is a rant I will never turn down.

What a day.

What a freaking day.

I'm exhausted from the day at the shop, but amazingly being busy in retail is a rant I will never turn down.
busy is good but with a THP hangover it can be tough

Applebee's SUCKS. That is all.

Allergy induced asthma can kiss my azz

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Mr V tried to pull a tricky, and had one of his friends buy him a pair of the ugggggliest shoes I've ever seen at the golf show.

Comes home "want me to model my new shoes?"

Me, thinking the schnazy ones I got him say ... SURE

Instead? Ugly city.

If you are gonna secretly buy something, and hide it from your wife, at least make sure the item isn't butt ugly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which shoes were they?

My dog just got hit by a car and the people left him laying in a ditch. At the vet now and His pelvic is shattered. The bone that holds the pelvic to his tail is fractured. He has a slightly collapsed lung. He has fluid and blood in his chest. And possibly a diaphragm hernia. Even with surgery he will probably never stand again. And his tail bone that holds his tail to his pelvic is fractured and he won't even know he has a tail. Also could have a blood clot at any time in the future and die. Going to have to put him down as this will cost roughly 6-10k to fix. And nothing is guaranteed. Just absolutely gutted right now.

My dog just got hit by a car and the people left him laying in a ditch. At the vet now and His pelvic is shattered. The bone that holds the pelvic to his tail is fractured. He has a slightly collapsed lung. He has fluid and blood in his chest. And possibly a diaphragm hernia. Even with surgery he will probably never stand again. And his tail bone that holds his tail to his pelvic is fractured and he won't even know he has a tail. Also could have a blood clot at any time in the future and die. Going to have to put him down as this will cost roughly 6-10k to fix. And nothing is guaranteed. Just absolutely gutted right now.

Damn Tom that's heartbreaking. You have my number if you wanna chat just text me.

Leishman, that is awful. I'm so sorry to hear this.

So sorry to hear that. Thoughts for you tonight.

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

I am so sorry to hear that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back