What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The front was ugly.... but I shot a 44 on the back 9! That is a personal best! :alien2:

I bet you have some beautiful courses in the Netherlands but they are probaly pretty darn tough too! 44 is a great score so GOOD for you Two :eek:)

I shot a 113 today. I was pretty happy with my short game though and especially my pitching. I've been working hard on it on the chip/putt green and at the range and I put three less 25yders up within 20' of pin! I normally fly the green when I'm pitching up onto it so I was jumping around like a silly girl.

i met my brother today and we played at High Vista Country Club: www.highvistagolf.com

it's a really tough/demanding golf course. we played from the white tees (about 6400 yards) and it was a challenge. it is a gorgeous course with fantastic views, but rarely did you ever have a nice flat lie on those fairways. we had a great time together and i wish that we could play together more often.

anyway, i shot 43/43 for an 86. i'm not too pleased with that effort but i felt like i hit the ball better than i scored. i hit a lot of fairways but had a tough time hitting GIR. the greens were tiny, and extremely narrow. probably the smallest greens i've ever played on. the sand was tough to get out of (just ask my brother) b/c it was really hard and it wasn't conducive to blasting shots from the bunker. i putted terribly today. i missed way too many short putts and that was frustrating.

Played 45 holes yesterday:

First Round, shot 41 / 40 for an 81.

Second Round, shot 43 / 37 for 80.

Third time around, front nine put up 39.

Not a bad day by any means, but my putting and chipping were pure awful for the most part. Had eagle putts from less than 10 feet on 2 occasions that I missed, missed both my birdie and par putts after driving a par 4, and missed at least 6 or 7 birdie putts that were definitely makeable. My bright spots were my driver, short irons, and chipping in on 18 for eagle at the end of my second round.

i met my brother today and we played at High Vista Country Club: www.highvistagolf.com

it's a really tough/demanding golf course. we played from the white tees (about 6400 yards) and it was a challenge. it is a gorgeous course with fantastic views, but rarely did you ever have a nice flat lie on those fairways. we had a great time together and i wish that we could play together more often.

anyway, i shot 43/43 for an 86. i'm not too pleased with that effort but i felt like i hit the ball better than i scored. i hit a lot of fairways but had a tough time hitting GIR. the greens were tiny, and extremely narrow. probably the smallest greens i've ever played on. the sand was tough to get out of (just ask my brother) b/c it was really hard and it wasn't conducive to blasting shots from the bunker. i putted terribly today. i missed way too many short putts and that was frustrating.

Good show buddy! Anytime you play a brand new course and break 90 it's a bonus! I like your brother too although he needs to shave his legs a grow that Amish beard for Bama to make fun of down in Florida.

Hey-- You should have seen my clumsy attempt at swinging the golf club the correct way today :banghead:... Boy it's going to be a long row to hoe!!!!!! A little embarassing to say the least :golf3:

Good show buddy! Anytime you play a brand new course and break 90 it's a bonus! I like your brother too although he needs to shave his legs a grow that Amish beard for Bama to make fun of down in Florida.

Hey-- You should have seen my clumsy attempt at swinging the golf club the correct way today :banghead:... Boy it's going to be a long row to hoe!!!!!! A little embarassing to say the least :golf3:

thanks man. i wasn't too happy with my effort. i hit the ball way better than i scored but that's golf. little brother had a great back 9 today, i was proud of him. i started out great on the back 9 then made a bad error on the tee by pulling a 3w that i proceeded to bash through the fairway into someone's yard O.B. it's never good when you're hitting 3 of the tee, haha.

you'll get that swing down buddy. just be patient and be prepared to be frustrated, it'll be worth it!

Play a twilight round this evening and shot a 75 .... not bad considering i was playing with our club champ.

Was only able to get in 14 holes before I had to leave to get to work on time,was 3 over thru 14. 9/10 fwy's ,9/14 greens

Shot an 82 today. Struggled at the onset of the round; 1 bogey and 2 doubles in the first 4 holes. I figured it out after that, but I hate starting a round like that.

shot a 92 yesterday. a 46 on the front and then started the back nine off with four pars, then went triple, double, bogey, triple, double. :banghead: :banghead:

well i followed the advice of amollerud and didnt score my round yesterday(declared it a practice round)...
i couldnt get off the tee to save my life... everything else seemed on the money...
had a few putts that blew by the hole...
chipping was crazy good yesterday... even had one go in from 20yrds out...
pitching was great... got all of them onto the green(even if it was my 3rd/4th shot)...
approach shots could need more work...
teebox was my enemy the whole round

i shot 90 today. 46 on the front with a 10 on the card. :(
5 x 3 putts, and my driver was misbehaving..

