THP TV - You Be the Producer

I'd love to see footage of insider access, I'm not talking about videos of clubs before the rest of the public even get's to see them, I understand that isn't fee sable, but about videos from places we can't get into or areas we would never think to visit. I'm thinking about some of the videos posted on twitter from the Masters when players really give you an inside look into a place not normally seen. Maybe the inside of clubs headquarters, manufactures and even tour views from the inside, all tours mind you not just the PGA.

As much inside info from the industry as you can get. Assembly, R&D, Marketing, everything.

This pretty much summed it up for me. I like the idea of member bios too.

As much inside info from the industry as you can get. Assembly, R&D, Marketing, everything.

Yep. I like that a lot!

I'd like to see some Albatross Club member interviews, maybe how to hit my favorite shot by some members, and most of all I'd like someone to interview yourself and JB. It would be interesting to hear the story of THP.

Interviews of Albatross members sounds great. Another perk!

Well, isn't that interesting. Yes, behind the scenes interviews with club makers and movers and shakers in the golf arena. Some tips or just quick lessons, particularly from some of your LPGA friends, would be awesome. I would also enjoy seeing maybe just a quick highlight reel of some THP events, with some interviews from the THPers of course. Maybe a little less Bridgeslapping in those interviews, although that never gets old.

As for club demos, I would like to see club demos up against comparable clubs, and on a launch monitor. Easy example, when it comes out, compare the new RocketBladez tour model iron to a TM TP MC iron. Throw them up on a launch monitor and let us know the results as you demo the club.

And I also think that every THP TV episode should include a small gag reel and outtakes segment at the end. Just sayin', those usually make me laugh no matter what show I'm watching. I mean, that boring British guy that is a commentator for the LPGA and host of Big Break, his outtakes from Big Break Atlantis were hilarious, and I instantly gained respect for his goofy sense of humor.

~Rock

I especially like the club comparison. Tough to do with paying sponsors...

I especially like the club comparison. Tough to do with paying sponsors...

WHile there may be banner ads on this site, we have always been nothing but unbiased.

EDIT: I will add that what I mean by that is companies do not dictate our content in reviews under any condition.

Well, isn't that interesting. Yes, behind the scenes interviews with club makers and movers and shakers in the golf arena. Some tips or just quick lessons, particularly from some of your LPGA friends, would be awesome. I would also enjoy seeing maybe just a quick highlight reel of some THP events, with some interviews from the THPers of course. Maybe a little less Bridgeslapping in those interviews, although that never gets old.

As for club demos, I would like to see club demos up against comparable clubs, and on a launch monitor. Easy example, when it comes out, compare the new RocketBladez tour model iron to a TM TP MC iron. Throw them up on a launch monitor and let us know the results as you demo the club.

And I also think that every THP TV episode should include a small gag reel and outtakes segment at the end. Just sayin', those usually make me laugh no matter what show I'm watching. I mean, that boring British guy that is a commentator for the LPGA and host of Big Break, his outtakes from Big Break Atlantis were hilarious, and I instantly gained respect for his goofy sense of humor.

~Rock

hey man this is a great thought and would be awesome to see as well!

Like hawk mentioned, video on the equipment that drives the site would be interesting but I'm not sure how feasible that would be.

Otherwise equipment video is a nice touch. Comparing one putter to another, like the ping video from last year. That was really cool to hear the audible difference in two lines. Something with drivers VIA launch monitor is also cool because it takes interpretation out and offers hard numbers to illustrate differences.

Finally, some actual on course stuff. Whether it playing golf with person xyz or showing how to perform a type of shot. I think the golftec guys could really knock that out of the park if they have time to shoot some video. I would offer myself but I'm sure everyone already knows how to blade a wedge...

I would be interested in some club repair video's (reshafting, gripping) and some THPer's interviews from the events. And some history behind the site and its members.

I would be interested in some club repair video's (reshafting, gripping) and some THPer's interviews from the events. And some history behind the site and its members.

Very good idea with the club repair. Put me down for that as well. I do it, but would love to expand on my knowledge.

Gregory Hines. Tapping.

I'd love to see a show on all of the clubs and putters you guys have all over the house I think that would be cool. Maybe a witb for JB and GG

I'd love to see a show on all of the clubs and putters you guys have all over the house I think that would be cool. Maybe a witb for JB and GG

That would be truly epic. The putters alone could be one episode I'm sure.

Tapatalking on my iPhone!

I would love to see instructional type show's, sometimes on the swing and other times on equipment repair/change. However, I don't exactly want pro tips unless they are geared to us hackers. I don't swing like those guy's and am not going to spend 8 hours a day/6 days a week working to create it. Show me how to fix my OTT move, how to keep my head down better and how to stay more attached through out the swing. Hope that makes sense.

My vote is for tips and tricks. Maybe a how to section - replacing grips or reshafting or stuff like that.

Awesome idea! The usual tips, inside the tour stuff, R&D and marketing, but here is something out there...How about you guys pick out a featured THP member of the month? THey can give a bio and other get to know you type stuff?

I would like to see everyone line up at a THP Invitational or Tour bus stop and have each person, say a sentence about what THP means to them on film. I think it would be a good way to show others the members in each region of the country. Kind of like a here's Johnny segment :D.

Really great ideas from my fellow Hacker's. The one that's really resonated with me is ddecs idea to see some club shop Vids.

I totally skimmed here but just wanted to throw in what I think would be neat and that is some video reviews of the equipment and accessories that the great staff members post

I would like to see equipment comparisons with launch monitor numbers.

yes this is what I like to see, It's exciting!

That plus some JB short game tips
Agreed that a quick monthly video with some simple tips would be cool. JB gave me a 2 second tip at the Texas Event on chipping and I've used it ever since.

My vote is for tips and tricks. Maybe a how to section - replacing grips or reshafting or stuff like that.
I also like this one too. I know JB can dang near (if not totally) build a club sitting beside the Tour Van.

Shell Match Play THP style. How cool would that be!

Shell Match Play THP style. How cool would that be!

Yup plus some other competitive matches like the Invitationals. Competitive amateur golf is fun to watch sometimes.

One thing that I thinnk would be cool to see, is to see a thread come to life...i'll explain;

For example, yesterday the thread about deciding to go for it or play it safe when punching out or chipping out. Would be cool to have a thread and let the forum discuss it for a while, then have a video of a few different golfers going for the shot and to see the results of the hole played out. Same thing goes for the putting percentage, talk to golfers on the course and then have them putt 10 balls from 5 ft, 10 ft, 15ft, etc.

Just an idea.

Morgan Cup interviews with set questions to be answered
Club reviews
Tricks
Tip

One thing that I thinnk would be cool to see, is to see a thread come to life...i'll explain;

For example, yesterday the thread about deciding to go for it or play it safe when punching out or chipping out. Would be cool to have a thread and let the forum discuss it for a while, then have a video of a few different golfers going for the shot and to see the results of the hole played out. Same thing goes for the putting percentage, talk to golfers on the course and then have them putt 10 balls from 5 ft, 10 ft, 15ft, etc.

Just an idea.

I like this a lot. That's a cool idea and would be fun as well. Could even do it at the invitationals or tour stops as well.

Just an idea.

I'd do a video of the mind blown thing but I just woke up and I'm ugly. GrEat idea dude!

TT on iPad

Back