What Do You Want To Learn About Golf Equipment?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
It could be nothing.
It could be some pretty complex stuff.

What are you eager to learn more about?

I'd like to learn more about different shafts from drivers to wedges.

Shafts: I want to learn everything about new designs.. Not just presumed spin/flight, but rather where the flex changes, why, and how that impacts feedback/results.
Clubs: New tech is changing the game every year, and I want to know what is driving it, and why I want to hit it + how they are getting to that point

It could be nothing.
It could be some pretty complex stuff.

What are you eager to learn more about?

If I could learn what equipment characteristics are truly best for me and my swing.

I really don't have a desire to learn very much. I'm more interested in just finding what works best for me and then enjoying the game.

• Admin
If I could learn what equipment characteristics are truly best for me and my swing.

Here is a side note question. What if you learned was right for you, was not something that fit your eye?

Dude... I can't decide if the Handcrafted experience would be the greatest thing ever for you, or would break you forever and ever hahaha!

I would absolutely play it. And be quite happy. I get so confused trying to figure out what shaft characteristics fit my wonky swing traits

I want to learn more about CG in metalwoods as well as irons. I want to know about the manipulation to achieve a certain CG and the tight rope that has to be walked to achieve it.

Dude... I can't decide if the Handcrafted experience would be the greatest thing ever for you, or would break you forever and ever hahaha!

I feel like it would make me more dangerous in my own head hahaha

Spin. What has the biggest effect on it, and when it matters/when it doesn't. When if ever is spin too high or too low.

What will shaft flex actually have the biggest effect on if it's too soft/strong.

I guess the golf thing I want to learn would be more fitting related.

How different shafts would affect ball flight/trajectory/spin etc, when compared against each other (even if it was by the same user).
How that could benefit one's game.

Other things: What smaller companies are bringing forward really beneficial technology. What companies that you might not have heard of before, are primed to make a really big impact.

Shafts and what characteristics are best for my swing.

Optimal CG for my swing as well

Shafts - two things in particular.
#1 - Better understanding of the various shaft characteristics and designs available (graphite and steel)
#2 - Better understanding of the various measurements used in fitting and the validity of each in determining the 'perfect' shaft for any one golfer

I need to learn how to get the most out of what I have to work with.

I wish I had paid more attention to the numbers from Lake Jovita, having only looked at the total carry not if I was getting what I should be it (high spin, low spin, perfect spin?) for my SS, launch, etc . Then hitting the XXIO and seeing what appeared to be a pretty substantial distance gain, but that was only one swing and I ran away from it. I have a weakness and that is an expensive tool.

I want to better understand shafts and the characteristics and technology behind them and how they can benefit me.

also want to get a better understanding of the golf swing

I want to know how much further they can make the ball go? I mean how much more technology can these guys squeeze into these club heads and shafts?

Here is a side note question. What if you learned was right for you, was not something that fit your eye?

I'd love to go through my whole bag and learn if all my clubs are right for me and why. With regard to your side not question, if it improves my game it fits my eye. I will use what works best, not what I think looks best.

Last edited:
I need to learn more about shafts. There are just SO many choices and I don't know enough and the OEM's don't make it easy with no standards in place from one to the other.

I'd like to know a little more about wedges and shafts, for a while spinners were a popular shaft but more and more I see them going away.

Also how do they pair shafts with wedge heads.

I'd also like to know more about shafts. When I was getting fit I tried a few different flexes and material types. The fitter explained the differences between each, but I wouldn't have had a clue where to even begin.

I really want to learn about shafts especially the difference in weights and how it can affect the ball flight. I would just like to me more knowledgable about shafts in general I guess.

Shaft characteristics and what makes each unique with how materials are used create stiffness or promote more "kick"

How important specialized wedge shafts really are

CG in woods and irons. I want to understand how movement changes performance

I would still like to know more about shafts at my level of play (age and swing speed) I feel like Graphite is next for me, but don't want to go totally wrong with them because of the cost.

JM

I want to learn about bounce on a wedge how to proper execute a wedge using bounce.

Second I would want to learn more about the grip and how it affects the takeaway directly or indirectly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back