Titleist 910 D2 & D3 Drivers

Never been a huge titleist woods fan but for some reason I really want to try one of these.

JRod I think you could do some nasty things with a 910. I would be interested in seeing which one you would like. My gut would say D3 with a PX

Great driver. I initially did not like the 910 coming from the 909d2. The 909 has more of the deep, wooden bat sound and cushioned feel I prefer. The 910 has more of metallic feel (not what I was expecting), but the face is hotter. Killer looks and the adjustable hosel allows for easy shaft changes. The 910d2 is forgiving and suits a wide range of players.

I hit the 910 D2 the on Saturday, then again yesterday at Golfsmith. Hadnt hit a Titleist driver in years, I came away quite impressed. My numbers looked good, and was averaging some great distance.

Going to get caught up on this thread now, as this has me thinking...

I hit the 910 D2 the on Saturday, then again yesterday at Golfsmith. Hadnt hit a Titleist driver in years, I came away quite impressed. My numbers looked good, and was averaging some great distance.

Going to get caught up on this thread now, as this has me thinking...

did you have a chance to stack it up against ur Burner?

did you have a chance to stack it up against ur Burner?
Unfortunately, no, I was not able to hit them side by side. But I made a point to hit the D2, 10.5*/Stiff, similar to my current setup.

But, my thoughts coming away from hitting the D2 were that I wasnt getting as much side spin on the ball, and my launch angle was a bit higher than the Superfast coming in at an average of 13* to 14*.

I liked it a lot, and was really hoping I could hit it next to the Cleveland Black to compare the two. I may have to try and Demo the D2 out on the course soon to see how it treats me.

Unfortunately, no, I was not able to hit them side by side. But I made a point to hit the D2, 10.5*/Stiff, similar to my current setup.

But, my thoughts coming away from hitting the D2 were that I wasnt getting as much side spin on the ball, and my launch angle was a bit higher than the Superfast coming in at an average of 13* to 14*.

I liked it a lot, and was really hoping I could hit it next to the Cleveland Black to compare the two. I may have to try and Demo the D2 out on the course soon to see how it treats me.

hmm intriguing for sure

when I was hitting all the drivers earlier this year, my choice came down to 2.0 and the D2. Went back a week alter, hit them both and was somehow more accurate with the 2.0 (at least thats what the sim said lol), I havent hit the D2 since then, wonder if im missing out. Lord knows I need way less sidespin lol

hmm intriguing for sure

when I was hitting all the drivers earlier this year, my choice came down to 2.0 and the D2. Went back a week alter, hit them both and was somehow more accurate with the 2.0 (at least thats what the sim said lol), I havent hit the D2 since then, wonder if im missing out. Lord knows I need way less sidespin lol
Again, this is all on the sim for me as well, it's a whole other ballgame when I am out on the course.

Lately, I have been hitting my Superfast decent, and have actually been able to find fairways with it, but just liked the feel of the D2, so now it has me thinking.

Again, this is all on the sim for me as well, it's a whole other ballgame when I am out on the course.

Lately, I have been hitting my Superfast decent, and have actually been able to find fairways with it, but just liked the feel of the D2, so now it has me thinking.

same here, the last few rounds hit the superfast well (just not awesome), might have to see if I can snag a D2 next year and see what happens

took the plunge tonight, tried the aldila RIP and the diamana kai'li. both stiff in the D2 9.5* head

the kai'li was the better performer for me, distance, dispersion and launch angle.

tried a few settings as well and settled on B2, although C3 did get the launch up i actually lost a bit of distance.

heres a pic of the bag now:

http://yfrog.com/h0i2lzaj

will try and post some of the trackman stats

took the plunge tonight, tried the aldila RIP and the diamana kai'li. both stiff in the D2 9.5* head

the kai'li was the better performer for me, distance, dispersion and launch angle.

tried a few settings as well and settled on B2, although C3 did get the launch up i actually lost a bit of distance.

I have been hitting the D3 all year. I fluctuate between the B2 and C3 settings. The C3 setting has a slightly higher launch than I like, but the greater loft gives a little less side spin, and it still gets the ball up on my bad swings. If I drive the ball really well for a round, so that the high launch is bugging me, I'll switch over to the B2 setting. I don't gain all that much distance - 5 yards at most - but eventually I'll start missing a bunch of fairways. Then I switch back to C3 for a few rounds as my punishment.

