What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to a Chrysler training class on the new Dodge Dart transmission for work... Sat in the back of the class surfing through THP for a good chunk of the class..

Looked at my clubs, looked outside at the rain, looked at my clubs again, felt a tear starting up..................................................

Hit some balls in my yard when I got home.

Looked at my clubs, looked outside at the rain, looked at my clubs again, felt a tear starting up..................................................

Hit some balls in my yard when I got home.

haha i know the feeling

Booked a tee time for Saturday using Golf Now on THP!

Played 18 this afternoon, and then played in my 9 hole match play league this evening. Lost 1DN on the 9th hole. But, I still have a winning record of 3-1...10 weeks remaining.

Hit 175 balls on the range today, working primarily with the driver, 6 iron, and SW. Went in with the mindset of hitting the ball, instead of playing golf. I went on a pretty good tear about midway through, before fatigue and sore hands caught up with me. Getting a little confidence built up for when I venture back out to the course. The Nike 360 App is helping me tremendously.

Driving range day for me; worked on keeping good tempo and not over swinging. Decent results and looking forward to tomorrow's round.

Played in my local Thursday night two man scramble which is always fun! We won the first two weeks, out for vacation last week, and did not place this week. Heck we have to spread the wealth around :D

Played at The Golf Club of Dallas... Did NOT break 120 this time.
Go to "what did you shoot today" for my little report on my game and the course.

I went to the range today and hit a fair number of PW and 9 irons and then wanted to hit driver but my back started aching, so I worked on my distance control and feel with my 60 degree by hitting at the 50, 75, 100 targets.

Ate a golf cake and took a bunch of practice swings in front of the tv tonight. Need to get dialed in for tomorrow's round.

Ate a golf cake and took a bunch of practice swings in front of the tv tonight. Need to get dialed in for tomorrow's round.

Perfect.. I feel Like I dialed out any consistency I had going tonight.. Just one of those nights

great range session and then short game practice then worked on my putting stroke for about a half hour.

Hit 175 balls on the range today, working primarily with the driver, 6 iron, and SW. Went in with the mindset of hitting the ball, instead of playing golf..

One simple thought has revolutionized my game. "I can't control where the ball goes but I can control my swing."

This has all but eliminated anxiety over what may happen with a particular shot and allows me to focus on what I can in fact control. I follow my normal pre-shot routine then say to myself the above line, followed by "tempo, tempo, tempo..." I say it in my mind with a spanish accent but ymmv. :wink:

I marked two dozen golf balls, which was fun, and sent some golf stuff out for a fellow THPer and cleaned my clubs

My best friend and I go to the range together pretty regularly lately, sometimes on our lunch breaks. He's been helping me out a lot lately, but struggles with his own chipping. This is one part of my game that I have actually had confidence in for a long time.

We went to the practice green today, and I helped him with some things to practice. His ballstriking is very strong, so it didn't take him long to pick it up. We ended up playing a head to head, follow the leader closest to the pin chipping game (like HORSE). Race to 10: 1 point for closest, 2 for holing out, loser picks the next shot.

It was a lot of fun. I holed out 2 of the shots, ultimately beat him 10 to 3.

Dropped off my Mizzy MP-52 7-PW to get adjusted 2* stronger loft. I play the MX-200's, love the long irons but prefer the 52's scoring irons. The 52's are 2* weaker throughout, hence the adjustment. The disparity between MX-200 6-iron and MP-52 7-iron is about 20 yards in the current configuration. Looking forward to seeing if I can notice a bit lower ball-flight, too.

I praciticed my pitching and a little chipping in the yard. I wish I had a place here for putting.

An hour on the range working on my iron game, followed by about 45 minutes toying with the Adams Fast 12 line at the club demo day being held at my course.

Then spent about 30 minutes on the putting green. Gotta shave some strokes on the green!

18 holes, CART PATH ONLY. My group called in to report a foursome ahead of us who were driving wherever they wanted. It was 4 course marshals. Dumb asses.

18 holes, CART PATH ONLY. My group called in to report a foursome ahead of us who were driving wherever they wanted. It was 4 course marshals. Dumb asses.

Lol that's pretty funny smalls.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

Whaaaa????? Ha

I went to range and am in the process of trying to tweak my swing and start from scratch.. I just need legitimate lessons but I keep holding off thinking I will magically fix it all

Sent from my iPhone

Played 18.

Lol that's pretty funny smalls.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

Whaaaa????? Ha

I went to range and am in the process of trying to tweak my swing and start from scratch.. I just need legitimate lessons but I keep holding off thinking I will magically fix it all

Sent from my iPhone

We knew who they were. I was playing with two of the other marshals. One of the guys was the guy I mentioned last night who you could always tell when Joe is on the course, because you can hear him! I was surprised he called in instead of going over there and yelling at them himself!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back