What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
shot 5 over today during another practice round using my alignment sticks
besides one shank and a few fat ones and one lost ball i hit the ball relatively decent
its amazing what the correct aim will do for my game

So after a good day of exciting NFL games. My sepson and me went and played 9. He is just starting the game and anychance i get i take him out and have a good time with him. Well it turned out to be one of my best rounds so far this year.
1: i bombed my drive to about 10 yds short of the green. It is a 302 yd par four. birdied it and moved on.

2: whooped me a little as usual. 190 par three and ive yet to hit the green on it. got a double

3: sliced the drive but made up with the second shot dropping my 6 iron about two feet on the gree from about 175 out. then two putted

4: Nice drive but the overshot the green on second shot. This hole is a very short par 5 at 395. I then proceeded to cip in the bunker and then two put.

5: nice long straight drive them rolled off the back of the green on second shot. Saddly i three putted that one.

6. Yet again the slice came back but it set a decent second shot up. Skulled a seven iron for second shot and rolled the green. boggy after leaving puts short again.

7 Yet another short par 5. crushed drive and second shot on front fringe of green. three putt story of the day agin.

8 this is a par three with a horrible green and i just guve myself a two put if i hit the green from the tee. so pared this one with a nice 7 iron off the tee.

9. Had a great drive and left me about 90 yd out. nice 54 deg shot left me with a 10 foot putt and some how i drained it.

I wanted to keep going and do 18 but my step son was getting tired from chasing his ball every where and the wife called and asked how to light the grill. So that ment i had to get home imediatly.

+5 on the front nine for a 40 - lipped out 3 putts from inside 6 feet. Played well over all though. Should have scored better.

Only had time for nine this evening. Played well with two birdies and three bogeys for 37.

Played the back tees, walked (and tired). 36-44 80. A good round turned into a struggle on the twelfth hole!

Shot an 88 at Orchard Valley in Aurora, IL. A very solid round for me, had I been able to read a green it would have been a really good round. The driver was good, I hit my irons well, used the three wood twice, (lost the only ball of the round with one of those).
The coolest part was I played with the club pro and held my own.

Friday Sep 9 1440 tee time 88 degrees
Lake View

1 par 4 4 5
2 par 4 5 7
3 par 5 6 9
4 par 3 3 6
5 par 4 4 8
6 par 3 4 5
7 par 5 4 9
8 par 4 4 8
9 par 4 4 6

SAM 38 Mrs SAM 60

Another trip out Friday, we play the Lake View nine, which is obviously 3 strokes harder than the Pine View nine, since we both shot 3 strokes higher than Thursday.

Saturday Sep 10 0800 tee time shotgun start 58 degrees warming to 84
Island View / Lake View

4 par 4 4
5 par 4 4
6 par 3 3
7 par 5 6
8 par 3 3
9 par 5 5

1 par 4 3
2 par 4 4
3 par 5 5
4 par 3 5
5 par 4 4
6 par 3 4
7 par 5 5
8 par 4 4
9 par 4 6

1 par 4 6
2 par 4 4
3 par 4 4

Island 39 Lake 38 - 77

This was a round that got away. I started nicely with three fairway and green pars, but at my fourth tee I hit it long up the right side (lake left) but my ball wound up directly behind and almost against a pine, forcing me to chip out sideways, which led to bogey. That was followed by two more standard pars, and then I nearly holed out my SW approach at my 7th hole and made birdie from 4 feet. I was proud of the next hole - I went long into the left rear greenside bunker and found my ball in a deep heelprint with the pin front right - I blasted neatly to about 10 feet and made the par putt. After a couple more rather standard pars, I again found a greenside bunker, this time with an excellent lie and a fairly easy shot, which I proceeded to chunk badly and leave 25-30 feet short. I studied the putt from both sides and then made a fist-pumping sink for par. This kept me at even par thru 11 holes. I hit the green center w/7I on the next hole, a par 3 at 171, and lagged up 3 feet short but under the hole - that par putt went in right center - and then looped around and back out toward me somehow - +1. After another easy par, I popped a long drive at my 14th hole, but hit my 90 yd LW approach so fat I was still 40 yards short. I pitched to 15 feet behind the hole, but made the best putting stroke of the day and dropped it center cut for par. Then the wheels came completely off for two holes and the good round disappeared. I tried to smash my drive at my 15th hole and swung too hard, dipping my right shoulder under it and pull hooking into the trees left. Then I gambled for too much from 210 and hit another tree.... and another ARRGGHHH - double bogey. Steaming I go to my 16th tee and pull my 3W, which I simply have no confidence in these days, and I literally topped and rolled it into the left swamp for a penalty, and tho a coupla shots later I nearly chipped in for bogey, it was only 'nearly' - double bogey back-to-back. I finished the last two holes well with two good looks at birdie that didn't fall, but the damage was done - Red Grange today.

Last edited:
I knew it was soon to happen. Shot a lousy 84 today. Lost to my 14 year old daughter by 4 strokes. Not only did she soundly beat me, but on the 17th hole, a 220ish yard par 4, she hit a 3W tee shot to the right fringe. She chipped that bad boy in from about 40' for her first ever eagle.

79 yesterday for her first sub 80 round. 80 today which included the eagle and defeated the old man.

She had a pretty good weekend. I'm so pleased for her.

