Wanted - THP Staff Writer

I have been thinking about this quite a bit. Can't wait to see and hear who has been selected to provide us weekly content related to the tour with the kickoff of the 2015 season on the horizon.

Yeah I wish I had more time. Id love to do something like this to get more involved in the game of golf. I love the game and work as much as I can to improve my game. This will be a great oppotunity for someone

I still think saying that pro golfer doo hickey hitting the ball farther than a mule plowing a corn field and higher than a hawk hunting a rabbit would do the trick. :D

Good luck folks!

Ok I decided to show you guys/gals how a real pro writes and I hope some newspaper executives don't see this and try to pull me out of retirement. :alien: :D Here ya go writing OG style :bomb:. I know the contest for the writer position is over and I wanted to have a little fun with a non entry kind of entry. :bulgy-eyes:

Entry for THP Staff Writer Position:

I'm going to throw a little local boy knowledge at ya. There is a young man on tour named Russell Henley who is making Georgia proud. Russell was born on April 12, 1989 in Lexington, Ky however he grew up in Macon, Ga. Russell was a standout jock in three sports at Stratford Academy. He was all state In basketball and could ring the hoops like a coon throwing down a persimmon on a frosty Georgia morning. Now most coons wouldn't stand a chance with Henley whacking a golf ball because he won the 2010 Haskins Award, while playing at the University of Georgia. He immediately took that success and played in the 2010 US Open at Pebble Beach where he tied for low amateur. He also had good success on the Web.com tour. He won three times and one of them was playing as an amateur. This young man can sling some divots with the best of em! He graduated to the PGA tour and has won two more tournaments since putting on his big boy pants.

Henley is a huge Georgia Bulldog fan being a former player on the golf team. He loves it when the Dawgs put a whooping on other teams that ajax won't take off. He also cheers on the Atlanta Braves as a local corn fed Georgian should do. He doesn't wear overalls these days but he still likes to sit on the back porch and pick a few tunes on his guitar. Henley knows how to tare a guitar up like my mom use to tare my butt up from acting the fool.

Russell decided he was moving closer to the ocean where he could give up coon hunting and concentrate on golf alone. He currently resides in Kiawah Island, South Carolina. This young talented guitar picking fool has a bright future. I'd say brighter than a new pair of Sunday go to meeting white pants on a cool spring morning at Augusta National. I'm betting my fresh pouch of Levi Garett that he stirs the pot in this big wing ding in Augusta, Ga. Why you ask? He's a Georgia boy with a bag full of talent and besides that, who would not want to win the big one in your home state! Mark my words he will be raising more cane than Aunt Jemina syrup company did in their best year. Golf is like a box of chocolate. You never know what ya gonna git but with Russell Henley, you're getting the real deal.

Well I just lost it right there! Give OG a contract'

That was impressive. Full disclosure, I read that with a southern accent in my head.

Nicely written OG.

lol, brilliant Bill!

Come on now.... You guys have me blushing like JB when he first saw the inside of the woodshed :D

I enjoyed the heck out of that.

Just like that word of the day thread, we need one for the OG phrase of the day.

That was probably the freshest thing I've read here in a while lol, different, exciting, and just plain awesome!

Awesome OG. You have to read that with a good ole southern drawl and man that there is some good writing!

Haha OG you are the man! That was awesome!

Using Tapatalk

Well done OG!! That was a great read!

That was great OG. Loved the Sunday going to meeting pants at Augusta part.

Wanted - THP Staff Writer

I loved reading that Bill.

Last edited:
That's called a good old woodshed whoopin from OG right there!

I can actually hear Bill reading that while sipping a cold beer sittin on the front porch rockin with Kelly Bo at his side and a coon dog at his feet. Loved it!

I can actually hear Bill reading that while sipping a cold beer sittin on the front porch rockin with Kelly Bo at his side and a coon dog at his feet. Loved it!

haha I love it! Not exactly text book writing but it'll get er done :D

Must be read with "Duelin' Banjos" playing in the background. Well done Bill!

Man OG, of the THPers I have yet the luck of meeting, you are at the top of the list. I might not understand a thing you say, but I'm guessing I'd love just hanging and shooting the stuff with you.

I wish I had the experience or free time to do this because I love golf. I may even be addicted to golf. But, the person chosen, I have no doubt, will do well.

That was classic Bill. Loved it.

Man OG, of the THPers I have yet the luck of meeting, you are at the top of the list. I might not understand a thing you say, but I'm guessing I'd love just hanging and shooting the stuff with you.

Thanks for the kind words and I would be honored to sit back and chew the fat with ya

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back