Tiger Woods Schedules News Conference

Wonder if he'll go with the old Michael Jordan line of 'I'm Back....' :confused2:

I think he should take the Jack Nicholson approach by chopping a hole in the press room door with an axe, stick his head through it and say, "Wendy! I'm home!"

-JP

I don't think Elin will be there. After all, the PR said, "... a small group of friends and colleagues..." :embarrassed:

I also think she is a very private woman who has handled this whole situation with a lot of dignity. I can't imagine that changing now.

He just might shock everyone and say "I'm taking the rest of the year off from tournament golf". Then, give a few reasons for that decision, and disappear again.

You know what, it would take cojones to do that. Yet that will probably be the most unpopular decision in the history of golf and probably the one that, IMO, will make a lot of folks take him seriously about working on his family. Of course, I would need to see some sort of remorse and emotion during the conference to see if he is serious.

http://tmz.vo.llnwd.net/o28/newsdesk/tmz_documents/0217_tiger_press_wm.pdf

It's tmz....but it looks like it'll be a filmed session where TW is sitting there with a few close select friends talking about the situation. Still should be interesting, but again I'm not sure it's the best way to go.

In case you can't get to tmz, here is what the document says:

Notice to Press
Tiger Woods will be speaking to a small group of friends, colleagues and close associates
at 11 a.m. (EST) Friday at the TPC Sawgrass clubhouse in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL. Tiger
plans to discuss his past and his future and he intends to apologize for his behavior.
This will not be an open media event. However, it is understood that there are many
media who are interested in what he has to say. In order to accommodate as best we can,
we are working to arrange pool coverage of Tiger’s remarks.
There will be a network pool camera providing coverage of his talk. The feed will be
available live to any network or station that wishes to air it. A limited number of print
and wire service reporters will be in attendance and will share their notes, color and
background on a pooled basis. We are working with the Golf Writers Association of
America to arrange for pool coverage.
As a courtesy, there will be a room made available at a nearby conference center for
credentialed reporters to watch his talk on the televised feed. The location:
Vedra, FL.
the notes, color and background gathered by the pool reporters. All credentialed reporters
who provide available. *** Note to television media: Satellite coordinates will available later in the week.
Please email: reception@etwcorporation.com for additional information. Satellite TV
trucks can park at the conference center.
Here are the specifics:
When: 11 a.m. (EST) Friday, February 19
What: Tiger Woods speaking to friends, associates and colleagues gathered at the TPC
Sawgrass clubhouse in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL.
Viewing: As a courtesy, credentialed reporters can view the talk at Champions Room D
and E at the Sawgrass Marriott at1000 PGA Tour Boulevard, Ponte Vedra, FL.
Reporters are asked to reserve a space in the room
and there will be limited seating
available. If you plan to attend, please email:
reception@etwcorporation.com
*** Note to print media: Reporters do not have to be in the conference room to receive
rovide their email addresses will get a copy of the notes as soon as they are
To put your name on this list, send your email address to
reception@etwcorporation.com
tele
Champions Room D and E at the Sawgrass Marriott
1000 PGA Tour Boulevard, Ponte

Last edited:
Does it really matter who is in attendance at the press conference?

Who cares?

I'm assuming it's going to be addressed to the public and is shown live, on TV.

Apparently that's not good enough??

Does it really matter who is in attendance at the press conference? Some people are interested.

Who cares? See above. Some people like to speculate - let them enjoy themselves.

I'm assuming it's going to be addressed to the public and is shown live, on TV. See - speculation is fun.

Apparently that's not good enough?? No clue what you're trying to say. Should I speculate?

My speculation is that you got out of the wrong side of the bed today. No wait - that was yesterday. Oops wrong again - that will be tomorrow. May I suggest something to improve your mood or leave that to the guys?

My speculation is that you got out of the wrong side of the bed today. No wait - that was yesterday. Oops wrong again - that will be tomorrow. May I suggest something to improve your mood or leave that to the guys?

:nono: :laughing:

Does it really matter who is in attendance at the press conference?

Who cares?

I'm assuming it's going to be addressed to the public and is shown live, on TV.

Apparently that's not good enough??

Did I say anything about it not being good enough? No. I said that in my opinion it's not the best way to go, but what does my opinion matter? I'm just trying to look at how things will be down the road, eventually in order to get the media hounds off him he's going to have to face them and answer their questions, so why not do it right away and get it over with?

You really have a vicious stance on this topic don't you?

He hasn't fielded a tough question in years, if ever. I'm sure Tim "I worship the ground TW walks on" Finchem will be there running interference.

Isn't this guy a forum member? :confused2:

This whole situation is just sad on so many levels. All I can really speak to is the fact that all though I may not have cheered for him every time I truly enjoyed and appreciated his talent. I would love to see him compete again at the highest level.

I'm glad he's coming back into the spotlight. He needs to get back to doing what he does best... golf. I might not be a fan of his antics on and off the course, but the man can play the game.

You really have a vicious stance on this topic don't you?

He has been Tiger's public defender on this forum.

I'm glad he's coming back into the spotlight. He needs to get back to doing what he does best... golf. I might not be a fan of his antics on and off the course, but the man can play the game.

He has been Tiger's public defender on this forum.

Maybe Nikegolf is really Tiger? :confused2:

That's fine- I didn't even say anything bad about Tiger, just wondered out loud if this was the best way to approach it, but anything is better than nothing. I'm actually a fan and have said publicly that I'm rooting for him to turn his life around and getting back to dominating again soon.

That's fine- I didn't even say anything bad about Tiger, just wondered out loud if this was the best way to approach it, but anything is better than nothing. I'm actually a fan and have said publicly that I'm rooting for him to turn his life around and getting back to dominating again soon.

Good stuff.

I agree.

:popcorn:

-JP

Friday 11am EST. From PGA Headquarters

JB

Maybe I mis-heard the details but I thought they said coverage would start at 10:30 EST on the Golf Chanel.

:confused2:

Coverage would start. However his conference starts at 11am

:laughing: that smileys hot!

That's Julie's personal signature smiley! (Or used to be)

(She should come back sometime!)

Coverage would start. However his conference starts at 11am

Ahhhh! G chanel needs 30 min to build it up I guess. lol

let the tiger spectacle resume baby !!! in honor of the cheesy non stop tiger news to come for the next 48 plus hours
[YOUTUBE]47456oK_RwQ[/YOUTUBE]

Considering the way Accenture parted company with Tiger, I find it interesting that he chose 11:00AM on Friday to hold this press conference as that is more or less the exact dead-center point of the Accenture Match Play Championship.

You can infer what you want from that, but I just find it interesting is all.

-JP

I find it interesting that TGC just referred to it as an open media event when we are getting signals that it will be anything but open.

Back