Kevin

Congrats to Junior Lancer!

I knew it was soon to happen. Shot a lousy 84 today. Lost to my 14 year old daughter by 4 strokes. Not only did she soundly beat me, but on the 17th hole, a 220ish yard par 4, she hit a 3W tee shot to the right fringe. She chipped that bad boy in from about 40' for her first ever eagle.

79 yesterday for her first sub 80 round. 80 today which included the eagle and defeated the old man.

She had a pretty good weekend. I'm so pleased for her.

Kevin

Wow! That's awesome! Sounds like you have a prodigy on your hands.

I shot another 41 today, which could have easily been a 39 or even a 38. The double bogey on #9 really cost me. I don't want to give away too much because I haven't posted my update for the Boccieiri FW testing thread yet, but I had a great setup on the last hole, thanks to the heavy 3w. Then I hit PW 145 yds (only had 130 to the pin) into the pond behind the hole.

played Saturday, went 50-38 for an 88

the 38 was a bogey on 10, then 4 straight pars, then a stupid double in which I was in the fairway off of the tee, finished off by 3 straight pars.

41 yesterday afternoon. Hit a great drive on #1 and proceeded to sha*k the next two. I just about picked up my ball and walked off, but I didn't. Other than 2 putting every green it wasn't too bad for the remaining 8 holes.

So sick of this shoulder brace and knowing that tomorrow I have played my last round for a while when things finally start clicking...went out today and shot a 33 (-3). Started 3/4 GIRs (1 was fringe) where I sank 3 birdie putts and missed the birdie chip by 2 inches. I followed with a great M4 shot that held the green after a short drive and just missed another birdie putt from 20'. Next hole was a long par 3 that I teed up a bit high landed just short of the green and chipped long to leave myself a nasty double breaker downhill putt that I managed to lag close for bogey. Parred the next few holes and then after misjudging the distance on 9 I hit my 3wood just off the FW but managed to stick a 9 iron within 4 feet for a birdie to close the round.

Total stats were: 13 putts, 6/7 FWs, 5/9 GIRs.

Played 9 holes with my girlfriend, shot 32, -4. Birdied all three par 3s! Seeing her hit some good shots gave me more joy than mine own though.

76 on Saturday, putted pretty well for me 31 putts, got up and down 3 or 4 times, 10 fwys and 9 gir.

Went out for 9 holes and played the best golf of my life. I have felt like I was close for a while now and finally put it all together. Hit 6/7 fairways, 6/9 greens in regulation and averaged 1.7 Putts per hole. And the GIR's were dropping right on top of the pin. Unfortunately the two bad shots of the day cost 4 strokes and I ended up with a 40 (missed the birdie putt for a 39 by 1 ball). Still it is fun when GHIN says "This is lower than your normal scores, are you sure you want to post?"

Now I feel like I can do it which will reset my expectations and hopefully help me keep the nerves under controll the next time I realize I am even par on the 6th tee box.

Shot +2 in a school match today, par 37. I will post hole by hole in the "BulldogsGolf Season Thread" thread I have started. Check it out.

BDG

Played my first round in 3 weeks today, shot 85. Actually hit the ball pretty well, but cost myself a lot of shots from 100 yards and in. I also had a quadruple bogey on the 17th hole, which is my nemesis hole on that course. Even so, it was still nice to get back out there, going to get a couple more rounds in later this week.

Today I finally took my New Irons to the course. I played at Summit Pointe golf club in Milpitas, CA. We played from the white Tees. 6193 yards with slope 131. I shot an 85 today best round in the past Month! My driver was on today I hit 9/14 fairways but only 3/18 greens in regulation and had 32 putts. I was coming up short on most of my approach shots. I was trying to make a good swing and did not really hit the ball. The ball flight was straighter than my old irons. I think I just need to trust my swing and not try to baby the shots. I noticed that when on Par 3 if I tee the ball up the ball goes very high.I feel that when get use to these irons I think I can really improve my Handicap. Had 2 excellent drives today one 302 and the other 325 (cart path Bounce).
633da666-9591-ba45.jpg

Great day for both of us today!

I shot 89, broke 90 for the first time since around June or July of 2009. Jacqui shot 91, her lowest score by I believe 6 shots.

Tried a belly putter today; had 39 putts. It is different using that than a standard putter, but I felt it was going where I wanted it to; just gotta work on distance.

Got of work early and managed to play 9 holes. Couldn't make any putts at all, they kept lipping out and horseshoeing on me on at least 4 holes. Ended up with a 45 which was still one of the best 9 I played. Learned a lot about course management though, not to mention enjoyed a beautiful afternoon with a friend.

wow i had a bad round and my swing change really destroyed me, first time out since we started played a very nice private course. definetely one of the harder courses i have played in a long time. played the tips 6598 yards 72/129 shot a 45/49 for a 94. i had 6 lost balls. very tight course and lots of water in play. was a little beaten by how bad i played. but i guess taking a few steps back will make me a much better player. thank god i only have 4 rounds planned till i prob take off for the winter and really work on my swing at golftec and be ready by march.

Played a new course today and shot a 41-39 80 not bad but my wife once again beat me with a 40-37 77. Looks like I am doing the laundry again this week. This is getting old as she has beat me 4 of the last 5 times we have played. I am going to have to take her new clubs away from her for a while. :beat-up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back