Tour Edge Exotics CB-PROh hybrid Iron - THP Preview

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
In for review from TEE is something that is both following upon a trend we are seeing from OEM's in the release of hybrid-irons ("driving" irons) but also taking it to another level by also being part of a hybrid-iron set.

The CB-PROh irons from TEE are a two-piece set for the exotics line from Tour Edge. The 2-7 irons are FULLY hollow designs with forged faces which serves to increase the COR along with the large internal undercut and perimeter weighting of the head to increase launch and forgiveness of the head itself. The 8-PW are a much more traditional cavity-blade design for precision and trajectory control.

For this review TEE sent THP the #2 (18*) CB-PROh paired with the TEE Fujikura Fuel 60S graphite shaft. The club plays at 39.75" with the graphite selection.

More information on the CB-PROh line from TEE:

Screenshot_2-L.jpg

Screenshot_1-L.jpg

Screenshot_3-L.jpg

Screenshot_4-L.jpg

In-Hand Pictures of the #2:

DSC_0013-L.jpg

DSC_0014-L.jpg

DSC_0015-L.jpg

DSC_0017-L.jpg

DSC_0016-L.jpg

DSC_0018-L.jpg

DSC_0019-L.jpg

DSC_0023-L.jpg

DSC_0020-L.jpg

Good looking club and a solid looking set.

Also looks to be fairly demanding, especially in the longer clubs.

That #2 has to be the most challenging potentially of the set makeup so it'll be interesting to see how you fare with it.

Love the look of the set. That #2 looks like its not TOO small, but hard to tell. Would love to try that thing out with the right shaft.

JM

Im wondering if you ever hit the Mizuno MP-H4 Jman and if so, can you compare the two?

Interesting offer from TE. It will be interesting to see how this driving iron, or hybrid iron, compares to some of the others that have hit the market recently.

• Staff
Im wondering if you ever hit the Mizuno MP-H4 Jman and if so, can you compare the two?

Haven't hit the H4, but I have gamed the Yonex Zero and the Cally X-Utility so I should still be able to draw some comparisons for you. Hope to get out a bit later today.

Interesting offer from TE. It will be interesting to see how this driving iron, or hybrid iron, compares to some of the others that have hit the market recently.

Its an interesting move putting them within a set and also selling them individually to be just "driving" irons, 18* is a bit daunting off the deck, but it should be a lot of fun to work with still. Honestly still expecting a pretty solid level of demand from the club as it pertains to on course performance.

Been looking at their calendar of stops close to me..I think best thing is to go to one of their demo days. The driver was a lucky fit,,but before buying further..I would benefit from a club fitting. An e swing weight is possible from them,,,

• Staff
Been looking at their calendar of stops close to me..I think best thing is to go to one of their demo days. The driver was a lucky fit,,but before buying further..I would benefit from a club fitting. An e swing weight is possible from them,,,

I say go for it. Could be a good time if nothing else.

Pretty much every company can get their club to an E if you are ordering through them, most club-builders can get them there as well.

Interesting, I'm curious as to comparisons in forgiveness and length to a more fairway style hybrid

It would be interesting to have an entire set starting from the 2.

Very intrigued. Will follow along because this sounds exactly like what I might want.

Ha! That is good looking, but dear god I couldn't do a thing with it.

They look a little MP-4Hish to me. I'll be interested to read the review.

WOW saweeeet looking 2 iron there! I'd like to give this thing a whack or two :golf2:

What's the price point on these with graphite 1500?

Hahaha, I chuckled a bit when I opened it as I didn't know what loft to expect.

Its a little hammer though, hit it off the tee 3 times today and off the deck 2 times in a "getting to know you" session that was straight to the course. First two off the tee were bullets, it elevated better than I anticipated, the third was a hard fade/cut which surprised me a bit, all swing, but still it was pretty considerable. Off the deck, I love long irons, let me say that first, but it was a rough go trying to elevate it on the first (dead straight but about 15 feet off the ground) and on the second I managed to stay in and take a divot and got a considerably better flight from it but still what I would call a mid ball flight. Taking it to the range tomorrow to get to know it better before I jump to any conclusions, today was a straight to work session after a week off so its all a grain of salt.

I do think its clearly going to be demanding though, I think that is a given, at this loft it will be a tough one for many IMO.

What's the price point on these with graphite 1500?

Nope, from their site at 8pcs:

FUEL Graphite 699
KBS Tour 699
PX Steel 699
X-Lite 90 Steel 599

This sums it up well for me. I have that shaft in my hybrid and do like it LOT.

Not very appealing to me, look bulky

Not very appealing to me, look bulky

I think you'd be surprised when you look down on it Freddie, esp the offset factor. It honestly looks like it wants to punish the golf ball. I'd like to see them in the 6/7/8 range though, if they're the same there topline wise etc I'd agree with you a good bit.

The 2 looks pretty good. Very interesting set.

Interesting the fuel shaft is a very nice in a hybrid should be nice in an iron
they look very MP-H4 or RBZ ish

Looking forward to some range time with this one tomorrow, will be nice to just be able to focus in on multiple shots.

Back