What golf stuff did you buy today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This showed up today

y5y6yzu7.jpg

That looks pretty sharp right there.

It's close. I prefer a burnt orange longhorn hehe

It would be the golf glove that is made up of the best materials, but will fail to be worth a crap on the course.

A bit biased, but I think it's the best looking golf glove ever created.

I know you are expecting a snide comment, but I won't make one this time. Congratulations on the purchase.

A Bang golf bang-o-matic hybrid that I'd never heard of and bought for peanuts just for the KBS shaft it's fitted to. When it arrived I was surprised at the look of it it's beautiful. Now I can't wait to hit it.
7yrapeny.jpg

Don't under estimate BANG's equipment. It's top notch!

I bought 13 i-Line grips today... I cannot wait to get them in and figure out what I am going to put them on.

They look like this:

61-6jUuWEaL._SL1500_.jpg

About effing time.

How about the clubs with ferrules that match them? Just sayin...

I need to learn how to remove grips if I do that. Brand new'ish RELs on those beauties.

Your favorite PGA professional is here with some helpful info.

If you have air, you can remove them that way even if put on the normal way. At about 80psi it works for me. Short bursts through the hole at the bottom and a lot of twisting. It takes some time and you'll probably see a bubble form and scare you a bit (stop and remove the air ASAP or get ready to dodge flying rubber) but it'll start to give eventually.

If you don't have air, you can use a syringe and inject solvent in a few spots inside the grip and again, start twisting. This is a bit time consuming and you might use a good amount of solvent at first but it works.

Lastly, you could spend the 25-30 and buy a grip remover from golfworks, which is basically a big bottle with a needle at the end that does what step B does but a lot faster.

Grip saving is good.

I've heard good things..

Your favorite PGA professional is here with some helpful info.

If you have air, you can remove them that way even if put on the normal way. At about 80psi it works for me. Short bursts through the hole at the bottom and a lot of twisting. It takes some time and you'll probably see a bubble form and scare you a bit (stop and remove the air ASAP or get ready to dodge flying rubber) but it'll start to give eventually.

If you don't have air, you can use a syringe and inject solvent in a few spots inside the grip and again, start twisting. This is a bit time consuming and you might use a good amount of solvent at first but it works.

Lastly, you could spend the 25-30 and buy a grip remover from golfworks, which is basically a big bottle with a needle at the end that does what step B does but a lot faster.

haha, I know "how" I just don't have the utensils in which to accomplish said grip saving. the funny part about the last step you mention is that I'd basically break even between cutting the RELs and buying the grip remover hahaha!

haha, I know "how" I just don't have the utensils in which to accomplish said grip saving. the funny part about the last step you mention is that I'd basically break even between cutting the RELs and buying the grip remover hahaha!

Yeah the last one is one of those buy up front, save in long run.

The middle option does work though but it's kind of a pain in the neck.

Yeah the last one is one of those buy up front, save in long run.

The middle option does work though but it's kind of a pain in the neck.

I have seriously pondered getting a compressor to blow on grips, but I have my fears... If I were to blow up an i-line, I'd probably rage.

I have seriously pondered getting a compressor to blow on grips, but I have my fears... If I were to blow up an i-line, I'd probably rage.

If you got a small 3 gallon one that maxed at 100psi, I think you'd be fine. At about 60psi I have enough power to get a grip on fully. Small little bursts and push. Works pretty easy, and I haven't lost a grip yet

If you got a small 3 gallon one that maxed at 100psi, I think you'd be fine. At about 60psi I have enough power to get a grip on fully. Small little bursts and push. Works pretty easy, and I haven't lost a grip yet

Does using air work on non pure grips? If your using non-pure grips do you still use tape and what kind?

Just in time for the last round of the season on Saturday
2013-10-24%2019.43.51.jpg

Yes and yes. I used painters/masking tape, but that's likely a real hacker way to do it. Worked though.

Does using air work on non pure grips? If your using non-pure grips do you still use tape and what kind?

Yes, works just fine. Non pure grips I put a wrap of painters tape on it and then blow on like a pure grip. Have had zero issues.

Yes, works just fine. Non pure grips I put a wrap of painters tape on it and then blow on like a pure grip. Have had zero issues.

Thanks will have to give it a try when I re-grip

Painters tape, a bit of solvent, and a compressor set at 60psi works really easy.

A couple short bursts and the new grip is on.

Picked up a new driver and three wood today, couldn't go wrong at $1 each. I had real wood woods in my hand-me-down set that I started playing with but I couldn't remember what they felt like so I thought I would give these a shot.

DSC_0705_zpsf0c92493.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Driver face
DSC_0707_zps4e133cf3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Three wood face
DSC_0708_zpsbbdafd4a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Crown of the three wood
DSC_0709_zpsf20db37c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Picked up a new driver and three wood today, couldn't go wrong at $1 each. I had real wood woods in my hand-me-down set that I started playing with but I couldn't remember what they felt like so I thought ...

Those are classics. Where did you pick them up at?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back