Wanted - THP Staff Writer

Its going to be earned to get the job, and it'll be earned to keep it. Golf is fun, we all adore talking golf and living golf, but make no mistake writing on deadlines is work. Everyone always loves to focus in only on the "perks" (and there are some truly truly truly awesome ones), but its also something that shouldn't be taken lightly.

As someone who writes for a living, and has deadlines to meet in that area, this is straight up truth. Definitely going to be a stressful job at times, but a truly satisfying one at that. Really looking forward to whomever gets selected. In the end, being so new to the golfing scene I just didn't think I was qualified for this position, but very interested in learning ... so heads up new THP writer ... I expect a good education! :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I understand the point that this is not some la-di-da gig, that there's work, there are expectations, there are deadlines. But I tend to subscribe more to this line of thinking.

"Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life." ~Confucius

~Rock

Having a passion for this definitely makes the hours I spend on it more enjoyable. It comes in cycles. Sometimes it's a grind, sometimes you love it.

Having a passion for this definitely makes the hours I spend on it more enjoyable. It comes in cycles. Sometimes it's a grind, sometimes you love it.

Bingo.

This is so much how I feel about my basketball gig. I really love it, but there are certain days I don't want to write or prep for the radio show. But in the end when it's go time, I love it and would hate not doing it. I certainly don't do it for the money.. I know you guys can relate to that.

That is exactly what my wife said. She knows my passion for golf and how much I currently dislike my current job and that I need to limit some of the hours I spend doing it. Now to see if my writing style or content fit the bill.

Either way I am excited to see what comes out of the position and buzz generated.

Yea and I think it goes beyond golf. You have to like to write, like debating, enjoy learning, accept that you might be wrong sometimes, etc. There's a lot more to it than just loving golf for sure.

Exactly...how many times have you picked up an article and thought, what was the author thinking? The thing about being a staff writer on a forum you need to be able to interact with those that either dispute or agree with your topic.

Yea and I think it goes beyond golf. You have to like to write, like debating, enjoy learning, accept that you might be wrong sometimes, etc. There's a lot more to it than just loving golf for sure.
Im a lawyer. Those requirements sound familiar.

~Rock

Exactly...how many times have you picked up an article and thought, what was the author thinking? The thing about being a staff writer on a forum you need to be able to interact with those that either dispute or agree with your topic.

All the time. The wife calls me an 80yr old man for all the times she's caught me yelling at XM radio or the tv when they're debating something and someone is way off on an opinion due to wrong facts etc.

I would have loved to have had a chance to be considered for this. I love the game of golf alot. Im so driven to get my game better and better. I am told I love to debate. Whoever gets this opportunity is very lucky.

All the time. The wife calls me an 80yr old man for all the times she's caught me yelling at XM radio or the tv when they're debating something and someone is way off on an opinion due to wrong facts etc.

And someone about golf carts and neutral...

I commend all of you that write reviews and articles for the forum, you bring us information that is pretty much unfiltered and real world results from real world people. Putting all of that in to a package that is readable by everyone is no easy task. Your work doesn't go unappreciated.

Thank you and thank you to all who entered to be the next in line.

Back