THP Tour Van Event - Des Moines, IA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like I am totally in. Luckily the Iowa State football game doesn't start till 7pm so I should be able to make it to the game and most of tailgating.

Excellent. Looking forward to seeing you!

Looks like I am totally in. Luckily the Iowa State football game doesn't start till 7pm so I should be able to make it to the game and most of tailgating.

Iowa State has a football program??? LOL jk.......maybe, depends how the week prior goes with the Iowa v Iowa State game.

This thread really blew up yesterday and last night while I was busy. Looks like we may have even picked up a few more attendees. I have a feeling this event will make me want to attend the THP outing next spring! Can't believe I'm going to get to meet so many THPers at an Iowa event. If I don't bring my "A" game to the course, you can guarantee I'll bring my "A" game to the after round activities. Templeton Rye anyone?

~Rock

Iowa State has a football program??? LOL jk.......maybe, depends how the week prior goes with the Iowa v Iowa State game.

This thread really blew up yesterday and last night while I was busy. Looks like we may have even picked up a few more attendees. I have a feeling this event will make me want to attend the THP outing next spring! Can't believe I'm going to get to meet so many THPers at an Iowa event. If I don't bring my "A" game to the course, you can guarantee I'll bring my "A" game to the after round activities. Templeton Rye anyone?

~Rock

I've had a good year of gloating with the girlfriends family from last year's game. That stadium was roaring! I'll be surprised if they can pull it off in Kinnick.

As for the Templeton Rye, do you have a source for the no-label variety? I had that once and it was some nice stuff.

No liquor for Hawk.

Awesome Pat, good to hear you can make it.

Up to 28 at this point, we need some buddies coming along to beef this to a cool 30 or more!

Jack Trice Stadium FTW! I have been to a couple Cyclone football games and wow the energy is.... well below average hehe

Jack Trice Stadium FTW! I have been to a couple Cyclone football games and wow the energy is.... well below average hehe

It takes a big game to get everyone excited. Last year the big ones were the Iowa and Oklahoma State upsets and you could barely hear yourself think. Otherwise the venue is pretty mild.

As for the Templeton Rye, do you have a source for the no-label variety? I had that once and it was some nice stuff.

No, I just buy the stuff at the local store, but it's still the only whiskey I'll drink. I'd bring a bottle to the golf course, but last time I played golf with a bottle of whiskey, it didn't pan out too well for some of my playing partners. I've never seen someone argue that they were sober enough to drive a golf cart (he clearly was not, not even sure how he managed to stay in the golf cart).

~Rock

Cool, been a long time bud!!,

Sent from my DROID X2

It would need to arrive really soon, but I imagine they'll pack it up if it comes in time.

Even though they are a bit lighter than you are used too, you know you will take a swing? Yes, they look good and more importantly feel even better. Hind sight wishing the 5.5's would have been in my Nike's. So much to learn, so much to spend in doing so!

Not that I haven't been excited, but for some reason I woke up extra excited about this event today. We are about a month out and hopefully we hear from the last few of you that are on the fence soon.

Looking like we'll be in the 30 person range, which should allow some of you newer folks to get an idea of what a THP event is all about. I have a feeling that many of you will be throwing your name in the 2013 hat after you see what it's like to be around 30 people that are just as crazy about golf as you are.

Adding to that is the little post about pre-release equipment and it's shaping up very nicely.

Agreed Hawk, I am pretty anxious for this one as well. We are going to have a blast both on and off the golf course.

Pre-release surprise equipment......yes please!!

I'm also very excited to see 30 THP'rs take over some sports bar again like we did in MB.

Sorry for the skim, I don' remember seeing when the range session would start on Saturday morning?

It's not set in stone, but we'll probably meet somewhere around 9:00 am.

I'm with you hawk, the excitement is building with every post and every day we get a little closer. It's always funny at the beginning of an outing, everyone's just a little quiet and reserved, last's about 5 minutes before were all blasting balls on the range, making jokes and high 5'ing like we've know each other for year's, lol. After 5 or 6 outings and small get together's I've yet to meet a THP'er that I didn't really enjoy spending the time with and looking forward to seeing again.

This can't get here soon enough, I'm ready to make a bunch of new friends and seeing a lot of old friends once again.

Yea buddy. The screen name introduction is always a little awkward haha. It's always funny though because I tend to call people by their THP name even when I know the real one. Just a habit I guess.

I'm with you hawk, the excitement is building with every post and every day we get a little closer. It's always funny at the beginning of an outing, everyone's just a little quiet and reserved, last's about 5 minutes before were all blasting balls on the range, making jokes and high 5'ing like we've know each other for year's, lol. After 5 or 6 outings and small get together's I've yet to meet a THP'er that I didn't really enjoy spending the time with and looking forward to seeing again.

This can't get here soon enough, I'm ready to make a bunch of new friends and seeing a lot of old friends once again.

This is awesome! I can't wait to make it out there and hopefully its the first of many for me

It's not set in stone, but we'll probably meet somewhere around 9:00 am.

Perfect, thanks Hawk, just planning out in my mind how early I'll need to leave. Will probably sleep on the couch so I don't wake the family!!! Maybe I'll just sleep in the car.

haha. Hell, just leave the night before and we'll wake you up when we get there!

I'm probably going to hit the road around 5-5:30 that morning. Hoping I can sleep the night before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back