What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
44/40=84

It FINALLY happened for me. 41/38 for a 79. Was leaking oil coming home, going bogey, bogey and felt like I needed a par or bogey at worse to break 80. I had a 6 footer for par on 18, little left edge and thought I had to two putt to hit 79. Par putt went and I later found out, I had to make that par putt to finally break 80. I'm so effing excited right now. I hit irons so bloody well today and hit some great recovery shots and pitches. I was rolling my Newport 2 today and I couldn't miss a putt inside 8-10 feet. I don't know where I finished at with putts, but the confidence was sky high.

It FINALLY happened for me. 41/38 for a 79. Was leaking oil coming home, going bogey, bogey and felt like I needed a par or bogey at worse to break 80. I had a 6 footer for par on 18, little left edge and thought I had to two putt to hit 79. Par putt went and I later found out, I had to make that par putt to finally break 80. I'm so effing excited right now. I hit irons so bloody well today and hit some great recovery shots and pitches. I was rolling my Newport 2 today and I couldn't miss a putt inside 8-10 feet. I don't know where I finished at with putts, but the confidence was sky high.

Nice round Jeff

1 over 36 on the first nine holes in over a yeari think. Tee and greenwas great iron play left much to be desired.

Congrats Jeff!

1 over 36 on the first nine holes in over a yeari think. Tee and greenwas great iron play left much to be desired.

Hand feel good?

Hardly. I'm no plus handicap.

I don't understand the root of your sarcasm.

I think its a sincere compliment dude, Canadians aren't sarcastic ?

Shot a 51 today at the course down the road. Was annoyed almost the entire time. Driver was completely unpredictable. It used to be that I could play to my fade/slice but since I took those range lessons I now have a hook to contend with as well, so half the time I hook it, the other half it's a slice. My very last tee shot on #9 sent it right down the middle ... go figure. Finished +1 on the two par 3's (put myself about 50 feet away on the second one and three putted ... ugh). Had two three jacks and two penalties. Highlight of the round was a chip in for bogey, bounced it right off the flagstick. Who knows, maybe if I had warmed up and hit the range prior to playing I would have shot sub-50. Iron play was spotty, off the tee was horrid, fortunately chipping and pitching helped me out today (decided I was going to be aggressive with the wedges today, so I learned a valuable lesson). Got to get the putting under 2/hole.

I need to practice more. Going to see how I play a few more times before deciding to pull the trigger early on another lesson (wanted to go a couple of weeks to see if I could get the last lesson to sink in).

Well felt better tonight about my driver and had some nice drives to. Still have some slice in it but I am getting close to it. Other issues had a couple blow up putt holes after keeping it short then missing a short putt. So need to work on that. Irons felt great still just need to make sure I stay down and keep slow and they will work awesome. But had better chips tonight and feeling better about that. I have a feeling that 80's score is in reach now. I WILL GET THERE!!!

parkview3.jpg

I had time for 9 today at my home course.

Let me say this again, I had time for 9 today at MY home course, which is in Michigan, I Golfed in Michigan.

Ok, I shot a 51. started off with a pair of 7's and an 8 also in the 9.
Had one penalty on one of the 7's, and Fat dug in pitch shots (Pretty wet and sloppy) contributed to the other 7 and 8.

Not included in those 3 scores were:
A bogie that I 2 putted from 6'
A Birdie that I lipped out
2 punch outs from trees.

Could have been a pretty solid 9, had I simply went bogey, Bogey and not triple triple.
and leaving other shots on

I had time for 9 today at my home course.

Let me say this again, I had time for 9 today at MY home course, which is in Michigan, I Golfed in Michigan.

Ok, I shot a 51. started off with a pair of 7's and an 8 also in the 9.
Had one penalty on one of the 7's, and Fat dug in pitch shots (Pretty wet and sloppy) contributed to the other 7 and 8.

Not included in those 3 scores were:
A bogie that I 2 putted from 6'
A Birdie that I lipped out
2 punch outs from trees.

Could have been a pretty solid 9, had I simply went bogey, Bogey and not triple triple.
and leaving other shots on

nice, you deserve some playing weather!

Yes sir 100%.

Nah Dan is a scumbag.

I still think you're quite talented. plus, I enjoy hitting beside you on the range at THP events.. It's like I've drawn a crowd... except... they are there to watch you.

I still think you're quite talented. plus, I enjoy hitting beside you on the range at THP events.. It's like I've drawn a crowd... except... they are there to watch you.

Sucks they are let down so badly. You're a much better ball striker.

Jokes on themi guess.

Congrats on that sub-80 round Jeff! Now that you've done it, and know how to do it, you can do it again!

Awesome round, congrats!

First round of the year finally.
Shot a 95 with 32 putts.
Ball-striking was really good.
Short game was horrendous.
Easily gave away 10-12 strokes.

Oof! Not what I was hoping for today. Played a quick nine holes before work. Ended up with a 50, including 18 putts (two one putts an two three putts). I shot two pars, which was fun, but ended up with a triple, a couple of doubles, and some bogeys.... Oh well. Driving hurt me today. I had three really good drives, but the others were topped hooks that only went about 100 yards. My hybrid was awful today and when I went to use it, I ended up slicing the ball. Only found one sand trap (that took two shots to get out of, which helped lead to the triple bogey). Putter was solid, wedges were okay except for two chili dips. The low light was on the ninth hole when I pushed my drive and was about 25 yards short of the green (it was a par 3). I pulled out my 60 degree wedge and got ready to take a shot I have probably taken 500 times in the past two weeks.... AND BLADED IT..... INTO MORNING RUSH HOUR TRAFFIC!!!... fortunately no cars were hit, but the OB penalty resulted in a 6.

So glad golf is my hobby and not my way to make a living!!!

You will get them next time Acuna.

Didn't get to post this yesterday but I got 9 in after work and was 3 over. While on paper the score was just ok for me.... This was the first time I have used the Seemore on really good greens and I could finally see the fruits of my SPI labor paying off. I cannot recall the last time I played a round where every putt I hit except for one looked like it had a chance to go in 3 ft from the hole. It was very encouraging! Still struggling with the long irons as 3 of the 4 greens I missed were with 4-5 irons in my hands.

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Played my home course today. 54 over 12 holes +7

Best round of the year so far. Things are starting to fall in place. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back