The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the 2016 just means that they were shipping that year? Or made that year? Haha

Well, I know for sure I clicked the link on their website on the page for the new model ball

Well, I finally heard back from Bridgestone and I am not happy with the result, they evidentially "farm out" their ecommerce to a 3rd party company called Shopatron, so after waiting over a week to get the balls and then contacting customer support and them asking for photos of receipt, packaging, balls, etc and taking the time to gather that and send it to them....I get told there is nothing Bridgestone can do that I will need to call Shopatron and haggle it out with them.

I guess I just expected more.

Well, I finally heard back from Bridgestone and I am not happy with the result, they evidentially "farm out" their ecommerce to a 3rd party company called Shopatron, so after waiting over a week to get the balls and then contacting customer support and them asking for photos of receipt, packaging, balls, etc and taking the time to gather that and send it to them....I get told there is nothing Bridgestone can do that I will need to call Shopatron and haggle it out with them.

I'd hit them up on twitter, that's not what I would have expected either.

You should expect more. You ordered from Bridgestone's site. It is their problem how they fulfill orders and that it is properly done, not the consumers. That is completely unacceptable.

I'd hit them up on twitter, that's not what I would have expected either.

yep, I have now been on hold with Shopatron for more than 30 minutes, I had to describe the packaging and how I knew they were the wrong balls!!

Ridiculous!

I guess from what we all know about Bridgestone, I really expected them to say "sorry", tell me to keep the 2014 model balls and they would ship me a box of the new ones at no cost

While I was typing this, the guy from Shopatron got back on the line and said that there had been an error and the 2016 balls shouldn't have gone on the website when they did as they aren't available until March....so I can wait a week to get a return label to ship them back and then wait another week for a refund or I can just keep the balls I have...and basically have paid shipping for something I could have bought at the Academy right up the street from my house.

That's terrible by Bridgestone.

Your site, your responsibility.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Yikes...that's effed up. Their site...period. And they should stand behind it.

yep, I have now been on hold with Shopatron for more than 30 minutes, I had to describe the packaging and how I knew they were the wrong balls!!

Ridiculous!

I guess from what we all know about Bridgestone, I really expected them to say "sorry", tell me to keep the 2014 model balls and they would ship me a box of the new ones at no cost

While I was typing this, the guy from Shopatron got back on the line and said that there had been an error and the 2016 balls shouldn't have gone on the website when they did as they aren't available until March....so I can wait a week to get a return label to ship them back and then wait another week for a refund or I can just keep the balls I have...and basically have paid shipping for something I could have bought at the Academy right up the street from my house.

I don't know anything about Shopatron but I stand by my love affair with Bridgestone. Reach out to them directly or via twitter and I believe they will make this right. If they falsely advertised the new balls and sent you the wrong ones, that's on them to resolve.

Sorry TBT, I would have expected more from Bridgestone, like JRod said, it's their name on the line not Shopatron or whoever.

For a dozen balls id expect BStone to just say sorry and fix it, it shouldn't be that big of a hassle. Sorry you're dealing with that, id want it right too.

I don't know anything about Shopatron but I stand by my love affair with Bridgestone. Reach out to them directly or via twitter and I believe they will make this right. If they falsely advertised the new balls and sent you the wrong ones, that's on them to resolve.

He did, they punted him. See below.

Ridiculous!

Shopatron is wrong.
Assuming you ordered the RX or RXS, which I think you said, those are available right now.
The 330 and 330-S are not available until march.

Go on Twitter and direct B-Stone Golf to these posts. They are fantastic people that need to know how it was being handled, so it does not happen again. They are so excited about their new ball (and rightfully so, because its fantastic) if their e-commerce company is sending out the wrong one, they need to know about it.

and that's why I included social media. I am incredibly disappointed they didn't go out of their way to support Tim. Shocks me.

Gotcha, I was referring to the part about contacting them directly.

This explains some of the glove issues though. Simply stated: Bridgestone needs to get better under control what is coming from orders placed on their site. No way in hell I would order directly from them based on all of this.

Gotcha, I was referring to the part about contacting them directly.

This explains some of the glove issues though. Simply stated: Bridgestone needs to get better under control what is coming from orders placed on their site. No way in hell I would order directly from them based on all of this.

It sucks to read, because you and I have both experienced Bridgestone moving mountains to make us happy. I hope they are equally as disappointed and something improves because of this.

It sucks to read, because you and I have both experienced Bridgestone moving mountains to make us happy. I hope they are equally as disappointed and something improves because of this.

Agree completely. Love the product....just avoid their e-commerce site.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the support.....like I said, I was shocked when I got the runaround...I really just expected to get a sorry we will ship the new ones and keep the old ones with our compliments.

I ended up telling Shopatron I would just keep the 2014 model, too big of a hassle to wait on a return label, box them back up and then take time out of my day to take them to the post office just to get a $40 refund.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the support.....like I said, I was shocked when I got the runaround...I really just expected to get a sorry we will ship the new ones and keep the old ones with our compliments.

I ended up telling Shopatron I would just keep the 2014 model, too big of a hassle to wait on a return label, box them back up and then take time out of my day to take them to the post office just to get a $40 refund.

Please reach out to Bridgestone on Twitter and let them know what's going on, Tim. I think it's important for them to see what's happened to you.

Please reach out to Bridgestone on Twitter and let them know what's going on, Tim. I think it's important for them to see what's happened to you.
So much this. Any company worth their weight, and Bridgestone is, will make this right.

I may be understanding this wrong but it's sad you have to embarrass a company in public for them to perhaps fix something.

I don't understand why a simple phone call wasn't good enough.

Just sucks that it has to come to that. I've worked for Bridgestone and they're a good company but this is just crap.

I may be understanding this wrong but it's sad you have to embarrass a company in public for them to perhaps fix something.

Just sucks that it has to come to that. I've worked for Bridgestone and they're a good company but this is just crap.

I agree, but a couple thoughts

1 - At least I have confidence in them as a company to see it, recognize someone effed up, and resolve
2 - This is what happens when they outsource elements... And as Shopatron is a reflection of BStone, it'll get fixed.

I agree, but a couple thoughts

1 - At least I have confidence in them as a company to see it, recognize someone effed up, and resolve
2 - This is what happens when they outsource elements... And as Shopatron is a reflection of BStone, it'll get fixed.
I hope so I love Bridgestone equipment and this is pretty disappointing.

Sometimes things work "just well enough" that when things go sideways they do not get noticed. Maybe only a couple of people get bit, and it's not a systemic problem, but over the long time even that can stress brand loyalties and erode the consumer base. It's certainly possible that the people up top don't realize the issues the e-commerce site generates. I don't think you need to embarrass a company to get some action, but rather just bring it to their attention.

It is funny though, that in this day and age of the Internet ... the complaints you hear most concerning golf companies revolves around their websites.

I did send something on twitter, but the sad part is the FIRST thing I did was reach out to Bridgestone customer service on their website, they then pawned me off on Shopatron.

So my phone rings and the caller ID says Covington, Georgia so I know who it is.

Nancy (didn't catch her last name) with Bridgestone called to apologize for the inconvenience and to tell me that they appreciate my business.

She still insists that they don't have any of the new balls available until March and when I told her that I thought the RX and RXS were out but the 330 and 330S weren't, she said that some BIG retailers may have gotten some but they didn't have anymore until March.

So my recourse is still to keep the 2014 model or wait for a return label and ship them back for a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back