Wanted - THP Staff Writer

Just do it. Everyone should try, you'll only regret NOT trying IMO.
Best advice ever!
boys36b.png

Looking forward to throwing my hat in the ring for this one. I know there will be some awesome entries.

Mine is almost finished, but I want to read it over a couple of times before submitting. I really would like to give back to THP and covering the PGA tour is super exciting to me.

I really do hope people who are even remotely thinking about it go for it. Make no mistake, writing IS work and its not all fun and games like some think, but its rewarding as can be IMO.

Very, very cool for those entering! I have zero ability to write and my grammar is about as brutal as my golf swing right now so I will just be reading here!

I'm struggling in picking between 2 different ideas that I have. I have lots of stuff in my head, but it's hard to transfer this to a concise story. Frustrated right now, because I think that writing about this arena of golf would be more up my alley than writing about equipment.

I'm struggling in picking between 2 different ideas that I have. I have lots of stuff in my head, but it's hard to transfer this to a concise story. Frustrated right now, because I think that writing about this arena of golf would be more up my alley than writing about equipment.

I have to internalize this stuff a lot. What I end up doing when I am waffling between two stories is look at the audience and how its written and see which one is better suited. If it's a tie, then write the one that flows easier for you.

Can I just enter the current 5,000 word manuscript I'm working on for my job as my submission? :alien:

I've got my rough draft laid out for this. Just working on a few of the details. Will have it submitted by the deadline.

Can I just enter the current 5,000 word manuscript I'm working on for my job as my submission? :alien:

Sure. You wont get selected, but you can certainly enter it. :D

Sure. You wont get selected, but you can certainly enter it. :D
It's ok ... I've got my PGA Tour topic, going to put the final touches on it tonight. Hoping the topic resonates with people, it certainly does with me.

I am struggling with this a bit. I feel like I have a few decent ideas, but not sure which one gives me the best shot. I really want to do a good job with this, and I know I will, just need to get it done.

I have to internalize this stuff a lot. What I end up doing when I am waffling between two stories is look at the audience and how its written and see which one is better suited. If it's a tie, then write the one that flows easier for you.

Good advice. One topic just seems to flow better than the other, so I'll go with the one that comes easier to me. In terms of the audience, since I don't really know who that will be outside of yourself and GG, I think it just makes sense to write the story that I'm more passionate about and try to make good points in that story.

Good advice. One topic just seems to flow better than the other, so I'll go with the one that comes easier to me. In terms of the audience, since I don't really know who that will be outside of yourself and GG, I think it just makes sense to write the story that I'm more passionate about and try to make good points in that story.

Passion shows through in any writing, always. Go with that one.

Very good point. I was speaking of the audience meaning THPers. FWIW, I wont be reading these ones this time. We have some other judges in mind.

Very good point. I was speaking of the audience meaning THPers. FWIW, I wont be reading these ones this time. We have some other judges in mind.

Wait wait wait, I thought it was rigged.

/sarcasm

People are funny.

Apparently I won the thread.

I want to say it again though, from the bottom of my heart I hope that those who THINK they might want to go for it, do. You have to put yourself out there and let the chips fall where they may.

If I'm ever waffling between two creative ideas, I put myself in the reader/listener's shoes and ask "which one would I be most interested in reading about"?

What better way to try to reach an audience than by being a member of that very audience?

Article written, editing and proofreading tonight. It was fun getting the dust off the writing skills again!

1 more day, hopefully those that were even remotely interested took the time to toss their name into the hat for this awesome opportunity.

Just a little bump as I sit here putting the final touches to my piece.

Just wanted to say what a great opportunity awaiting a lucky THP'er.

I need more words, please. I'm on a damn roll. Can't stop. Too much info.

Time to condense brother.
Then it could lose something in the meaning...in the deepest parts of my creative mind! :bulgy-eyes:

I'm trying to tug on emotions here!

LOL

Then it could lose something in the meaning...in the deepest parts of my creative mind! :bulgy-eyes:

I'm trying to tug on emotions here!

LOL

You say emoticons !!! :blob::bananadance::D:banana::bomb::clapp::deadhorse::clown::cowboy::cyclops::drinks::desire::eat::eek::embarrassed::friends::flowers4u::glasses-cool::golf2::good::golf::guitar::in-love::kiss::love::meeting::mohawk::music::neutral::party::popcorn::present::pumpkin::rockon::rofl::sinister::snicker::stickbeat::thumb::thankyou::surrender::violin::welcome::wavey::whew::wink::zsimpsons:

Back