What golf stuff did you buy today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may or may not have snagged an as-new Optiforce 460 for $105.....I want to try it vs. my Amp Cell + Kusala Blue combo.

I also got a Smart Square putter.

:D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Lime green Lamkin I-line putter grip.

Just made my first purchase at Fairway Styles. Picked up a pair of AUR pants and an AUR shirt. Style boost!

Byron Morgan 611 Putter to add to the collection

12871394093_608ce76fa5_o.png

12871741724_59951ffdc0_o.png

It is a beauty, congrats.

Picked up and paid for my 714 ap1's. Immediately got to play 9 with them. So nice to hit a quality club after so long with inferior stuff.

Very nice, how did your 9 holes go?

I bought a dozen RZN Platinum golf balls with a free 12 trial pack.

Just picked up some SR3's. Going to give them a go out on the course today.

That putter is amazing.

What golf stuff did you buy today?

Picked up a couple things yesterday, along with a head shaking story. Stiff Aldila NV 65 for $45 and 9 Winn DuraTech Hybrid grips at $2.50 apeice. If you don't want the story, move along.

A month ago or so, I decided to take some forum advice and try to switch from my Amp Cell stock stiff to a stock x-stiff shaft. Went on the sale/trade forum and saw that a member had one for sale. Consummated the transaction and the shaft came promptly. Lo-and-behold the shaft was cut an inch short, something the seller didn't disclose. Obvious from the first swing. So yesterday I decided to pull the sleeve off of that shaft and put it on another. Being that I don't have the equipment, I had to take it to the local Edwin Watts. They said they could do it, but I didn't really want to drop a ton more on the shaft. He recommended the Aldila NV, but they didn't have any in stock. I knew that they had some on clearance at Dick's and told him I would pick one up there and bring it back. I told him that when I brought him the new shaft that the shaft I brought in was cut short and that I wanted the new shaft cut to stock length, and I set off. Went to Dick's, picked up the shaft and saw the Winn grips on clearance. Went back to Edwin Watts and gave him the shaft. Told him again about the length and went around to browse. It was getting pretty close to closing time, so I went back to check just in time to see him cut the shaft. He brought it over to me and said "Here you go. Same length as the other shaft." Face palm. I told him that wasn't what I asked for and he instantly gave me an "Oh, yeah", and was very apologetic. It wasn't the end of the world for me, and I saw that he was really busy, so it was understandable that he could've forgotten. As it was closing time, and that they didn't have another similar shaft in stock, he said he would have to order another one in for me. Curious to see if they have this one available any more, and if they don't what they will try to substitute. Silver lining is that he said he would not charge for the sleeve pull and reinstall. Hope to have it back in time to hit a bucket before my first association outing on Saturday. If not, will just have to stick with the stock stiff.

Last edited:
Wedges & grips

I have a funny​ feeling that I am going to hammer this thread later on today.....

I have a funny​ feeling that I am going to hammer this thread later on today.....

That must be a really good feeling. Little jealous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another putter. WHP 1. My only Odyssey oddly enough.

Some limited flight balls for the yard and a couple of Golf Pride Z Grips for some recent acquisitions.

Aldila NVS 65 to pop the Cleveland adapter on.

$T2eC16F,!)EE9s2ufET!BSHMEC7jNg~~60_57.JPG

Tinkering?

Yeah it'll go in the Custom. Similar to the Tour Blue, but much more affordable and actually available through Cleveland. Mid/mid profile. Went R flex to see if I could grab a little more height.

Yeah it'll go in the Custom. Similar to the Tour Blue, but much more affordable and actually available through Cleveland. Mid/mid profile. Went R flex to see if I could grab a little more height.

Awesome...looking forward to seeing your thoughts on it.

Aldila NVS 65 to pop the Cleveland adapter on.

That's the orange shaft right? I gamed an R flex of those once and ended up giving it to my pops for his driver.

You got it. There is a pink version too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back