What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For as good as last Friday was.... Today was just plain bad. Shot an 84 at Idle Hour in Macon, GA. Played 7050 Par 70 from the tips. 4/14 fairways 8/18 greens and 35 putts. I didnt feel like i hit the ball that bad, just missed it in the worst possible spots and had no short game.... There will be days like this and I got to come home to my little buddy so all is good!

That course is tough! I took lessons there for about a year and played tournament golf there a few times. Lane Creek will seem easy tomorrow.

Last couple of rounds: 90, 92, 87, 85.

Played with j4u at deer creek and shot PB 74 (35,39). Had a real chance at par but gave away a few shots on the back including a 3 putt par from 9ft on a 295yd par 4. All in all a great time!
That was outstanding to watch! You were on fire!

35 on front 9 before Kang came to save me from a 6 hour round.

Then went 40/39...was an outstanding day!

Shot an 89 at Blue Mash in Maryland. Harder course than I expected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

98 at Geneva National Player course, worst round In months. I putted pretty well or it could have been worse. Had no idea where the ball was going off the tee. Bad feeling. Hopefully sat is better!

45/41 for my first round at my new home course, Highland Meadows GC in Sylvania, OH. Played the blues at 6416 yards. I love this course. Someday I'll do a full review of it.

c3248eae7c9d2c7462543207fc9119a1.jpg
1a257d3c6e86cb096d61d293fc4ef05a.jpg
2dd5cb8d01d928688efa63e542ef7ccc.jpg

Struggled a bit on a course I've only played once before like 7 years ago. Tough track with a lot of elevation changes and fast greens. Broke 90 but wasn't thrilled with it. My approaches were ****. I was out of position on a lot of holes despite hitting a good amount of fairways. I blocked myself out with trees and such, putting myself in long approaches over trouble or impossible angles having to bend my shots way more than I'm capable of. GIR was way down in comparison to my last 3 rounds. But I battled and still have myself chances at par. The greens were just quicker than I'm used to. Also playing in the evening is not what I'm used to. Teed off at 5:15. My eye sight is bad that time of day even with my prescription oakleys Til it was too dark and then regular glasses....just tough to read greens that time of day for me.

But I ended the day sharing a coke with myself
dc1f7f910d0220c3b695873323eb8913.jpg

I used my overly-forgiving-not-very-serious-golfer Apex irons to hit 8 greens tonight.

Finished with a 37 thanks to the course punching the greens -- But it was a delightful 37.

WTF aerating in August ?

WTF aerating in August ?

They do it a couple times a year with a very fine punch to let the green breath. It helps to dry it out without burning it out to get the speed up. I think their goal is to keep the course at an 11+ for the next month or so which is absolutely awesome.

They do it a couple times a year with a very fine punch to let the green breath. It helps to dry it out without burning it out to get the speed up. I think their goal is to keep the course at an 11+ for the next month or so which is absolutely awesome.

They recently punched ours and I although it's a minor inconvenience, we have some really nice greens at our course.

Yesterday, with Icey, I shot a belligerent 95. 51/44. I had 7 straight double bogeys on the front. Pretty much missed everywhere you couldn't miss. Back 9, I just didn't make putts

98 at Geneva National Player course, worst round In months. I putted pretty well or it could have been worse. Had no idea where the ball was going off the tee. Bad feeling. Hopefully sat is better!

Wish I'd have been there. #stupidwork

Yesterday, with Icey, I shot a belligerent 95. 51/44. I had 7 straight double bogeys on the front. Pretty much missed everywhere you couldn't miss. Back 9, I just didn't make putts

any lost balls? How penalizing is missing the fairway?

any lost balls? How penalizing is missing the fairway?

I lost three. One I lost on an approach shot, after I bladed it OB. Not overly penal off the fairway. The killer is missing the greens. Every green is elevated and sloped massively. I missed a lot of greens in deep bunkers and was in the sand often.

Played Wokefield Park in Reading, UK yesterday and had a poor day of 49/49. It's a fairly classic links course and the fescue just loved me. Ended the day with more balls than I started, but none of the actual balls that I started with!

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

They recently punched ours and I although it's a minor inconvenience, we have some really nice greens at our course.

Yeah I don't mind these mid-season ones.... By the weekend they won't even be noticed -- And the greens will be FASTER!

Shot a 47 (46 ESC) on the front yesterday. Played the back nine today and shot a 49 (48 ESC). Had two par's but continued to struggle off the tee. Was off the fairway by a couple yards on several drives, but struck one which went horribly awry and resulted in a triple. Despite that, approached the par 5 #18 with a 40 on my card. Put my shot roughly 230 yards out and just off the fairway. I then proceeded to top my next two shots, hit my fourth into the sand. Skull my sand shot over the green and into a bush where I had to left hand my way out of, and then after chipping onto the green, two putt for a nine. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot. So, out of 18 holes, I played 15 pretty good, only to throw up all over myself on the other three. If I could figure out how not to do that, I'd be in good shape ... as it were, meh. I need to be more consistent and accurate.

That's exemplified by hole #15. Hit a good drive, around 230 again and in the fairway (only time today). I was 135 from the pin. I pulled my 8 iron and topped it, placing me roughly pin high but off the green. Wound up with a bogey. I pulled a second ball just to see what I could do ... perfect shot, hit the green and rolled to within 5 feet of the hole. I tapped it in for "birdie". If I could just hit my actual shot like I hit the practice ones ... I'd be golden.

Shot my lowest 9 ever at Shark River on the front last night. 4 birdies and a bogey for 33. So close to being a 31 with 2 lip outs. No matter how good of a round there is always shots left out there.

Played and walked 36 today. 83 and 79. Played pretty solid all day.

40-46 for 86 on a par 70. Had a 10 on a par 4 on the back that torpedoed my score. I'm going through the phase in swing changes where nothing feels natural and it sucks right now. The bright spot at the end of the round is that I chipped in for eagle on a par 5, it was my second eagle ever!

Shot a 77 today
35 Front with 2 birdies, 1 bogey, 6 pars
42 Back with 2 doubles, 3 bogies, 1 birdie, 3 pars
Left numerous putts in the jar but a roll short.
I was +1 through 15 and finished Double, Double, Bogey as my Ibuprofen (Hips and Back) wore off on the later holes and cost me dearly, but can't blame it all on that.

Nice putting, Cace!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back