Tell Santa Claus to bring a huge budget with him come this December :D

No kidding. That price stopped me from buying this driver back in July.... I really hope it drops next season!

Yes, just lying in wait to pounce on a D2.......

I finally got an opportunity to get a 910 D3 on the golf course yesterday. I had only previously demo'd it very sparingly at an indoor simulator. I really like the look, classic pear shape head and the D3 is a little smaller (445cc) but you really don't even notice. The thing is very solid and just pounds the ball, I had a nice mid trajectory flight and not a bit higher once. I played this for 9 holes and hit 5 of the 7 fairways, the 2 misses weren't far off either. What I was really impressed with was even into the wind I could maintain that mid flight and get some decent distance. It's a little heavier than a lot of the light weight drivers but that didn't seem to hurt me one bit, in fact I think it helped add to how solid I was able to hit the ball each and every time. I didn't really miss any shots too far from the center of the club face so I can't talk about forgiveness just yet. The shaft in this one is the RIP 60 gram.

Congrats to the Turdelist band wagon Brian! :clapp: The right shaft for this driver is crucial for optimum performance so it looks like you got the right one for you. Enjoy your new toy :D

I finally got an opportunity to get a 910 D3 on the golf course yesterday. I had only previously demo'd it very sparingly at an indoor simulator. I really like the look, classic pear shape head and the D3 is a little smaller (445cc) but you really don't even notice. The thing is very solid and just pounds the ball, I had a nice mid trajectory flight and not a bit higher once. I played this for 9 holes and hit 5 of the 7 fairways, the 2 misses weren't far off either. What I was really impressed with was even into the wind I could maintain that mid flight and get some decent distance. It's a little heavier than a lot of the light weight drivers but that didn't seem to hurt me one bit, in fact I think it helped add to how solid I was able to hit the ball each and every time. I didn't really miss any shots too far from the center of the club face so I can't talk about forgiveness just yet. The shaft in this one is the RIP 60 gram.

I was wondering when you would get your feet wet with one of these :D. Watch out or you will catch the fever lol.....

Awesome P4B

range session tonight and the D2 didnt dissapoint, long straight and forgiving..just awesome.

im gonna try and venture out tomorrow and see if I can hit the D2 somewhere, wouldnt mind picking up a decent used one for the right price...but of course I left all of my golf galaxy coupons at home and im out of town

Guys I just made a grip change on the D2 and LOVE IT! I hate the way it looks just because the color doesnt go with the shaft but I have had this light blue Iomic Sticky JUMBO sitting in my room since the beginning of the year and it was just begging to be used so I threw it on the 910. It is larger than the GP NDMC Midsize that I use and I love the feel in hand, hopefully this helps eliminate the left side of the course a little bit more. I would guess its the same size as the NDMC Midsize with 3 or 4 wraps of tape. I am playing at 11:30am tomorrow and its going to be in the high 50's so I will update ya with how it goes. If I end up liking it on course as much as I do just holding it I will order a black one to throw on it and probably one for the CG Black as well.

Iomic910.jpg

Iomic910ds.jpg

Iomic910ds2.jpg

nice job 10yd,

i usually have a couple of extra tapes on my grips, but the results with the D2 have been fine as standard so im going to hold back on changing just yet.

I just got back a little bit ago from playing 9 and I gotta say I love this grip, it will be going on my CG Black and irons as well. Very very good feel to it and it is grippy! Guess thats why its called a Sticky Jumbo lol. Had a decent day with the 910 nothing special though, missed 3 fairways out of 7 drives. It was a very windy day again, its just that time of year, blowing 25+ all day long. IMO the 910 is one of the best drivers I have hit into the wind, it really still gets out there with a good swing. Ball has a lot to do with it as well but I like it.

played a round with a demo d2 yesterday...i think im in love. was pounding drives off of thetee, no slices, afew pushes right but great ball flight and distance. was a demo club at a course, my neighbor offered them a hundred for it,they called him and said they would do 175...lucky sob

I picked one up this summer and so far it is the best driver I have ever had. You will not go wrong with it.

played a round with a demo d2 yesterday...i think im in love. was pounding drives off of thetee, no slices, afew pushes right but great ball flight and distance. was a demo club at a course, my neighbor offered them a hundred for it,they called him and said they would do 175...lucky sob

OEM ya one MD!!! Its worth it.

Back