US Ryder Cup Selections

Seems that everyone is talking about the same 5 or 6 guys. Is there anyway that DLIII goes deeper down the list and surprises everyone?

I think BVP is as far down that list as he can go! Who else is down there that nobody has named but can make a case for being picked? I haven't looked at the points standings since MD showed them about an hour ago. Who are you thinking about P4B?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Don't you think the #1 player should be able to play with almost anyone? His last 2 times out with Stricker they haven't been even close to competitive. I hope Love shakes things up a bit.

I really like Steve, but his game is leaving him. I would also like to see Watney with Tiger. A young player who has experience playing from the rough with an imagitive enough short game.

I agree that Tiger should not be playing with Stricker. I don't think Stricker should be on the team. I do think that Love needs to shake things up, that's why I like Watney. But to not look at who you can pair with Tiger is silly. Tiger is still the biggest gun that the US has.

Seems that everyone is talking about the same 5 or 6 guys. Is there anyway that DLIII goes deeper down the list and surprises everyone?

Garrigus would work for me. He could play the Belgian.

Kevin

I would got with:

Sneds
DJ
BVP
Furyk

Furyk is a damn buzzsaw at these things. It's awesome. He destroyed Aussies and South Africans at the President's Cup.

I kind of like your thinking TC . However one small change for my 2cents

Sneds
DJ
BVP
Stricker

You bet! And what if the team needs a good cry? Stricker can really cry after a win.

Kevin

Good point. Every team needs that emotional train wreck.

I think BVP is as far down that list as he can go! Who else is down there that nobody has named but can make a case for being picked? I haven't looked at the points standings since MD showed them about an hour ago. Who are you thinking about P4B?

I definitely don't have anyone in mind. Well, maybe David Duval. I personally think that's a no brainer but Davis won't pick him because they're buddies and everyone will claim he picked favorites. DD's game is ready though so people wouldn't have much of a gripe really.

I don't see it.

Hey, all you guys who think Fowler is well out of the reckoning. If the picks were based on rankings, wouldn't Fowler get in as the 4th?

I agree that Tiger should not be playing with Stricker. I don't think Stricker should be on the team. I do think that Love needs to shake things up, that's why I like Watney. But to not look at who you can pair with Tiger is silly. Tiger is still the biggest gun that the US has.

I won't disagree there. One thing I liked about what Azinger did was using that pod system with groups of 4. Then he came up with pairings within the pod. I think Tiger would be comfortable to play with DJ, Mahan, Furyk, Zach Johnson.

I definitely don't have anyone in mind. Well, maybe David Duval. I personally think that's a no brainer but Davis won't pick him because they're buddies and everyone will claim he picked favorites. DD's game is ready though so people wouldn't have much of a gripe really.

Really? Duval? I love DD and always have but don't think he could pick him if he wanted to! He would get crucified for that move! Just my opinion. I wish we were at the point that Duvall was a shoe in for the team!

Really? Duval? I love DD and always have but don't think he could pick him if he wanted to! He would get crucified for that move! Just my opinion. I wish we were at the point that Duvall was a shoe in for the team!

I'm totally kidding dude. He will have a great Fall Series though, you watch!

Good point. Every team needs that emotional train wreck.

Bubba is the biggest cryer of them all so we have that covered. Anyone think Overton has a shot?

I'm totally kidding dude. He will have a great Fall Series though, you watch!

deep down you are not kidding. Imagine a DD and Mahan pairing? Unstoppable

Since Overton is not getting in, they need a screamer to go with the criers. Who's a good screamer? Someone that has spit fly out of his mouth when he makes a big putt or knocks one really tight.

Kevin

deep down you are not kidding. Imagine a DD and Mahan pairing? Unstoppable
Total domination buddy. We'd see this all weekend!

duval-ryder-cup.jpg

Since Overton is not getting in, they need a screamer to go with the criers. Who's a good screamer? Someone that has spit fly out of his mouth when he makes a big putt or knocks one really tight.

Kevin

Pat Perez?

thank god he was smaller when he wore that shirt. Now it'd be size XXXL and look even worse.

Kevin

bubba watson is a screamer and a crier. he's already in though

Pat Perez?

Nah. I'm thinking more along the lines of someone that can actually make a putt or hit it close.

Kevin

Don't you think the #1 player should be able to play with almost anyone? His last 2 times out with Stricker they haven't been even close to competitive. I hope Love shakes things up a bit.

I won't disagree there. One thing I liked about what Azinger did was using that pod system with groups of 4. Then he came up with pairings within the pod. I think Tiger would be comfortable to play with DJ, Mahan, Furyk, Zach Johnson.

I think you kind of have to pair a longer(ish) hitter with Tiger. Like DJ, or Watney if they get selected. I don't know why, but that is just a gut feeling I have. I do think that anybody who gets paired with Zach will get points.

Nah. I'm thinking more along the lines of someone that can actually make a putt or hit it close.

Kevin

Looking at the list I don't see anyone with that much game and charisma all at once!

What if he did something nobody mentioned and picked HIMSELF!

Just so we have the list of players, here are the top 20.

1Tiger Woods6,014.184
2Bubba Watson5,815.054
3Jason Dufner5,697.302
4Keegan Bradley5,551.206
5Webb Simpson4,635.500
6Zach Johnson4,491.544
7Matt Kuchar4,448.942
8Phil Mickelson4,233.108
9Hunter Mahan4,082.228
10Steve Stricker4,015.069
11Jim Furyk3,369.616
12Rickie Fowler3,313.338
13Brandt Snedeker3,176.787
14Bo Van Pelt3,152.315
15Dustin Johnson3,040.020
16Robert Garrigus2,604.580
17Bill Haas2,546.017
18Ben Curtis2,457.284
19Scott Piercy2,416.346
20Kyle Stanley2,341.219

I like Mahan, Furyk, Sneds and DJ, after looking at the list.

I'm a big BVP guy so I'm hoping against all odds that he's in.

I'm pulling for:

BVP
Sneds
DJ
Furyk

I just think ole Jimbo thrives at the RC, plus, he and Stricker to me are 6 in one and 1/2 dozen in the other.

Davis is going to chicken out and go right down the list.

Mahan
Stricker
Furyk
Fowler

No way....Sneds HAS to get in doesn't he?

Back