Wanted - THP Staff Writer

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP is looking to expand its writing team and as always we will look at you the community members first. While the position is fun, it carries quite a bit of responsibility. This particular position will be responsible for covering Tour Golf with a heavy focus on the PGA Tour. There will also be the possibly for some equipment reviews mixed in and the chance to move into an equipment writer position.

Criteria
Each staff writer must be available in this community to discuss their writing.
You must be able to work in a timely manner. With the tour schedule being fairly demanding there will be deadlines.
The ability and desire to continue to cover golf even in smaller tournaments.
You must be located in the Continental US.

What You Get
To be a part of the THP Staff, which has some perks such as travel, etc.
There are other perks that will be addressed down the road should you be selected.

Getting Picked
To get selected, you will submit an article. This one will be about anything Tour related.
It must be between 500-600 words. No less and no more. While most of our home page articles are longer than this, we believe that this will give us a good idea of your style.
These will be printed it out read blind with no telling of who wrote them by some of our staff.
The deadline to submit your article is Friday September 19th, 2014
You must email your article to josh@thehackersparadise.com and include this info.
Your full name
Your THP Forum Name
Your city and state where you reside.

If you are not selected for this, never fear while this is a unique opportunity, there are always ways to write for THP and the forum offers great conversation on many topics.

This is going to be freaking awesome. It is no secret I have wanted to get involved in something like this for a long time. I will be racking my brain trying to come up with the perfect piece.

I love this idea.

Good luck to all that enter, will be exciting to see how it all shakes out.

Awesome opportunity with a lot of responsibility.

This sounds like a fantastic position!!! Covering PGA Events for THP directly. How cool is that for both the writer and the community?!

What an awesome opportunity for someone. A lot of hard work and dedication, but a heck of an experience.

Gotta throw the hat into the ring for this one for sure

Awesome awesome awesome idea. Cant wait to see who puts their name in the hat for this.

Pretty cool opportunity

Lightening strikes twice in one year on THP! Amazing opportunity here, and one I'm certainly going to put my best foot forward.

Last edited:
Very cool spot. Not an area of expertise for me but I look forward to seeing the articles that eventually come from this person.

This is sweet! It fits me better than the equipment testing did and if you read my Gauntlet recaps, you know that I certainly like to write. Looking forward to trying my hand!

Holy prophetic thinking, Batman. During one of our Gauntlet rounds, I remembered the last of these that Dan so deservedly got, and wished there would be another spot. (Yeah, I think of weird sh%t on the course sometimes!)

An absolutely incredible opportunity for the THP community. Can't even imagine the possibilities that could come from this. Tour events!? I hope anyone able to do this tries their hardest.

GL to whomever gets selected. Love reading all of the articles I can on here.

This sounds right up my alley. Been wanting to give back to the community for awhile now and this could be the perfect opportunity.

Even though my chances are slim to none, how much travel is expected?

Very very incredible opportunity, looking forward to someone joining the THP staff!!

can't wait to see who joins the staff

Get your AP Stylebook out suckas. I'm a harda$$.

:)

Good luck to all!

Oh how I wish my job allowed me to have more time for Travel when I want it. This would be such a great position and opportunity! Good luck to all who enter.

Can't wait to welcome a new staffer to the fray

Awesome opportunity for one lucky THPer. With my demanding work schedule, I am unable to take on any other responsibility like this. Good luck to all that enter!

Wow, what a fantastic opportunity. Good luck to all who submit an article.

Wow...what an opportunity! Good luck to anyone who takes the time to put together an entry.

Even though my chances are slim to none, how much travel is expected?

Very little. Travel will come when you want it to come.

Back