The Subway Challenge - Could You Do It?

No way. I've got to mix it up. Even if all of their options were magically healthy.

Definitely an easy way to eat well on the road, especially with the 1000s of options Subway can offer.

The one thing about Jared, is that while he went on the Subway Challenge and lost a ton of weight, he also had the gastric bypass procedure done prior to going on his diet. Makes it a ton easier to lose weight.

I was just looking over the menu and got to thinking that there is a good bit of options that are decently healthy that could keep me interested. I mean if one does not like the food, or does not like healthier options than there is no getting around it, but for me, wanting to do both, and do so on a budget, I think I could do it.

it is easy on the budget too. At my old job I'd only get 35 bucks a day for food, so eating cheaply at subway helped pocket me some extra cash. They do have a lot of good options for those looking to eat a little healthier. I tried it because I found myself running through every drive thru in america between job sites. Plus I wasn't a huge fan of going out to a restaurant and eating alone most of the time. Damn if I had my old travel schedule now with THP I'm pretty sure I would have enjoyed my time on the road a little bit more.

Definitely an easy way to eat well on the road, especially with the 1000s of options Subway can offer.

The one thing about Jared, is that while he went on the Subway Challenge and lost a ton of weight, he also had the gastric bypass procedure done prior to going on his diet. Makes it a ton easier to lose weight.

Without a doubt and fortunately for me and GG that would not be needed.

I could not do it! I would hate subway after 2 weeks. I already hate the fact that they treat their meat like its gold

I used to work at Quizno's during high school, and I was only there for about 10 months. I saw them decrease the amount of meat in their sandwiches several times during the few months I was there. I imagine Subway is not much different. All about the profits, but it just sucks that the customer got screwed over in the end. I was always pretty generous with it though.

yeah....full after one inch of a 6 inch. much easier.

good point!

no way...its like one tiny layer of meat. Layed out nicely

No sir. Ill take a picture and send it you. Maybe they're just resisting your charm. :)

I could totally do it. My two biggest issues would be that I get sick of foods very easily so I would have to be sure and change it up, and I get some killer sweets cravings every now and then, so I would have to allow myself to each something sweet from time to time. I only order the healthy items from subway anyhow so that isn't a problem. I am very fortunate that I really enjoy the healthier options, and I never put cheese or mayo on my subs so that's not an issue, I'm a vinegar girl, I love vinegar so I don't need the oil and I definitely don't need the salt.

No sir. Ill take a picture and send it you. Maybe they're just resisting your charm. :)
I dont believe you. a picture is needed!

The thing for me is lunches. I have always ate decent food for breakfast/dinner, but during the daily grind it's far too easy to grab junk on the go.

I really need to get back in my routine of healthy lunches. I love the double chicken chopped salad at subway. It's huge and has very few calories.

GG and I got to talking the other day about 2014 and our travels. We talked about the weight loss challenge we did this year and how great it was, except when we hit the road in the THP Tour Van and are constantly on the go with the traveling. Fortunately neither one of us are extremely overweight or out of shape, but we want to continue to stay healthy(ish) for the rest of our lives.

So at the same time as this discussion was taking place, I was reading an article about that Jared guy from Subway. How it started, how it went and what he went through and I turned to GG and said "I could do that". I mean how much easier would it be to know what you were eating, having plentiful choices and also being able to watch your calories? She kind of laughed at me (she does this often on the road), but agreed it could be something that would be an easy way to watch what you eat and stay healthy on the road. Cost wise its not a bad alternative on the road, that is for sure.

So the question I have, is could you do it? Let's take a made up number of time and say 180 days (6 months). Could you eat Subway for lunch and dinner every single meal 7 days a week? Could you do it with their healthier menu items? Eliminating cheese, oil and mayo (for the most part)?

I worked in a hospital for 7 years that had a Subway in the food court. My response to your question? HELL NO. I got so sick of eating Subway and didn't even eat it every day, there's no way I could do it every single day.

Not a chance, can't stand the eat Subway unless I'm force too. Yuck. Fire house Subs, now there is a sandwich place!!!!!! How good it is for your diet + the hot Sauce though is debatable lol.

The thing for me is lunches. I have always ate decent food for breakfast/dinner, but during the daily grind it's far too easy to grab junk on the go.

I really need to get back in my routine of healthy lunches. I love the double chicken chopped salad at subway. It's huge and has very few calories.
I have not heard of this....sounds good

I had that for the first time last week. I was impressed.

I have not heard of this....sounds good

I had that for the first time last week. I was impressed.

It is really good. I load it up with the good veggies (not cucumbers because they are terrible). Use the light Italian dressing instead of the other salad dressing options and it adds very few calories.

No Ranch, One-T. No ranch.

Not a chance, can't stand the eat Subway unless I'm force too. Yuck. Fire house Subs, now there is a sandwich place!!!!!! How good it is for your diet + the hot Sauce though is debatable lol.

It isnt very good for you, but Firehouse is deliciousness

I could easily eat Subway twice a day every day. I am not one that really HAS to have a lot of variety in my meals, I like the foods that taste good to me and I'll eat them again and again especially if it's healthy for me. I don't think I could afford to eat Subway 2x a day every day though!

That was the last sub I had from them and it was really good.

I could easily eat Subway twice a day every day. I am not one that really HAS to have a lot of variety in my meals, I like the foods that taste good to me and I'll eat them again and again especially if it's healthy for me. I don't think I could afford to eat Subway 2x a day every day though!

hey jake, the meatball marinara doesn't count as a healthier option

I literally ate the same lunch for 3 months straight from January to March. It got old, but it worked.

Too bad Subway doesnt still have their points system. If you found a worker who didnt care they would give you like 30 stamps for the hell of it.

I literally ate the same lunch for 3 months straight from January to March. It got old, but it worked.

Too bad Subway doesnt still have their points system. If you found a worker who didnt care they would give you like 30 stamps for the hell of it.

The points were amazing. I had a friend who worked there and I got free subs almost everytime because he gave me so many

I remember that. We haven't had it here in Canada for probably almost 10 years. I miss it.

Guys I do not disagree about the cost when comparing it to eating at home. However the reason for us doing this is we are forced to eat out (generally speaking) while on the road already, so for us, the cost is many times quite a savings by choosing Subway over another brand.

There is not even a little chance I could or would do it. Eating out for lunch and dinner for six months straight would be expensive. I would also be so tired of it.

Back