The Official THP Teaser Thread

Some geography challenged peeps up in here

West is always good

Ill be honest and say that these were set up based on the amazing feedback and support of the thread "West Coast Event Coming?". Id be lying if I said I wasnt second guessing myself a little bit based on #TheKing so far, but at this point, changing is not an option.

I'll be up in some grills making sure these are worth your time.

Some geography challenged peeps up in here
How so? JB only said west in the teaser. A guy can dream, can't he?

If you were referring to something else, my apologies

Ill be honest and say that these were set up based on the amazing feedback and support of the thread "West Coast Event Coming?". Id be lying if I said I wasnt second guessing myself a little bit based on #TheKing so far, but at this point, changing is not an option.

the number of entries for the king is surprisingly low indeed

I'll be up in some grills making sure these are worth your time.

I can see you like

ae62ce0de0dcf984f70b5af1c10f9e79.jpg

You better sign up!!!

Every time you say something like this it makes me sad.

I can see you like

ae62ce0de0dcf984f70b5af1c10f9e79.jpg

You better sign up!!!

My Mazda may not be as heavy as a Bentley but it gets the job done. Just saying.

I'm excited for the West Coasters dying for more events. They are getting their wish in a big way this year and I look forward to following along in their journeys. THP events are a blast.

That's a bummer. Anyone who is not vying for a spot in The King is missing out on a great event AND playing with the zoo crew...myself included :bad:. I wish I could throw my hat in the ring for a chance at this one, but just getting back from a Florida vacation in early April it would be a tough turnaround. Though I will say based on the low turnout I have been considering saying WTH and figuring it out later (I even just checked flights), however I think my wife would kill me and there are other events that seem to work better for me a this time.

Also...I don't know where the majority of members are located, but I know cost can be prohibitive coming from the East.

Wait, did I read that correctly, 2 more west coast THP events??? I know one is the Daddy, but what's the other!??? That makes me excited!!

Also I echo the surprise in not that many entries for #TheKing...but on the flip side, if it makes my odds higher, I'm not TOO disappointed :alien:

You shouldnt be sad brother. Not at all. Its definitely not on you. Its on me and my idiocy to try and please everyone and do so in a big way. It blew up in my face this year and just something I wont let happen again.

Wait, did I read that correctly, 2 more west coast THP events??? I know one is the Daddy, but what's the other!??? That makes me excited!!

Also I echo the surprise in not that many entries for #TheKing...but on the flip side, if it makes my odds higher, I'm not TOO disappointed :alien:

Actually 3 more if I count Grandaddy.
Oh goodness, kill me now. Might just have to go back to first come first serve on some of these, because frankly its hard to do something another way since based on #TheKing, some of these may not even fill up, which is crazy to think about. Live and learn is all I keep telling myself.

I have to agree with Checkered...I absolutely LOVE the West! Folks need to take advantage of the events! So excited to be visiting California for #TheKing.

it's tough to figure out so I don't envy you one bit. TheKing is going to cost me a lot of money if I get in but it is worth it to me because of the "grandeur" of the event and the fact it is a 3-4 day trip. On the other hand, something like a much cheaper invitational on the West coast would be hard for me to justify but those closer who could travel for less would probably fill it up.

or maybe they wouldn't.

that's why I don't envy you, but I do thank you, GG, Dean and anyone else involved for at least giving us options!

Actually 3 more if I count Grandaddy.
Oh goodness, kill me now. Might just have to go back to first come first serve on some of these, because frankly its hard to do something another way since based on #TheKing, some of these may not even fill up, which is crazy to think about. Live and learn is all I keep telling myself.

I hate this for you JB. But I can't express to you enough my gratitude for trying to bring the glory of THP events out to us Westerners...I REALLY hope it works out for you and these events get the high level of participation they deserve. I know I will be throwing my hat in the ring for whatever I can possibly swing financially. I'm all in on #TheKing right now.

I apologize for my rant. Nobody should feel forced or coerced to enter anything. THP Events like these are not inexpensive and people should go and spend what they want to. Live and learn is what I take out of it and will continue to evolve and make changes to make sure that each event is the best it can possibly be.

I can't afford anything that isn't a drive away, just not in the cards, those west coast events are incredible but just not possible for myself. Looking forward with fingers crossed for Pittsburgh today and tomorrow!

I apologize for my rant. Nobody should feel forced or coerced to enter anything. THP Events like these are not inexpensive and people should go and spend what they want to. Live and learn is what I take out of it and will continue to evolve and make changes to make sure that each event is the best it can possibly be.

All you can do sir!

JM

I'd gladly sign up for all three right now if I could. I'm all over trying for #TheKing right now, and I know the #Grandaddy will be really tough to get in. Wherever this third one is, I'm certain I'll want to be a part of it as well. I know others may not be able, due to time, work, schedule or finances and that's understandable. I'm fortunate in that regard, and as long as my health holds out, I'll be there pitching my entries.

I think the main factor in all of that is cost for alot of people.

If you have a family... you probably take a family vacation. So, adding in a $1000 weekend golf trip probably makes it a no-go for several people.

But I can't express to you enough my gratitude for trying to bring the glory of THP events out to us Westerners...I REALLY hope it works out for you and these events get the high level of participation they deserve. I know I will be throwing my hat in the ring for whatever I can possibly swing financially. I'm all in on #TheKing right now.

Right there with you on all counts.

Sorry to hear that as well, but PLEASE come back to Texas every year!

So the other day my buddy and I were cleaning out a warehouse and we came across over 100 original iPad covers. He told me to keep them and sell them if I wanted.

I hurried and jumped online to see what exactly I'd found and what to sell them for. My wife asked what I was going to do with the money if they sold. I knew she wanted me to say pay down debt so I told her I'd pay down my debt with it. She laughed and asked why I'd do that!

Her exact words were, "Isn't there another THP love event where couples go together?" I told her sure was but I haven't followed it a ton to know anything since THP events weren't on my radar with over 500k in dental school coming debt coming up...

She said if her school doesn't interfere and I sell all the iPad covers, she's down. If LIITA is the other west coast event then that's my chance.

Now here's to hoping people still have the original iPad...

Back