The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

I wasn't sure if entering the contests after getting selected was encouraged or if it was taking ideas and adding more work for judges and staff. Sounds like I should have been doing that the whole time, though.

I keep beating myself for missing the last Callaway contest, that was the only one I didn't make an entry for...I had an idea, but didn't get to film it.

I wish everyone would enter, it's really an amazing feeling when your name is announced and all the tweet, pm's, phone calls, and emails start coming in. I've experienced some great things in life but this feeling is truly unique and unlike anything I've ever felt.
Certainly one I will never forget. And my reaction was so unexpected and so not my personality...and I'm so glad I captured it.

JB, I would cut off a finger to get in but none of the remaining contests allow pics or videos... I will still be entering for all 4 spots though.

You sir, I like you. I am now officially in the OITW for Morgan Cup camp.

JB, I would cut off a finger to get in but none of the remaining contests allow pics or videos... I will still be entering for all 4 spots though.

After the last contest, it's probably best there are no photos or videos for the remaining contests. In an effort to one-up the last one, I suspect there would be many things we just couldn't "unsee."

its time to get serious!
The final participants will be known before January is complete.

3 weeks left in the month and all spots for the MC will be filled, what a way to start off 2014!!!

I know it has to, but I for one will be sorry to see the entry contests end. Folks have done a great job with all sorts of creative, heart-felt entries...across social medium that they may not have even known how to use. Then as the winners get announced, the support of the community toward winners and non-winners alike has really been what the THP is all about, and the best part is that the sponsoring companies have gotten to see it all first hand. It has been a really special couple of months, and even though the process predated the hashtag, it really has been a #franchiserewritten.

I know it has to, but I for one will be sorry to see the entry contests end. Folks have done a great job with all sorts of creative, heart-felt entries...across social medium that they may not have even known how to use. Then as the winners get announced, the support of the community toward winners and non-winners alike has really been what the THP is all about, and the best part is that the sponsoring companies have gotten to see it all first hand. It has been a really special couple of months, and even though the process predated the hashtag, it really has been a #franchiserewritten.

It's been fun to make entries, both before and after I was picked, I will miss it.

This year has been a blast, these contests are brilliant IMO and I know some were hesitant about it not being videos like last year, but to me this BLEW those out of the water, creativity at its finest.

It's been fun to make entries, both before and after I was picked, I will miss it.

I agree...I think I have submitted entries to all but two of the contests. Since the expectation was that the Morgan Cup was going to be heavily invested in social media this year, it only made sense for me to use these opportunities to support the process as well as gain a basic understaning of the tools.

I'm on the other boat. The contests have been fun, don't get me wrong. I've loved seeing every entry's creativity. However, I'm ready for teams to be filled and the game/physique of those participants changed for the better.

Awesome post Donne and I, for one want to do all that I can after the selection process is over to continue the excitement by bringing as many as will listen to me along for the ride.

JM

I'm on the other boat. The contests have been fun, don't get me wrong. I've loved seeing every entry's creativity. However, I'm ready for teams to be filled and the game/physique of those participants changed for the better.

I do believe we can all agree on that :)

But I still miss those contests ;)

Cmon captain, dont you want to include the masses for as long as possible. Go listen to the song video killed the radio star and remember the words. It did the same thing to the rock stars of THPMC the last couple of years. Momentum killed. You went to FSU, so I expect you to understand this difficult ratio of words.

Longevity of Attention = Masses of Attention = Legendary Rock Star vs One Hit Wonder

The Rolling Stones vs the chick that sang 99 luftballoons.

I've enjoyed how much support and fun has gone into the selection process. It does make me intrigued, though not without some trepidation, to see what comes next as part of being a #THPMC rockstar.

Cmon captain, dont you want to include the masses for as long as possible. Go listen to the song video killed the radio star and remember the words. It did the same thing to the rock stars of THPMC the last couple of years. Momentum killed. You went to FSU, so I expect you to understand this difficult ratio of words.

Longevity of Attention = Masses of Attention = Legendary Rock Star vs One Hit Wonder

And that is a lesson that you all learned so well. For the 2013 Morgan Cup (if memory serves), the final selection announcements were made the first week of November. Now we are talking the last week of January. That is two (almost three) months where the entire community has been involved.

Maybe I'm just being sentimental through this years process, but we have six and a half months to go, and sure there are fun milestones along the way, but I am enjoying every day of this ride. I love that every set of the winners kind of get their own few days as the newest rockstars...the community kind of gets a chance to celebrate them, get to know them, and hopefully bond with them thereby keeping them involved in the whole process.

I don't disagree when it comes to the attention and awesomeness of the event. I love the buzz it creates and all the excitement it brings every time a new thread starts and the hundreds of posts that fill each and every one of those with more creativity shown in sometimes 6 seconds than I have in 60 seconds. I love the excitement that fills the air when it's said the new entrants will be announced at X time on X day. WHAT?! People go nuts. It's intoxicating in its excitement and the thrill/rush you get when you see those names. I get just as amped up when I see those winners names because those people could be on my team or could be on the other side of the fairway from me all tied up with the Morgan Cup literally riding on one swing. That's a freakin awesome feeling. That part I don't want to go away.

I'm just impatient with excitement. Hopefully worded like that it makes a bit more sense. Also, I didn't understand half the big words you said anyway.

Lufftballoons = puff pastry I think. :act-up:

JM

I'm dying laughing over here lol.

Nena.

She still looks good. Aged better than the Rolling Stones, though her music arguably hasn't.

Have to admit the suspense of trying to get picked is mind blowing. I am so pumped right now.

The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

Nena, to her defense, the song was popular enough in German to be made in English and reach the US chart 2nd position as highest ranking German song at that time. ;)

Aaand back to the topic...

Have to admit the suspense of trying to get picked is mind blowing. I am so pumped right now.

Glad you stuck with it buddy, can't wait to see you again!

You're not blowing smoke up anybody's skirt there buddy. You knew when that cheer leader video was posted, that it was going to kick arse and take everybody to the woodshed :D. Really awesome stuff and I still laugh about it when your video comes to my mind. I'm going to therapy today to have that pic permanently dismantled. :bulgy-eyes:

Back