What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shot a 43/43=86 in the weekly blitz, parred 5 of the first six I played and then the wheels fell off, could not get it going again at all. 57.1% fairways and a meager 11.1% GIR. Good thing was only 1 three putt so used 32 putts for the round.

Another "kiss your sister" 80. I hate 80 (but I hate 81 more)

I'll kiss your sister for an 80 :D.

Kidding nice shooting. The beauty is that there is always tomorrow to get back out there!

Wasn't today, but played my last 9-hole round on Nov. 3rd. Shot a 50 which as far as I can remember is the best I've ever shot. Beat my dad for the first time. Hit 4 fairways, missed 1 to the left, 1 to the right, and failed to reach 1 (At least it went straight!)

3 putted to a bogey on the 2nd hole and 2 putted to a par on the 5th.

Would have made for a really nice round if I hadn't of tripled the 8th and 9th.

Shot a 41\42 83 today in the pouring rain, not as good as it sounds as the course was only a par 70, although 5 of the 6 par 3's were playing 185 or longer which was tough. Played "lift,clean,and place" in the fairway which helps. Was my 2nd round with the Cobra Amps and the Razr Fit and while my ballstriking, chipping, and putting were very good I was struggling bigtime off the tee again. I can't help but think that if I could be in the fairway more often I could break 80.

Nice sounds like the Amps are working for you.

Nice sounds like the Amps are working for you.

You would think so, but I'm not 100% convinced just yet. Don't get me wrong I really like them, I just don't know if the graphite shafts are right for me. I've shot some low scores lately but that has been mainly due to my short game improvements. I think with some more time, I could learn to really love these sticks, or on the other hand I could maybe have a falling out with the shafts. It's just such a dramatic change from the DG S300's I'm so used to.

You would think so, but I'm not 100% convinced just yet. Don't get me wrong I really like them, I just don't know if the graphite shafts are right for me. I've shot some low scores lately but that has been mainly due to my short game improvements. I think with some more time, I could learn to really love these sticks, or on the other hand I could maybe have a falling out with the shafts. It's just such a dramatic change from the DG S300's I'm so used to.

It's an adjustment I imagine they are a lot lighter but are they still stiff? It will come around

Did you stay away from the iguanas? I like Chandon park, it's a tough course

The iguanas werent the problem...
20121112_140640.jpg

8 over par

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I shot a 95 today but so be it. I've lost too many singles to buckjob.

I'll make my first post to this thread with my low round ever, and first time under 80. A 36-40 at my home club.

Weird thing is, on the front its normally tougher for me, but for 9 holes I could see every line. I had one chip hit the stick and stay out, another chip lipped out, one putt circled the rim and two others were within a centimeter of dropping. I could have shot 33 with a sneeze of luck.

On the back, nervous as hell, I could hardly control my hook (and so was fading some risky shots just to play it safe) and scrambled out enough bogies and pars to close with 40. The last 3 holes I was hooking everything dangerously close to the OB and replying on the golf gods and good luck to stay in.

My putting was on all day though, and 27 putts later, with only 7 fairways and 7 greens, my first sub 80 round and hopefully not the last. I golf with a big group of guys and fully expect all eyes skeptically on my tomorrow. Anything under 85 would be great, as I'll be taking my new rbz irons for their first round.

45/39 84 @ Trump Doral Silver course. Best part of my round is I played in 2 hours! First one off at 7am. I hadn't played this course in a couple months and I'm really impressed by Trump's influence so far. Biggest change was the greens. They were immaculate and very fast (supposedly an 11 per the starter). Almost every fairway had ground under repair circled off with new sod. Good to see money being spent to improve one of my favorite courses.

45/39 84 @ Trump Doral Silver course. Best part of my round is I played in 2 hours! First one off at 7am. I hadn't played this course in a couple months and I'm really impressed by Trump's influence so far. Biggest change was the greens. They were immaculate and very fast (supposedly an 11 per the starter). Almost every fairway had ground under repair circled off with new sod. Good to see money being spent to improve one of my favorite courses.

Man, I've got to get your number. I also had the 7am tee time on the Mclean course this morning but cancelled last night because I couldn't find anyone to play with. Good stuff!!

I'll make my first post to this thread with my low round ever, and first time under 80. A 36-40 at my home club.

Weird thing is, on the front its normally tougher for me, but for 9 holes I could see every line. I had one chip hit the stick and stay out, another chip lipped out, one putt circled the rim and two others were within a centimeter of dropping. I could have shot 33 with a sneeze of luck.

On the back, nervous as hell, I could hardly control my hook (and so was fading some risky shots just to play it safe) and scrambled out enough bogies and pars to close with 40. The last 3 holes I was hooking everything dangerously close to the OB and replying on the golf gods and good luck to stay in.

My putting was on all day though, and 27 putts later, with only 7 fairways and 7 greens, my first sub 80 round and hopefully not the last. I golf with a big group of guys and fully expect all eyes skeptically on my tomorrow. Anything under 85 would be great, as I'll be taking my new rbz irons for their first round.

Congrats on the new personal best Seamus, great first post in this thread. :clapp:

Man, I've got to get your number. I also had the 7am tee time on the Mclean course this morning but cancelled last night because I couldn't find anyone to play with. Good stuff!!

This is one of the great benefits of belonging to THP, finding near by THPers is always awesome. You two get 'er done and schedule a round together soon.

Thanks for the kind words on my PB. Followed it up today with a game ten strokes higher, a 40-46 where my putting saved me from it being a lot worse. To be fair, it was my first round using my new RBZ irons and I just didn't have a feel for them I was hooking ten when I played a draw, and wasn't hitting my driver well off the tee either.

That said, I carded 26 putts, nailing 5 10-12 footers and a nice 27 foot birdie for a skin. Shame to waste a beauty putting round on one where I could barely find a green (3 hit) or fairway (5 hit)

Last edited:
99999.jpg

38/37 = 75
10/14 FIR's
11/18 GIR's
-3 on Par 5's

Just tore up those par 5s, nice work Jman

Cool bro. I'll send you a PM next time I tee it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back