Or that one time the two of you went out together and your bill was $170...that was a lot of sushi haha.

I blame Beags. His beard is mesmerizing into making you eat more.

Damn! Look like anywhere from 25-75 a person. Seems in line with what I was expecting. Now to spend that money at a sushi place or at a Brazilian place ...
:call-me:

Or that one time the two of you went out together and your bill was $170...that was a lot of sushi haha.

This sounds eerily familiar for me as well. Hahahaha

But it was sooooooooooo good and worth it.

Except the pineapple one, that one was different. :alien:

Okay so I broke my sushi "cherry" today at lunch

This stuff is expensive!!

I had spicy tuna, and salmon

Also a "rainbow roll"

RainbowRoll.JPG

And a roll with Shrimp Tempura

l.jpg

I don't think I did too bad for my first time considering I did eat a lot of "raw" stuff

What did you think TBT?

You basically sampled the sushi "greatest hits" TBT haha. And for good reason, all those rolls are awesome!

Nice TBT. Looks like good stuff.

What's the shrimp roll ward ate the tail on in Orlando? What's it closest to? I wanna mix up my normal order this week.

What did you think TBT?

It was pretty good.....I actually liked the raw stuff better than the shrimp tempura ones....the rainbow had some crab and swordfish on it that was really good. I will do it again

Is all sushi that expensive?? lunch was over $65!

There's a place not to far from me in called iSushi. Stupid name but the food is phenomenal. My favorite is this little appetizer named after the owner's son, Josh..."The Josh"

They tempura fry a basil leaf, add a slice of mango, some spicy tuna, a sweet sauce, a wasabi cream sauce and a little roe. It is the perfect bite. Sweet, spicy, crunchy, salty, fishy (in the good tuna-y way), fruity, herbal-y ... oh god. Want it now!!

IMG_5276.14003249_std.JPG

There's a place not to far from me in called iSushi. Stupid name but the food is phenomenal. My favorite is this little appetizer named after the owner's son, Josh..."The Josh"

They tempura fry a basil leaf, add a slice of mango, some spicy tuna, a sweet sauce, a wasabi cream sauce and a little roe. It is the perfect bite. Sweet, spicy, crunchy, salty, fishy (in the good tuna-y way), fruity, herbal-y ... oh god. Want it now!!

That sounds pretty good....dang I guess I'm a sushi guy now

ok ... one more. The Tuna Sashimi in Ponzu sauce at Sugarfish Sushi by Nozawa in Los Angeles (and other locations). SO SO GOOD. (And very reasonable for the quality of sushi)

Sugarfish-by-sushi-Nozawa-03-tuna-sashimi.jpg

TBT, Sushi is generally an expensive meal. You can do it 'cheaper' but it's still not going to be a cheap meal. I don't think JB and I have gone for sushi and spent less than $50 and we don't drink.

TBT, Sushi is generally an expensive meal. You can do it 'cheaper' but it's still not going to be a cheap meal. I don't think JB and I have gone for sushi and spent less than $50 and we don't drink.

Gotcha....this was $65 and change and we both drank water....just thought it was kinda high for lunch,,,but I am a newbie

Gotcha....this was $65 and change and we both drank water....just thought it was kinda high for lunch,,,but I am a newbie

No, that's about right. Figure each roll is going to be somewhere between $8 and $14 depending on how intricate they are, and you will usually order anywhere from 3-5 rolls/sashimi/nagiri. Not to mention any app and/or salad you might get. We always order too much because I can really only eat about 1 roll, but we like to try different things.

What's the shrimp roll ward ate the tail on in Orlando? What's it closest to? I wanna mix up my normal order this week.

It was a Volcano roll done uniquely.
Tempura shrimp.
Raw Tuna
Cream Cheese
Avocado
Volcano topping (Mixture of crab and conch in spicy sauce)

Here's some Nigiri local to Maine from my trip in July. The sockeye salmon was fantastic! Everything was fresh and local.

kqW2g1Zl.jpg

Ok I'm here at Kanai. I ordered the "Sea of Japan" meal along with a Japan beer.
3y8aquhu.jpg

The appetizer was delicious with or without sauce.
qu4etavy.jpg

The dinner is delightful. Several cuts of fresh seafood.
7ebujeza.jpg

Next time I'm here I'll try some different roll.
Bone Appetit

tappin from my big as note2

I'm thinking sushi in early December in the palm desert area!

Oh, sooo many flavors in this dish mmmm.
Ah I forgot to add the sign
5yjyvury.jpg

I love sushi, I could eat it everyday and I eat it all. Gonna grab some in two spots next week, DC and CA. Wanted to hit up nobu while in Vegas but will grab some fresh sushi is Seattle.

ok ... one more. The Tuna Sashimi in Ponzu sauce at Sugarfish Sushi by Nozawa in Los Angeles (and other locations). SO SO GOOD. (And very reasonable for the quality of sushi)

Sugarfish-by-sushi-Nozawa-03-tuna-sashimi.jpg
stunning

wow, I've had good sushi in LA

Hey Jman,

Look at this restaurant at the resort where Love Is In The Air is being held.

https://grandcypress.hyatt.com/en/hotel/dining/sushi.html
grand cypress, we could eat there next weekend and play.

I love sushi, I could eat it everyday and I eat it all. Gonna grab some in two spots next week, DC and CA. Wanted to hit up nobu while in Vegas but will grab some fresh sushi is Seattle.
Wait did you say DC?

One more pic. They have been so greatful here that I'm really enjoying this.
te6anehy.jpg

Boating tonight
10091766625_057e5d2c4b.jpg

Back