Shot an 85 this morning.. actually improved my putting dramatically after working on it in the house last night, even rolled in an eagle putt on the par 4 17 that I usually drive and 3 putt.

Driver performed well, hitting all but 1 fairway. Second shot and chipping were what led to bogeys / double bogeys. I may start avoiding all the par 3's on my course until I find out what is wrong with my irons.

Saturday 5/15 Gordon Lakes Pine/Island 6500 yds
Nice warm morning 0800 shotgun start

7 par 5 5
8 par 4 5
9 par 4 4
1 par 4 3
2 par 4 4
3 par 4 5
4 par 4 5
5 par 4 5
6 par 3 3

7 par 5 6
8 par 3 3
9 par 5 6
1 par 4 4
2 par 4 5
3 par 5 5
4 par 3 3
5 par 4 4
6 par 3 3

Score 38 Pine/40 Island - 78 (+6)

Today was just not my day for quality golf. I struggled with tempo for 12 holes, then finally settled in to swing better for the final 6, hitting those last 6 greens. The putter was a beast all day - the greens are slow and grainy, and the putter never felt right on them. I ultimately hit 11 greens, but many of those were not very close - and 36 putts :at-wits-end: including 3 official 3 putts and two more from inches off the green. Mostly a forgettable round, but great company made it an enjoyable day.

I had to come back to edit this - I left out one unusual thing that happened today. On my 10th hole, a par 5 with the lake all the way down the left side, I hit my drive du jour, a slight pull slight hook up that side, and watched it jump further left. When I arrived, it was in the lake several feet offshore, but the water is shallow there and the ball was equator deep. So, off came the shoes and socks and I went in with the 8 iron. I gouged it out about 100 yards, leaving 171 to the pin, considerably better than a penalty drop - I only got a few drops on me. From there I put a 7 iron on, but followed with my putt du jour, the three jack for bogey.

Last edited:
Just made a tee-time for right after work. 4:30. Going to see if I can squeeze in 18 walking (but its gonna be close).

Goals of the round:
1. hit with confidence despite the horrible range sessions recently
2. don't try to fix my swing as I go- groove the one I have, even if I am not getting good results
3. distance control on my putter- last time out I +10 on my season average because I couldnt stop the ball within 8 ft of the hole.

I haven't decided if I am going to keep score. What do people think?

Just made a tee-time for right after work. 4:30. Going to see if I can squeeze in 18 walking (but its gonna be close).

Goals of the round:
2. don't try to fix my swing as I go- groove the one I have, even if I am not getting good results
3. distance control on my putter- last time out I +10 on my season average because I couldnt stop the ball within 8 ft of the hole.

Rx just go out and have fun.
Keeping score sometimes puts too much pressure on one's self. Just go out and play and trust your swing.

Goals of the round:

I would play 9 rather than try and rush 18, and use the round as a practice session rather than be uptight about it. Carry a couple different balls in your pocket, and if you flub a shot then drop another ball and practice hitting that shot to look how you want it to. Mess around with different shot combinations on holes -- I played Thursday by myself and carried 2 balls and 2 clubs to the tee box of every par 3. For example, I wanted to see if I liked hitting a strong PW or a softer 9 iron onto the green on hole 4. It definitely helped my confidence when I went out today, as I knew exactly what club I wanted to pull on every hole and in nearly every situation.

I shot a "decent" 80. I managed to hit 7/13 fw, 11/18 greens. But I 3 putted the last 2 holes (bogies) for an 80. 35 putts total and an 80 isn't too shabby in my books.

4 rounds of skeet

Those skeet are fun to shoot but hard to cook.

played a quick 9... once again i didnt score the round... which im glad i didnt...
couldnt get off the teebox again... finally figured it out on the last teebox (i changed my grip)...
approach shots were great when i had a mid iron in my hand or less...
pitching and chipping were on point...
putting wasnt as good as yesterday... left everything short today

50-52 on a course I have never played before. That's pretty god for me.

Plus, I hit every fairway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back