THP Tour Van Event - Des Moines, IA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perfect, thanks Hawk, just planning out in my mind how early I'll need to leave. Will probably sleep on the couch so I don't wake the family!!! Maybe I'll just sleep in the car.

That might get a little chilly Icey, lol. I think it got down into the upper 40's overnight here last night and they are well North of me.

This is awesome! I can't wait to make it out there and hopefully its the first of many for me

Your going to have a blast buddy, no doubt you'll want to come to many more down the road!

Not that I haven't been excited, but for some reason I woke up extra excited about this event today. We are about a month out and hopefully we hear from the last few of you that are on the fence soon.

Looking like we'll be in the 30 person range, which should allow some of you newer folks to get an idea of what a THP event is all about. I have a feeling that many of you will be throwing your name in the 2013 hat after you see what it's like to be around 30 people that are just as crazy about golf as you are.

Adding to that is the little post about pre-release equipment and it's shaping up very nicely.

It gets more exciting every day! The pre-release equipment is an added bonus which should get everyone up for demo day/range session.

Yea buddy. The screen name introduction is always a little awkward haha. It's always funny though because I tend to call people by their THP name even when I know the real one. Just a habit I guess.
Then mine will be easy for you! Unless you use the bad names that other people call me..............

Then mine will be easy for you! Unless you use the bad names that other people call me..............

It's hard to say what you will be called until it happens haha.

Yea buddy. The screen name introduction is always a little awkward haha. It's always funny though because I tend to call people by their THP name even when I know the real one. Just a habit I guess.

People can just call me Rock. Everyone else in the Eastern third of the state does. But if people are going to call me by my screen name, maybe I should change it. What does everyone think of "xXRocketBallz!1!4204lyfeSn1p3rXx"?

~Rock

haha. Hell, just leave the night before and we'll wake you up when we get there!

I'm probably going to hit the road around 5-5:30 that morning. Hoping I can sleep the night before.
That's Jesse and my plan. We'll probably plan on being able to hit the road by 5 sharp so probably a 4:45 meet up somewhere.

I wish I could ride with Jake and Jesse. Maybe you all should swing by and pick me up.

I wish I could ride with Jake and Jesse. Maybe you all should swing by and pick me up.

You can ride in the sidecar. haha

This is still looking like a "go" for me....I need to pull the trigger on the plane tickets, just gotta wait on one more detail from work to be sure that I am clear for takeoff!

I may be carpooling with bhilln, so that will give me somebody to chat with while the sun rises.

So, let's get TBT squared away today.

This is still looking like a "go" for me....I need to pull the trigger on the plane tickets, just gotta wait on one more detail from work to be sure that I am clear for takeoff!

I may be carpooling with bhilln, so that will give me somebody to chat with while the sun rises.

So, let's get TBT squared away today.

Awesome. Talk about good timing!

I will call a boss if I need to.

Yes! Remember, there is a chance you could fly into somewhere like Omaha as well (if somebody could pick you up on their way over).

Yes! Remember, there is a chance you could fly into somewhere like Omaha as well (if somebody could pick you up on their way over).

Seems like some people may have been flying into KC and hitching a ride from there too, but my memory isn't good enough to remember that for sure.

~Rock

Check flights to Des Moines, Omaha and KC. Pretty sure each location has people coming and rides will be available.

Okay...I could probably get a better flight to Omaha or KC....who is coming in from those places and do they have room for a fat guy and a staff bag?

Smallville is in KC and Duey should be going through Omaha.

I just saw a pretty good price directly into Des Moines.

If you do fly into Des Moines, depending on when, I'm more than happy to swing by the airport. I live south of des moines, so getting to that airport is pretty much on my way anyways.

~Rock

Seems like some people may have been flying into KC and hitching a ride from there too, but my memory isn't good enough to remember that for sure.

~Rock

Okay...I could probably get a better flight to Omaha or KC....who is coming in from those places and do they have room for a fat guy and a staff bag?

Cookie is flying into KC and riding with me.

I am not sure a third person and golf clubs will fit into my Outback (I fold down one of the back seats to fit two sets in), but I can try to commandeer a large pickup if necessary. I will need a heads up to try to do this.

I think a few others are driving up from KC too.

Yep, I'm coming through Omaha some time on Friday, so depending on when you fly in (if there) McRock or I can certainly pick you up. Not a bad drive at all from Omaha, like 1 1/2 hours I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back