What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
46/42 for 88 at Pinehurst #2. Will ESC to 86. Started off super shaky and just wasn't comfortable at all. Wish I could have played the first 3 holes over (+7 after 3 is never a good start). Settled down and really enjoyed the course. I've been wanting to play the course for many years for all the history that has happened there. After watching the Mens and Womens US Opens there last year I wasn't in a hurry. Not because of the brownness of the course, but just because none of the holes seemed to standout to me. They all seemed very similar. I'll say that is not the case after playing it in person. I enjoyed the course a lot and would play there again in a heartbeat. The character of each hole is much more easily seen in person. TV just did not do a good job of showing the elevation changes and sloping, which really added to my enjoyment. Course is super challenging, especially in the short game. I consider myself a decent short game player and struggled today. The turtle back greens are just so intimidating. Greens are playing fast and very firm after getting Bermuda put in after last years two USGA events. Approaches are tough because the greens effective size are often 3/4 or 1/2 the actual size due to the turtlebacks. Just a very fun and challenging course that I'd like to play again.
Played from 6,300 yards. The course was set up for the North South Amateur tournament that was teeing off behind us. The caddie with our group said the pin placements today were the same used on Sunday during last years Men's Open.

11 FWY, 6 GIR, 36 putts (two 3-putts), 1 Penalty (O.B. on the #3rd off the tee, with a snap hooker)
1 Birdie, 6 pars, 7 bogies, 2 doubles, 2 triples.

40/46-86. Started off with 4 straight pars and had a 10 footer for birdie on 5. Wound up 3 putting and things went downhill from there. I'm getting back out there again tomorrow so hopefully can put together a better round.

Played in a scramble at a pretty tough course today and I carried my team. We played well and shot -8. The best part?

On my own ball, I had an Eagle and three birdies! Probably the best round I've ever played. I ate the Par 5's alive today and I was giving myself birdie putts almost every hole. Too bad it was a scramble!

81, 40/41 @ CC of Miami East course. 8/14 FIR, 4/18 GIR & 28 putts. Thank you golf gods for giving me a decent short game.

I shot 36/36 today for an even round of 72. I had 5 birdies, 5 bogeys and 8 pars. This was my best round I have ever shot! Super pumped about today's round!

Played 27 today and hit the ball very good. Had a few bad holes and swings but went 42,40,42 for my scores. So 82 on 18 and then 42 on replaying the back 9.

In 105+ heat (w/index) and recently punched greens, I managed a nice 82 with two balls in the woods.

I'm "back" in the game by playing nine tonight in the MGA event. Today was my first swings in 7 weeks and it showed but I don't care it was good to be playing again. A double, three bogies and five pars for 41.

86 on another difficult course. 45-41. Back was ok front was fair after a horrid start. I need to start scoring early in the round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I shot 36/36 today for an even round of 72. I had 5 birdies, 5 bogeys and 8 pars. This was my best round I have ever shot! Super pumped about today's round!

Congrats!

40/41 at Bedford Hills Wolverine/Buckeye combo. Not the best driving day but this course is much more forgiving to wayward tee shots so almost none of them were penal in any real way.

Last edited:
Started my league match tonight lost ball (approach) double-lost ball (tee shot) double-three putt double; and then "recovered" for a 43. Pulled the old mongolian reversal on my opponent and won my match (points) 14-6. Still working on TEMPO, and I really am striking the ball well, the old flatstick is in hiding though.

Shot 41 for 9 after work. Irons are feeling really solid, but a little bit left sneaking in on the longer clubs.

I shot 44 today and it should have been under 40 as my short game was just atrocious. I hit the ball extremely well off the tee and even hit my irons really well, but chipping and putting really hurt me today. I clearly need to focus on my short game as that has really hurt me my last 4-5 rounds

Nice and tidy 35 tonight. Was close to a lot of greens but not actually on, making my putting stats kind of obscene.

3 of 9 greens. 5 of 7 fairways. 12 putts.

Seven pars. One bogey. One dirty eagle.

minus missing greens, it was fun!

got out late this afternoon.....hit my irons really well today 42/43 = 85

Got out early this morning and shot an eight over 79. Only got up and down once with no birdies. If I had a short game I would be dangerous.

worst round of 9 holes in years, shot 48, 12 over par, did not have a penalty stroke, hit 8 trees, only hit one fairway, hit 2 greens, 3 putted one and almost made a hole in one for the other green i hit. 187 yard 4 iron to about 12" and opponent gave me the putt. need to get my timing dialed in and to stop swing left with driver.

Shot a 92. It was either really good or really bad. Nothing inbetween. Made two birdies , 7 pars, 8 doubles and a +5 on a par 4 on which I hit two tee shots OOB.

I shot a terrible 46 in league last night. When I had a good tee shot, it wasn't bad, but my bad ones were tough to recover from. Just a bad day.

Went 87, 84, 91 this past week.

Had only 23 putts in the 84 round and 40 in the 91 round. Needless to say, keeping stats shows where I need to improve.

Forgot to post my three rounds from the KC event.
89, 90, 84 (46/38). Two scores count toward my recent handicap, which is 11.2 index GHIN.

I just realized that I have never actually posted to this thread and just have read it. My last 5 rounds are as follows. 74 / 86 / 83 / 74 / 76. GHIN average is sitting at 82.2 for my last 20

Shot a really weird 40/43-83 last night. I didn't play bad really, but my score was. The reason was that I yipped 3 putts from inside of two feet, with two of those on the same hole that resulted in a 4 putt from 15 feet. Not including those three putts, I would have only been +5 going to 18. It was definitely a round filled with brain farts, intermittently dispersed throughout a round with some good golf overall. Might be an extension of some recent stress that has me all twisted up inside. I hate when life gets in the way of golf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back