What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I played 9 with a pro v1 and 9 with a Taylormade tp red! Quite similar feel from both balls prov slightly longer with a touch more spin on chips and pitches! Both felt great offthe putter face!

I played the hex black tour. Good ball but the 330 is better for me

The 2011 Bridgestone B330-RX. I was playing a very tight course and decided to get in a full round as a reference to the 2012 RX & RXS I am currently testing. I still really like the 2011, but there is something about the 2012 RXS that is still drawing me to it. I will be testing the 2012 models again tomorrow.

Hit the Taylormade RBZ. I was pretty impressed with the spin going into the greens, very nice. Didn't really notice too much extra distance...typically I play the Bridgestone E5 which is supposed to be pretty similar to the RBZ. Next round i'm going to try to play both of the balls, maybe alternate every few holes to see which preforms best overall.

So how did the HEX play?

Wasn't bad. The rx is longer, but the hex had more green side spin. Both felt nice off the putter. Also had more side spin then the rx. For a lower spin player the hex would work nice

Played with the Cally Tour i(s) again yesterday. Flies long, straight, and checks up very well on the green.

Really like this ball. Is it strange that I game an all Titleist set of clubs but won't touch any of their golf balls? Just doing what's best for the ol' game.

Siri does my posting for me using Tapatalk.

Played with Srixon Q-Star and Z-Star XV.

The XV is awesome. I wish they weren't $45

Q is forgettable, I'd rather play an e6.

played a nike pd soft... pretty decent ball
it lasted the whole round and was great in the short game dept

I still really like the 2011, but there is something about the 2012 RXS that is still drawing me to it.

I'm with you on that one. Can't wait until our weather is up in the 70's to see how a softer ball preforms.

Played 18 yesterday with the Hex Black. I put the details in the Hex Black/Chrome thread. Short story, Ireally liked this ball. I did not find it to be noticeably long; just the same distance as other premium balls. Good spin off the irons(maybe too much sidespin for me) and a great feel. Fit my shortgame perfectly.

Used the next tour s. After five holes everyone in my group had one on their tee. Cost me a five dollar skin. Really like the length. But the feel o.vthe putter is like butter

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Used the next tour s. After five holes everyone in my group had one on their tee. Cost me a five dollar skin. Really like the length. But the feel o.vthe putter is like butter

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Hopefully you recouped your $5 by selling your balls to the rest of your foursome!

Callaway Diablo.

new ball from Srixon, called the Z-Star SL, a lower compression version of the Z-Star. Ball was ok, nothing to write home about, I played 9 holes at Tijeras Creek Golf Club and shot +4. I was given a sleeve of the new Callaway Hex Tour Black by a Callaway rep that I'm going to demo tomorrow. The ball I want is the Callaway Hex Chrome and the TM Penta TP 3 - I'm pretty sure that my 2012 ball will be the Hex Chrome from Callaway....I wished Titleist would do a 3-piece, lower compression, urethane cover ball (called the ProV1A ?)

Played the 2011 B330-RX yesterday. As I have said numerous times, this ball does it all for me. Dead straight off the tee with very nice performance on shots into the green and around the green. Optic yellow rocks!

Now if I could figure out a way to install a cup tracker for those 5 footers, I would be really good.

Wasn't bad. The rx is longer, but the hex had more green side spin. Both felt nice off the putter. Also had more side spin then the rx. For a lower spin player the hex would work nice

Was the RX noticeably longer or just by a couple of yards?

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

Still demoing Srixon balls with Q-Star still my favorite all around ball of the bunch. It's too damn cold to really get a good feel for anything.

Bridgestone E6. It was long and straight off the driver and straight off the irons; I even had some shots with backspin off the wedges. It's definitely my new favorite ball.

I haven't tried out the new penta tp5 on the course yet, but just putting around my living room I can feel a significant difference than the old Penta and Pro V. It feels really soft. Hopefully it doesn't scuff as easily as the old one. Rolling smooth off my Cameron.

Nike 20XI-S. Second round with this ball, and it performs like a beast for me. According to my friend I spun one back from 30 yards on a low pitch. Thats what I call spin right there. Outstanding off of the tee too,straight and long.

2012 Bridgestone B330-RXS, I am enjoying testing this ball and I am thinking I will purchase a dozen when the test balls are either lost or become too scuffed to game. Great ball IMO.

Finally played a callaway i(s) yesterday since my friend bought them cheap and wanted to try them out. I said wow a lot during the round, lol. Really liked the feel and spin on it. It was a little par 3 course (longest hole is only like 165, most are 80-130 yard shots) so I don't know how it works with anything other than wedges and short irons, but even if I lose some yardage, I still think I'll go out and stock up on these after the new hex stuff comes out. Maybe because I haven't bought premium stuff in a long time, but I really couldn't get over the control I had around the greens with the hitting, sticking, and spinning. Really liked it off the putter too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back