The Official Rory McIlroy Thread

Best player in golf and I'm a huge Jordan Spieth fan.

The crazy part is, he actually putted fairly well yesterday. If his irons are off, he's finished and yesterday that appeared to be the case.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Love that swing!

Just seen a video of Rory at The French Open and he is back to putting with right hand below left? When did he switch back?

Disclaimer - I have not seen any golf for a good few weeks

Just seen a video of Rory at The French Open and he is back to putting with right hand below left? When did he switch back?

Disclaimer - I have not seen any golf for a good few weeks
He switched back prior to the US Open I believe.

He also working on a few new swing changes. Looks like he feel
Into some bad habit and they may have them worked out.

Great press conference by Rory. Says it was an easy decision not to go to Olympics, he didn't get into golf to grow the game. Also gave a slight quip to Day and company, saying he's excited to add to his four majors, just like they're excited to add to their one or two. Love the chippiness.

Great press conference by Rory. Says it was an easy decision not to go to Olympics, he didn't get into golf to grow the game. Also gave a slight quip to Day and company, saying he's excited to add to his four majors, just like they're excited to add to their one or two. Love the chippiness.

I disagree with it being a great press conference. He sounded upset or almost as if someone had pushed hin to enter the Olympics and responded to that person without measuring his words. Him saying that Golf in the Olympics didn't matter wasn't just a poor choice of words. Lots of people have worked very hard to make that a reality and he just crapped all of over their collective efforts.

I admire Rory's honesty here, but I do think it seemed like somebody pissed in his cereal that morning.

I'm sure it has been discussed, but I found Rory's take on drug testing interesting.
Saying he could be using HGH and no one would know because the testing practices...

I disagree with it being a great press conference. He sounded upset or almost as if someone had pushed hin to enter the Olympics and responded to that person without measuring his words. Him saying that Golf in the Olympics didn't matter wasn't just a poor choice of words. Lots of people have worked very hard to make that a reality and he just crapped all of over their collective efforts.

Just because people have worked hard to make something happen, it doesn't mean that everybody has to agree with what they are doing. It's refreshing to hear a high profile athlete speak their mind freely about a subject, rather than all the PC crap responses we get from athletes these days. Hell most press conferences you can almost answer the question for the athlete because they give the same canned responses to the controversial questions.

I admire Rory's honesty here, but I do think it seemed like somebody pissed in his cereal that morning.

The constant insinuations would get on anyone's nerves!

I prefer Rory's honesty to contrived sound bites. Personally I could care less about Olympic golf. Considering how GB and Ireland ping ponged him I can understand his frustration and lack of interest in the event

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The constant insinuations would get on anyone's nerves!

In addition, Rory had an aspect that the others that opted out did not have. The media tried to make whether he would represent Ireland or Great Britain a news item. They tried to introduce politics into his participation for their purposes. He was placed in the middle of something, I would suspect he wanted no part. Like him, I just might be a bit p!ssed off at the media and might just responded without watching my words when questioned by the media.

In addition, Rory had an aspect that the others that opted out did not have. The media tried to make whether he would represent Ireland or Great Britain a news item. They tried to introduce politics into his participation for their purposes. He was placed in the middle of something, I would suspect he wanted no part. Like him, I just might be a bit p!ssed off at the media and might just responded without watching my words when questioned by the media.
Which is crazy because Northern Ireland is not a part of Great Britain and it isn't officially part of Ireland. It's part of the United Kingdom.

I still say, good on Rory. Speak up and speak your mind.

Didn't take long for Rors and Brooks to jump back on the Cameron train.

What did the switch to and what were they using?
Just saw an email that Rory is testing out multiple Cameron's and Brooks was testing his old trusty Button Back.

I really hope Rory can rebound from his comments earlier in the year and make a difference. His performance over the last couple weeks was nothing short of outstanding, and proved once again that he's justifiably one of the best if not the best in the world -- Especially when it counts.

I really hope Rory can rebound from his comments earlier in the year and make a difference. His performance over the last couple weeks was nothing short of outstanding, and proved once again that he's justifiably one of the best if not the best in the world -- Especially when it counts.
Amazing what a putter switch can do for ones confidence

I am watching a recording of GC's replay of the final round of the Irish Open. Rory's second on 16. My Goodness. Seriously.

He has swapped out his Epic fairway woods for the M2 line this week at the Masters.

He has swapped out his Epic fairway woods for the M2 line this week at the Masters.

Oh really...I'm not sure if that's a good thing for him to switch the week of a major. If I were him I'd be more focused on making putts inside 3 feet, which is truly his Achilles heel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back